Jump to content

Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

- - - - -

2014 MLB All-Star Game ThreadThis One Counts!


  • Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#1 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

If you're just tuning in, you've missed some woman scream her way through Dylan's "Forever Young".
Not sure why...
And then sing the Anthem kind of poorly.

Enough music, let's go

#2 FouLLine

FouLLine

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,525 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

If you're just tuning in, you've missed some woman scream her way through Dylan's "Forever Young".
Not sure why...
And then sing the Anthem kind of poorly.

Enough music, let's go

Gotta take the NL just more talent there.

#3 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,546 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

#4 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.

Edited by Gumbo_Ghost, 15 July 2014 - 07:13 PM.


#5 klove42

klove42

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,307 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Jersey

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

Derek Jeter!!!! Just wanted to mention his name because I haven't heard it yet tonight
No Days Off

#6 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,546 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

I'm just gonna watch the first inning then watch The Strain from the other night, anyone watch it?

#7 Low and Away

Low and Away

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:16 PM

View Postklove42, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Derek Jeter!!!! Just wanted to mention his name because I haven't heard it yet tonight

Turn on the volume then. I just turned the game on and am already sick of the references. Coarse for me once is more than enough. And there is another one. Will it ever end?

#8 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Maybe 10 years ago Jeets

#9 yanksman

yanksman

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.
lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

#10 Zumayaaaa

Zumayaaaa

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,247 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Burlington, ON

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

View PostFouLLine, on 15 July 2014 - 07:10 PM, said:

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:09 PM, said:

If you're just tuning in, you've missed some woman scream her way through Dylan's "Forever Young".
Not sure why...
And then sing the Anthem kind of poorly.

Enough music, let's go

Gotta take the NL just more talent there.

I like the AL Side in this regard.

#11 9703

9703

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

They did the same thing for Mariano last year. They're hall of famers playing their last year. It's expected.

#12 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

News to me

#13 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,546 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.
lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

I don't have kids. Now I know I guess.

#14 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

I don't love this direct center camera view they're using.

#15 yanksman

yanksman

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.
lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

I don't have kids. Now I know I guess.
dont really need kids to hear of her. Shes a huge broadway star and became even more famous and john travolta introduced her as adele dezeem at the oscars. Lmao

#16 dmb3684

dmb3684

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,546 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.
lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

I don't have kids. Now I know I guess.
dont really need kids to hear of her. Shes a huge broadway star and became even more famous and john travolta introduced her as adele dezeem at the oscars. Lmao

I don't have kids and I don't follow broadway. Who cares.

#17 MugsyBogues

MugsyBogues

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:28 PM

 dmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm just gonna watch the first inning then watch The Strain from the other night, anyone watch it?

It seemed good and then got weird as hell. Not my cup of tea.

#18 yanksman

yanksman

    On the Ballot

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,654 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:27 PM, said:

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:25 PM, said:

View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:24 PM, said:

View Postyanksman, on 15 July 2014 - 07:22 PM, said:

View PostGumbo_Ghost, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Agreed, taking the NL

Harold is off to a good start on the mic :rolleyes:


View Postdmb3684, on 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM, said:

Forever Young thing was so odd. Who was that chick anyways?

By the way Joe Buck was going overboard with the love for her, I'd assume she's on some Fox show.
lol wtf you never hears of idina menzel? She won the oscar for this little unheard song called let it go from this unheard movie called frozen.

I don't have kids. Now I know I guess.
dont really need kids to hear of her. Shes a huge broadway star and became even more famous and john travolta introduced her as adele dezeem at the oscars. Lmao

I don't have kids and I don't follow broadway. Who cares.
ok just confirming you live under a rock

#19 jstep13

jstep13

    Allstar

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Damn Disney movies be serious talk up in this biz

#20 Gumbo_Ghost

Gumbo_Ghost

    Hall of Famer

  • Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:St.Louis

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 PM

Yay! It's Jeets!
It couldn't be a more "Meh..." moment for me.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users