#1 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  • Interests:balls of all kinds. footballs; soccer balls; footie balls. etc

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:15 AM

One for the next week, figure we can kick it off. Though I think he has a quite difficult start on tap, I'll have to check... I actually have two because of this, but I like the first one and his upside through year's end a bit more than the flailing latter, who simply has a dream-made match-up he should at least pull a QS out of a hat during. And these dream streams aaaaree....

For those in leagues a bit deeper, or even those with emphasize on pitching starts- and if not, think 12 or 14-team+ mixed leagues or most-all AL-only at this point (and it's not so much the pitcher, as it's his team and the complete out-of-nowhere success, coupled with 6-straight losses due to run support and rotten timing, too- other counting stats are fantastic though and he is just as worth an own as a Jacob deGrom IMO).... 26-year-old, out of nowhere (breakout?) SP Collin McHugh of the HOU Astros. His numbers, forgetting aboout his W-L and losing streak for a moment, are quite nice- and this also came with a DL stint in between his last start, and most recent (which his struck out 9 over 6 in, despite taking the L ultimately- again).
The tl;dr/stat portion: McHugh, through today sports a 3.45 ERA, 1.12 WHIP, and a 102/34 K/BB ratio in 88 2/3 IP. That's pretty damn solid for a guy who is owned in just 24% of Y! leagues as of right now- available in over 75%, when deGrom (fairly) has gained enough steam for notice to be added in most. He needs to be added to. The only downside are his 6 straight losses, but timing has had some to do with this, so a 4-9 record should be overlooked and taken into account: he plays for the Astros. A lot of SP have gone on record (or at least said in interview) that K/9 is the most important stat in their minds when put side-by-side with their walk ratio, and I hear this often. McHugh has a very nice k/9 and k/bb ratio, for that matter, and if HOU put up some runs or he hadn't had an untimely FL stint, perhaps he isn't in a 6-loss draught. But he makes a great buy-low—or flat-out add, if any leagues on Y! you need SP in are among the 75% he is out there in.
Recommended in: 12+mixed leagues, and anything below/ll AL-only and especially the big ones- some 14+ mixed as well, if pitching is scarce. Good for a stream when facing the right match-up most any time if possible, though. I like him a lot right now, and he showed grit coming back after a rough 1st today. 9 K/6IP is encouraging as well, showing that this might not be fluke-like after all. Buy in now while he's under-owned...

--
I also like Mike Minor (5 days from now) facing the same Pads team he beat, even if his numbers are pretty awful and his start today was far from pretty. But he is owned in near-70% or around there in Y! so only available in 30%, maybe closer to 25% for that matter, and a deep-league add if anything (and even in my deep leagues, he has been floating on some redraft wires). He's good for a stream and I like him more than the Pads in their 2nd meeting and in large part because it will be in Petco, and I think Minor will adapt better than they will- also with some DL bats coming back before/by then, I think.

Those are my two guys, but Minor is more 8-10team territory or NL-only/smaller in that case as well.
  • Rabbit Maranville and GilbertB like this
recap w/ 2 wks remaining...
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
BN OF Lorenzo Cain, OF Carl Crawford
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#2 yanksman

yanksman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,085 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

Carlos Beltran is heating up and was dropped in many leagues. Might be time to re-add

#3 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

Austin Jackson and Aaron Hill are hitting up.

TEAM A - 10 team H2H - 6pt Td League
QB - Andrew Luck WR -Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall
RB - Zac Stacy & Toby Gerhart TE - Larry Donnell
W/T - Michael Floyd  W/R - Brandin Cooks  K - Adam Vinatieri  DEF - New England
BN - Jay Cutler, Sammy Watkins, Eddie Royal, Fred Jackson, Stream, Stream 

TEAM B - 12 Team H2H - 4pt Passing Td League 

QB - Jay Cutler  WR - Alshon Jeffery, DeAndre Hopkins 
RB - Jamaal Charles & LeSean McCoy TE Stream
W/T - Brandin Cooks  W/R - Eric Decker  K - Stream  DEF - New England 

BN - Chris Johnson, Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, Darrin Reaves, Stream. 

#4 lassetjus

lassetjus

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:02 AM

Still owned in less than 50% of Yahoo leagues, Lucas Duda, 1B, of NYM, can help you in the power and rbi department and not hurt you all that much with his batting average. If you've got an open Utility spot, he can fill it. He's got 18 HR, and 56 RBI, with a .259 AVG.

