9 replies to this topic

#1 MonsterMan

MonsterMan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

Filling in nicely for the ChiSox while Putnam is on the DL and Lindstrom rehabs. Picked up his 6th save today.

Short-term or ROS Closer?

#2 Nefarious Industrialist

Nefarious Industrialist

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:10 PM

Ventura is still the manager, right? So let's not pretend we have any freaking clue
  • deuce4off, mthdmn and MonsterMan like this

#3 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

I still believe Lindstrom takes over. Petricka has done well recently, but he still walks too many guys. Lindstrom was throwing quite well before going down. But like Nefarious said, who knows with Ventura.

I couldn't care less about your teams

#4 overkill94

overkill94

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

I still believe Lindstrom takes over. Petricka has done well recently, but he still walks too many guys. Lindstrom was throwing quite well before going down. But like Nefarious said, who knows with Ventura.

He was?

3.32 ERA, 1.47 WHIP, 11 K, 9 BB in 19 IP

The ERA's not too scary but everything else screams STAY AWAY

#5 CAT

CAT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

Disagree. Petricka will keep the job until he loses it, IMO.

#6 deuce4off

deuce4off

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

He was?

I know his season stats. I said "before going down", not "the whole year". There's a difference. I believe there was only one outing in his last ten where he gave up a run.

I couldn't care less about your teams

#7 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,011 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:37 PM

Disagree. Petricka will keep the job until he loses it, IMO.

I tend to agree here. There's really no reason to go back to Lindstrom unless Petricka blows up a bunch of times.

If you subscribe to the Pale hose are out of it and rebuilding then having Petricka get innings and confidence to be the closer now and in the future would make sense.

If you subscribe to the narrative the Pale Hose still are going for the WC (6.5 out) then Petricka has been scored upon 1 in his last 14 outings (knock on wood) which is a much stronger streak then Lindstrom ever had this season. Why upset the delicate balance?

Neither is going to remind anyone of Kimbrel but other than the old rule that you don't lose your job b/c of injury, there's not a ton of upside to re-installing Lindstrom (trade deadline is over and no one would want him as a closer regardless).

Therefore, I absolutely expect Ventura to put Lindstrom right back in there to save games b/c he's an idiot.....
  • swingbatter likes this
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#8 overkill94

overkill94

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 11:54 PM

He was?

I know his season stats. I said "before going down", not "the whole year". There's a difference. I believe there was only one outing in his last ten where he gave up a run.

He gave up 4 runs in his last 10 outings (9 IP)

#9 Trader Mac

Trader Mac

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Interests:Mizzou football and basketball, Stratomatic, reading

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

I would definitely pick up Petricka if he is out in your free agent pool. The walks scare me some, but his H/9 is awesome.
"The Rock says this, if the Rock hits you he'll kill you. If he misses, the wind behind the punch will give you pneumonia and you'll die anyway, so the choice is yours, jabroni."

#10 CAT

CAT

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

All that crap with the closer role that Ventura went through early in the season...really all he wanted was a somewhat stable closer. He has that now. He won't change that unless he is forced to make another change, IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users