SundayKindofLove

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

created to monitor.

http://www.fresnobee...99/330/654/345/

Susac's leadoff solo home run in the ninth inning was his second in as many games. The Oregon State product homered in back-to-back games for the first time since June 28-30 of last year at Erie with Double-A Richmond. He currently is hitting 6-11 (.545) with two doubles, two homers and five RBI over three games since returning from the disabled list on May 8.

2014 sickels prospect report:

He’s tapping into his power more effectively and there seems less concern about his hitting mechanics with the most recent reports. Note the combination of walks with a reasonably low strikeout rate. He’s also sharpening up his defense, throwing out 40% of runners in Double-A while lowering his error and passed ball rates. Despite his progress, Susac seems to be overlooked this winter. I think the problem here is that people are still thinking about 2012 and not adjusting enough for conditions in the Eastern League, where he really hit quite well, .256 average aside. His SEC was .363.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.../#storylink=cpy
"He hears the crescendoing last chords of the national anthem and sees the great open horseshoe of the grandstand and that unfolding vision of the grass that always seems to mean he has stepped outside his life - the rubbed shine that sweeps and bends from the raked dirt of the infield out to the high green fences. It is the excitement of a revealed thing."

#2 dzemens

dzemens

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,952 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

FYI neither link youve provided works.
"To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"

#3 MiggyRunsTings

MiggyRunsTings

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,045 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:33 PM

and how's a backup catcher going to be relevant?
10-team H2H Standard ($200 Cap) 

QB: Peyton Manning $41
WR: Jeremy Maclin FA
WR: T.Y. Hilton (Via Trade)
RB: Lesean Mccoy $59
RB: Arian Foster (Via Trade)
TE: Greg Olsen $4
FLEX:  Andre Johnson $21
K: Adam Vinatieri $1
DEF: Baltimore FA

B: RB Trent Richardson $11, WR Steve Smith FA, WR DeAndre Hopkins $2, RB Jerick McKinnon FA, RB Bishop Sankey FA, RB Tre Mason FA, RB Bryce Brown

#4 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

His situation is really only relevant to Buster Posey, with the possibility of him playing 1B, but Susac won't have stand alone value in almost any league.
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#5 Stickfig13

Stickfig13

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,108 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

His situation is really only relevant to Buster Posey, with the possibility of him playing 1B, but Susac won't have stand alone value in almost any league.

Belt out. Duvall is terrible so far. Buster getting the snot beat out of him behind the plate. I could see the kid getting some PT. The Giants farm leaves a lot to be desired. I don't see him making an impact

#6 Posting In The Clutch

Posting In The Clutch

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,459 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I'm thinking if Posey ever moves to 1B full-time like Mauer, Susac could have some sneaky value as a catcher. But that's a big IF.

Oh my friends, my friends, forgive me

That I live and you are gone.

There's a grief that can't be spoken.

There's a pain goes on and on.

#7 parrothead

parrothead

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,703 posts
  • Interests:Following jimmy Buffett all summer hitting baseball stadiums along the way.

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm thinking if Posey ever moves to 1B full-time like Mauer, Susac could have some sneaky value as a catcher. But that's a big IF.

Probably not happening for another year or two...Can Posey play 3B?  That was always the combo, was Catchers would play some 3B too...don't see it as much these days.  Thinking they are going to give Belt another year at 1B, unless they move Belt to LF because that seems to be a revolving door position each year for them...will they re-sign Sandoval, who isn't putting up a monster season, but its enough someone will throw big money at him this winter. 

But you are right, if Posey moves out of C, Susac has some appeal in your standard size 2-catch leagues.

Seems everybody's jogging or heavy into health s?&t, don't tell me that I otta get rolfed, cause I love Cajun martinis and playing afternoon golf-JB from we are the people are parents warned us about

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users