He's got a really good batted ball profile for sustained power output, with a 48+% flyball rate. Also his plate discipline and contact skills are decent for a power hitter with 11.8% walk rate and 75% contact rate.

12-team H2H $$ Keeper League (4 Keepers From Round Taken, 3-Year Max Contract) (10th year in existence, 4-time Champion, 2-time Runner-Up)
Categories: 7 x 7 (R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, K) x (W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV, HLD, QS)

C-Travis d'Arnaud
1B-Freddie Freeman (4)
2B-Anthony Rendon
3B-Nolan Arenado
SS-Mookie Betts
LF-Corey Dickerson
CF-Yasiel Puig (16)
RF-Jorge Soler
UTIL-Antoan Richardson

SP-Stephen Strasburg, Madison Bumgarner (3), Julio Teheran, Tanner Roark, Yordano Ventura, Marcus Stroman, Carlos Carrasco, Yusmeiro Petit
RP-Aroldis Chapman, Trevor Rosenthal, Jenrry Mejia, Ken Giles, Luke Gregerson, Brett Cecil

#5 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,675 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

Still owned in less than 50% of Yahoo leagues, Lucas Duda, 1B, of NYM, can help you in the power and rbi department and not hurt you all that much with his batting average. If you've got an open Utility spot, he can fill it. He's got 18 HR, and 56 RBI, with a .259 AVG.

He's got a really good batted ball profile for sustained power output, with a 48+% flyball rate. Also his plate discipline and contact skills are decent for a power hitter with 11.8% walk rate and 75% contact rate.

Yea def but i would suggest for Roto league than plugging him into the h2h league.

TEAM A - 10 team H2H - 6pt Td League
QB - Andrew Luck WR -Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Marshall
RB - Zac Stacy & Toby Gerhart TE - Larry Donnell
W/T - Michael Floyd  W/R - Brandin Cooks  K - Adam Vinatieri  DEF - New England
BN - Jay Cutler, Sammy Watkins, Eddie Royal, Fred Jackson, Stream, Stream 

TEAM B - 12 Team H2H - 4pt Passing Td League 

QB - Jay Cutler  WR - Alshon Jeffery, DeAndre Hopkins 
RB - Jamaal Charles & LeSean McCoy TE Stream
W/T - Brandin Cooks  W/R - Eric Decker  K - Stream  DEF - New England 

BN - Chris Johnson, Alfred Blue, Carlos Hyde, Darrin Reaves, Stream. 

#6 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:42 PM

Kiermaier still somehow 12% owned in Yahoo. Crazy for a speed power guy hitting for average and getting on base. He's been a 5 cat contributor since he's been up and has not shown signs of cooling off.
  • Milk Me and GilbertB like this
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#7 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 04:03 PM

^ I was slow to pick him up as a Myers owner and kicking myself since.... def. like that- and OF Sam Fuld, if he continues to play and hit. Has had or was having a stellar July.

--

Jedd Gyorko is off the DL today after almost 2 months with that injury I struggle to spell. Despite the horrible year heading into the DL to point, he should do a lot better down the stretch if healthy (IMO)....

Hembree was dealt to the BoSox in the Peavy deal, and was well-known as the Fresno closer at the time.... some thought he could be up with the Giants, and even though I expect Koji to stick around (personal opinion, and most media outlets suggest the same anyway), but there's still a chance he could factor in down the stretch or become a late-innings guy and scalp some saves. He's not a bad stash if you nobody else and he is likely on the wire in deeper redraft leagues, if in the database anyway (? is he....??).... but who knows with Y! and their missing players (in contrast to guys like Wagner who sat in their pool 2 yrs post-retirement...cough). That's my one gripe w/ Y! these days, but if available I would say he is a solid stash for a pen arm... can't really say he's bound for a lot of save opps unless Koji IS dealt, but stranger things have happened.
ROSTER:
C Derek Norris+, 1B Matt Adams, 2B Anthony Rendon, 3B Casey McGehee, SS Alexei Ramirez, CI Brock Holt, MI Arismendy Alcantara, OF(x5) Giancarlo Stanton, Ben Revere, J.D. Martinez, Christian Yellich, Jorge Soler(opening day N/A stash), UTL(x2) Juan Lagares, Khris Davis
SP(x3) Chris Sale, Zach Greink, Phil Hughes, RP(x3) Joe Nathan, Hector Rondon, Edward Mujica, P(SP/RP-x3) Neftali Feliz, Tony Sipp, Chad Qualls, BN Scott Kazmir SP, Carlos Carrasco SP/RP, Jake Arrieta SP
THE DEPOSED:
Kyle Seager (FA add who gave me 31R, 11HR, 54 RBI & 5 SB before dealt), Scooter Gennett (Fa add) dealt for Joe Nathan, 1-for-1 and I've re-added Scooter since his owner had dropped him at points, Corey Dickerson (impatient drop by me-ugh), Goldschmidt(original pick, hit & out for year); Wil Myers(original pick I dropped and didn't want to DL/wait on w/ how he'd been playing), Nolan Arrenado(original pick; dealt for Ben Revere about 3wks ago 1-for-1), Yasiel Puig (dealt 1-for-1 for Greinke about 1-2/4ths into the season), Tulo (went down, original draftee), Kolten Wong (untimely drop), Koji (dealt for 1-for-1 for Heyward, an original pick- dropped recently for Tony Sipp), Brandon Moss (dealt for Yellich and Cody Allen), Mike Cuddyer (on my team as an original pick and re-pickup, but dropped again), Yan Gomes (original 1$ draft pick and C, dropped 2/4th thru for Vogt/Norris combo), Vogt (dropped recently for Carl Crawford I think), Josh Harrison(dealt in a deal for Brock Holt), Sean Doolittle (1IP- 18.00/2.00 WHIP from it, prior to him getting the CL- I f'd up there... outright drop for god knows who), Shelby Miller & Gerrit Cole (14 wins total; both original picks, Miller cut and Cole dealt for Alexei SS 1-for-1), Garrett Richards (11 W- FA add, and cut once injured), Jake McGee, Ronald Belisario, Jenry Mejia- 20SV (McGee dealt in deal for Khris Davis and Matt Adams; Belisario cut; Mejia dealt w/ 1 total SV for Rendon early in year :)
go team go I need the money, GIVE ME THE MONEY STUART LITTLE DILLHOLE. I NEED SOME WHITE LADY, K.

#8 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

Jason Lane if you're bored/out of the race in one way or another and just wanna have fun!
  • Beakman likes this
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#9 Red Sox Nation

Red Sox Nation

On the Ballot

• Moderators
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:15 PM

Chris Dickerson on the Indians - This guy actually has a decent speed/power combo. He's 32 years old, whiffs a lot, and his team is looking for outfielders so he could fizzle out by this Thursday. BUT, he can hit righties a bit, and faces (as currently scheduled) at least 13 in a row, and if the Indians don't get another OF, then he'll play almost all of those 13 games. Deep leaguers, or those looking for a short term add, look here.
  • AnonymousRob, Milk Me and Sidearmer like this

#10 Sidearmer

Sidearmer

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,076 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:39 AM

Chris Dickerson on the Indians - This guy actually has a decent speed/power combo. He's 32 years old, whiffs a lot, and his team is looking for outfielders so he could fizzle out by this Thursday. BUT, he can hit righties a bit, and faces (as currently scheduled) at least 13 in a row, and if the Indians don't get another OF, then he'll play almost all of those 13 games. Deep leaguers, or those looking for a short term add, look here.

I actually touted him in the draft sleepers thread during Spring Training as a guy who can possibly be something this year. He was raking in the Spring at the time and has always had power and speed. He also tore it up in the minor leagues this year (7 HR / 12 SB / .300+ AVG / 400 + OBP) in under 300 AB. IL, not the PCL.

I always thought this guy never got a fair shot in the MLB. Over 667 career AB he has 17 HR and 33 SB with a .342 OBP. Those are good numbers!

Maybe this 2 week run of playing time can give him a shot to be the August version of Steve Pearce.

I really like this tout and its a great find.
  • Milk Me likes this
"I never said most of the things I said." - Yogi Berra

#11 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Ben Paulsen 1B for the Rockies is raking. The Sample size is small, but he's a guy we may need to keep an eye on.

Who he is: The Rockies have recalled first baseman Ben Paulsen from Triple-A Colorado Springs prior to Monday's game against the Nationals, Denver Post reports. He is expected to take the roster spot of Justin Morneau, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list. Paulsen hit .291 with 15 homers and 57 RBI in 347 at-bats at Triple-A.

^Yes, these are PCL numbers.

Edited by Z06vette, 29 July 2014 - 10:25 AM.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#12 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:36 PM

As a stream, SP/RP Joe Kelly is owned in Y! leagues at a clip of just 19% and has a tasty match-up tomorrow @SD. I'd recommend him for almost any league size if he's out there, and you need a stream... Travis Wood has pitched well and is 25% owned, but I like Kelly so much more even with Wood facing a depleted Rockies team Wada just dominated.... but Wood isn't bad as well if available/Kelly isn't, or if both are and you need 2 streams and have 2 spots to spare?...

But my gut likes Kelly for tomorrow. 19% isn't bad- over 81% of leagues and this is a guy with an ERA right around 3.00- or less even, in over 260 big league IP as is (if I'm not confusing him with one of the other Cardinals RP/SP/RP/SP guys.... it feels like they have an endless supply of pitchers who can fluctuate roles like this at times and I have confused them or their numbers/service time and stuff before)....

I also like the Dickerson tout- I almost mentioned him last week, but wanted to keep quiet and keep watching.... had him and Fuld on my watch list and may POUNCE on the Dickerson (YEAH) now that I remembered- if he's still playing regularly enough. I like him in that lineup and think he could easily find some ABs....

CLE top-prospect SS Francisco Lindor is also a name worth filing away w/ Asdrubal likely gone after this year, and having another mediocre season anyway- also riddled with injury- as he'll probably give way or lose ABs and starts to Lindor at one point or another, even if not until SEPT. But he could be a difference maker for that month, and could be worth a stash in your redraft(s) depending on your projected needs for that time.... I could see him starting down the stretch if they're eliminated or anything serious happens to Asdrubal (or hell- maybe he is dealt? You never know..)
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#13 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Just wanna add onto the tout for Francisco Lindor (in re: to the situation and how he's currently blocked 'til next yr barring a trade of Cabrera before the deadlines)- two more recent updates from both players which makes me say, take a chance and stash this guy until the deadline's passed- maybe even the WW deadline since CLE isn't really out of either the race (though I'd say it's wild card or nothing again)... Lindor has upside and would be a nice add to any team, and is owned in 2% of Y! leagues. As a SS he's worth taking a chance on Asdrubal being moved in the next day or so, and with him starting tonight (Cabrera) and evidently over whatever had been keeping him out of the lineup, and the Indians having making him available despite not yet falling out of the race at this point .... I wouldn't be shocked if he was dealt alongside a guy like Masterson, should they choose to sell-off some pieces or FA-to-be and can still feel like they could make a run at the WC. There's no saying they couldn't always acquire an MLB-ready piece in another area in any potential deal(s) too, so I wouldn't say it's an impossible thought especially after reading this and knowing how long Lindor has been marinating/ready down at AAA.... just my .2 but I don't think either player stays beyond the WW trade deadline- and that's more because I think CLE will have faded by then and more willing to sell either player for possibly less than they would over the next 48hr. So if you have a N/A spot to burn for awhile possibly... I really love Lindor's upside, even if only for the last month of the season.....

Anyway, here are the two RW blurbs that make me say "stash Lindor"- at least until further notice:

(Lindor)

Sun, Jul 27
Indians shortstop prospect Francisco Lindor went 2-for-3 with two home runs and a walk for Triple-A Columbus on Saturday.
Advice: Lindor has gone 6-for-18 with a double, two home runs, and three walks during his first five games in the Triple-A International League. His timetable is muddled by Asdrubal Cabrera, as many teams would have Lindor in the major leagues right now to take advantage of his defense. Lindor could be promoted immediately if Cabrera is traded, but otherwise he is likely to make his major league debut in early 2015.
(Rotoworld.com)

-
(Cabrera)

Buster Olney of ESPN.com writes that the "perception" around the Indians is that they are ready to move both Asdrubal Cabrera and Justin Masterson.
Advice: The Indians are just four games out in the AL Wild Card race and 6 1/2 games back in the AL Central, but they could move one or both if the right offer comes along. Cabrera and Masterson are both set to become free agents this offseason.

Makes me wonder. But they're in the race- which just makes me feel like they could very well be WW trade pieces, and that makes Lindor a risky hold for those who would prefer stashing a SP or someone who might be up sooner. But at least I can say Lindor is definitely out there in a lot of FA pools...2% right now.
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#14 Z06vette

Z06vette

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

Ben Paulsen 1B for the Rockies is raking. The Sample size is small, but he's a guy we may need to keep an eye on.

Who he is: The Rockies have recalled first baseman Ben Paulsen from Triple-A Colorado Springs prior to Monday's game against the Nationals, Denver Post reports. He is expected to take the roster spot of Justin Morneau, who was placed on the 15-day disabled list. Paulsen hit .291 with 15 homers and 57 RBI in 347 at-bats at Triple-A.

^Yes, these are PCL numbers.

Well, maybe not.

Justin Morneau (neck) was activated off the 15-day disabled list Tuesday.

Didn't realize Morneau was coming back from the DL today.
"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides, and shrugs; an optimist doesn’t see the clouds at all – he’s walking on them. " - Leonard Louis Levinson

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

#15 Vagos_scp

Vagos_scp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

Danny Santana

#16 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:59 PM

Travis Snider is on fire, homering in 3 out of his last 3 games (one of which was a sole pinch-hit appearance, and tonight he has started the night 'with a bang' you could say as he already has hit another and is 1-1 with that shot).

I'd add him if you need power.... with Polanco slumping, it's not inconcievable that he steals some playing time if he can keep hitting with power like this. The Bucs really could use it- or perhaps they would try him more often at 1B?...

Regardless, he seems well worth a go if you need some pop, and I'm sure there's a lot of pools he's floating in. Go check it out if in need of a guy who could still be a Brandon Moss-esque post-hype sleeper (and Moss didn't even have much hype by the time his days in PIT had arrived, to boot- Snider is at least seems youngish still?.. I can't say, but 26/27 maybe? Been around forever, but who knows?)
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#17 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:23 PM

Rumors have the Pads still shopping Benoit- and I could easily see a trade happening easily with his quick turnaround after a couple outings that may have left a sour taste in rival executives' (with interest) mouths.... he's 3/3 with 3 clean SVs since those rough outings, though, and the next in line should be one of (unless the dreaded committee takes its place) Dale Thayer, who had success last year and as a fill-in previously, or rookie/'future closer' Kevin Quackenbush (let's root for him on name alone, aye?).....

RW seems to suggest Thayer- but this is after a prior blurb had indicated that Tim Stauffer would likely take the job if both Street & Benoit were/are dealt (prior to Street BEING dealt, I mean). Dodgers no longer interested in SP, but looking at back-end rotation + bullpen help smells like a decent match, and if not there are about 5 or 6 other teams I could realistically see acquiring a guy (or at least needing a guy) like Benoit and having pieces to do so. His ability to CL and setup probably is enticing.

This is me simply coming into to push Quackenbush more than anything. He has a WHIP under .90 and very low ERA with it over 30IP (with about 30SO on the dot over that span), and if CLMonkey's endorsement of him isn't enough, there was a time about 2 wks ago where Bud Black came out on the record and said they would like and hope to see him take on and thrive in the CL role and possibly this season if circumstances presented (though obviously not verbatim, he did outright imply it-should there be the opening).

I think both (Thayer as well) are decent pickups if you're speculating for SVs, and the thing with SD is they seem to generate an awful lot of chances then they do win.. a lot of 1-run games; Quack was a CL in the minors and dating back to college, so he definitely has the "pedigree"- I like him more but Thayer or a committee would not surprise me one bit.... Quackenbush is a more obvious choice, IMO with that team headed nowhere now.
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#18 BlueJaysIn2030

BlueJaysIn2030

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

Any streams for tomorrow? I've done two this (Bauer and Morton), and my ratios got smoked (thanks MadBum)...

I was thinking of Hutchinson. Any other recommendations from you gurus?
12 Team Dynasty League

C Devin Mesoraco 1B Anthony Rizzo 2B Jason Kipnis 3B Todd Frazier
SS Ian Desmond IF Nolan Arenado
OF Carlos Gomez, Bryce Harper, Matt Kemp
UTL Andrew McCutchen, Jason Heyward, Wil Myers
BN Javier Baez

SP Clayton Kershaw, Madison Bumgarner
RP Santiago Casilla, Cody Allen
P Jake McGhee, Sean Doolittle Mat Latos, Alex Wood, Zack Wheeler
BN Matt Shoemaker, Gerrit Cole, Jacob deGrom

NA
DL Jurickson Profar

#19 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:49 PM

Any streams for tomorrow? I've done two this (Bauer and Morton), and my ratios got smoked (thanks MadBum)...

I was thinking of Hutchinson. Any other recommendations from you gurus?

This does all depend on the size of your league and who is likely to be available, obviously, so some of these may be way off-par. That said, I am going to roll with the fact Bauer & Morton were on your WW as streams and use your team signature as some indicator and go with what I think *might* be out there and work well.... granted, this is a league-to-league thing for everyone I'm about to name, but if he's a player owned in a high % of Y! leagues I'll get it out of the way early, and make note of how high the % is.

That out of the way, Shelby Miller of STL faces the Pads, @SD tomorrow. He is owned in a lot of leagues still, but due to him being booted (temporarily) from the Cards' rotation in favor of Martinez, who stunk it up even more, he was dropped in over 20% of leagues in under a week and now sits at right around 70-71% (71% tops- if I were to round off 70% is the closest bet I'm pretty damn sure, so he's out there in 30% of Y! leagues right now for the taking)..... the Cards' acquisiton of Masterson may yet give him the boot, but for now, he's slated to start tomorrow @SD and that would be enough for me to stream him. I'm using Joe Kelly simply for that same reason tonight- and I personally believe Masterson will replace whoever pitches worse (Kelly tonight vs Miller tomorrow), unless Martinez is still in the rotation- then I think he's obviously the choice to go back to the pen. BUT the point was Miller makes a fantastic stream if you're in a smaller league or his owner didn't want to hang onto a mopup man/6th-7th starter the ROS. I owned him, cut bait, and might look to re-add him if I have an open stream just for tomorrow myself honestly but I assume he has been picked up by somebody else by now.
I like him the most, but he's obviously not going to be out there in as many leagues... so here's a few other options just listed from most to least favorable (IMO) w/ % marks next to each name.. hope it helps some! Good luck!
-
Tomorrow's stream (favorable to least favorable, in descending order....) options:
(ALSO: just remember to keep in mind that any trades that go down from now to then may make a lot of these subject to change or completely irrelevant!)
STL SP Shelby Miller (71%) @SD (more for shallower leagues, or NL-only, if not that rare instance he's floating because of the uncertainty with his future in the rotation + his name coming up in multiple trade rumors/package deals in deeper 12+ mixed leagues...)
DET SP/RP Drew Smyly (26%) @CWS (I guess there's a solid chance he's available, and depending on who is in that Chicago lineup, he could flirt with double-digit SO easily for a consecutive start... Dunn alone could go 0-4 with 4K for that matter- but he is owned more universally than a lot of guys would be, and CWS still have a good offense obviously)
TOR SP Drew Hutchinson (17%) @HOU (good call right there from the get-go, ^^BlueJays!^^)
MIA SP Tom Koehler vs. CIN (if only due to the Marlins surging as late, and Cincy kind of tanking a bit.... I'd risk this one if I had pick someone or else- it could be and is a lot worse below for example...)
BAL SP Bud Norris (7%) vs. LAA (I like this year's Bud Norris, and the veteran presence and stability he has surprisingly brought to that staff- something Ubaldo has not done one bit, that's for sure- but I don't particular love this match-up with LAA playing well, or even like it much... but it still gets worse, as far as the last guy I really see worth a thought goes.... for most leagues of all sizes, even)- last guy I see worth even mentioning....

CWS SP John Danks (8%) vs. DET
(This is where it gets sketchy, and fast— with Danks being about one of the few options I'd even consider in 14+ leagues as a stream.... but he did beat DET over 7IP earlier this season, allowing 2 R if I remember right, and limiting their offense in doing so pretty well.... he is a risky play right now if ever before- BUT if you're desperate AND feeling REALLY lucky then go for it, I guess!)

That's about it. Then it's guys like Jeff Collmenter and we all saw last week's debacle with him. It depends on who is out there really, but these seem like the best streamers likely to be available and perhaps worth using depending on each league size/setting/rules etc.

Good luck, fellas- and I hope this helps a bit!
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

#20 Milk Me

Milk Me

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 12:38 AM

Bump the streamer tout for Bud Norris up a slot or three maybe? It's too late to edit the post but not too late for adds in most leagues before a cutoff.... and for what it is worth, he had a fantastic outing against LAA on the road last time out, and faces them at home (albeit Camden being a hitter's park, it's not like it's much better in for the Angels' pitchers.... if I'm not off-par on this one- feel free to jump in here if I am though).

In any case, I like him as a stream much more than before, as I'd gotten him confused with someone else who the Angels were teeing off on about a week ago.... when in contrast, he dominated them in their home park. Well worth a stream w/ his under 10% ownership level.
ROSTER:
THE DEPOSED:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users