Anything noteworthy?

#2 rayruuu

rayruuu

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

I drafted a league a couple weeks ago, when Graham was at 30 and the tight ends were all very low. It seems now that they've moved everyone up, including Gerhart and the rest of the TEs. Sleeper picks like Knile Davis, West, Twill, Michael have all gotten boosts now I believe
14 Team PPR

QB: Rivers
RB: Ellington, Joique
WR: DT, VJax, MFloyd
TE: Graham
Flex: Miller
D/ST: Pats
K: Parkey

Bench: Ben Tate, J. Gordon, Asiata, Freeman, Crowell, Hartline

#3 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:39 PM

I drafted a league a couple weeks ago, when Graham was at 30 and the tight ends were all very low. It seems now that they've moved everyone up, including Gerhart and the rest of the TEs. Sleeper picks like Knile Davis, West, Twill, Michael have all gotten boosts now I believe

Cameron's still at 90-some last I checked...

#4 Dislimb

Dislimb

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:54 PM

RBs are waaaaaay overvalued early on.
  • AshesAndLaughter likes this
10 team, round-based keeper league (up to three players, but no more than one per position) with standard scoring (non-PPR) and 4 point passing TDs:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (k-2)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (k-1)
RB2: Justin Forsett (n/a)
WR1: Julio Jones (k-3)
WR2: Emmanuel Sanders (6)
RB/WR: Fred Jackson (9)
TE: Dwayne Allen (n/a)
D/ST: Buffalo Bills (n/a)
K: Brandon McManus (n/a)

Bench
QB: Matt Ryan (10)
RB: Trent Richardson (8), Knile Davis (11), Devonta Freeman (12)
WR: Cordarrelle Patterson (4), DeAndre Hopkins (13)
D/ST: Cincinnati Bengals (14)

#5 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

I just did my first mock, as my draft is now less than a month away and I know my draft spot. I thought there were some great values on RBs. Ball was ranked somewhere in the 20s. Spiller was even further down, in the 30s I think. Ellington was around that range, even a little lower I think. Emmanuel Sanders was ranked WAY too high. They have an absurd projection for Peyton so he's ranked near the top. I kept getting distracted at work so I didn't spend much time but I'm sure as I delve in more I will find a lot more things I can exploit. Luckily most of the people in my ESPN league are coworkers who don't follow fantasy football closely.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#6 AshesAndLaughter

AshesAndLaughter

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

ESPN rankings are straight up stupid. And I love that my main money league plays there.

Brandon Marshall at 24th overall?...in their PPR ranks? They recommend taking Mathew Stafford at pick 22 and 14 Running backs before a guy that averaged 109 catches per year with Cutler.
Julio Jones at 26th overall? PPR, really? Followed by Antonio Brown (27th) and Jordy Nelson (28th)? WTF!
Gronk ranked 49th?
Toby Gerhart 60th? The 26th ranked RB? What?

Ranked after the 10th round in 12 teamers:
Jeremy Hill
Terrance West (Ben Tate is 31st overall)
Lamar Miller
Devonta Freeman
Lance Dunbar (Ranked in the 253)
  • Dreams And Dwightmares likes this

12-team PPR; 1st in points (801.00); 1st in points against (777.9); 3-3...Fantasy Football can be so cruel.
4pt passing TDs
2 Flex Spots and no kicker:

QB: Russell Wilson
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw
RB: Shane Vereen
WR: Julio Jones
WR: Demaryius Thomas
Flex: TY Hilton
Flex: Mike Wallace
TE: Jordan Cameron
Def: Patriots

Bench:

Rashad Jennings, Jerrick McKinnon, Allen Robinson, Larry Donnell, Jonas Gray, Carlos Hyde

#7 martin r

martin r

Single-A

• Probationary Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:11 PM

I hate their rankings so much and most of the people in my league will use them just because our league is on ESPN's site. Sure a couple players are undervalued on their list and you might get a good value pick, but it just seems like it hasn't been updated in months. Although it does say it was updated on the 7th and occasionally some players move around. For example, they still have Zac Stacy going 13th overall. Just about everyone else has him going towards the end of the 2nd round now. And Montee Ball going 25th? I mean I get he hasn't really proven himself but let's be honest nobody is going to let him fall that far. Also Doug Martin in the first round? Before every wide receiver with the exception of megatron? So many questions and I'm only talking about the top 25.

I think they put too much value in some running backs over elite wide receivers. Like I said it just seems like they haven't been updating the list. Or maybe they just don't really know what they're doing I don't really know. Things get crazier as you get further down the list though. The only reason I'll even bring this list to draft day is most of the other people will use it.

Is anyone really drafting Doug Martin in the first round?

#8 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,038 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

I hate their rankings so much and most of the people in my league will use them just because our league is on ESPN's site. Sure a couple players are undervalued on their list and you might get a good value pick, but it just seems like it hasn't been updated in months. Although it does say it was updated on the 7th and occasionally some players move around. For example, they still have Zac Stacy going 13th overall. Just about everyone else has him going towards the end of the 2nd round now. And Montee Ball going 25th? I mean I get he hasn't really proven himself but let's be honest nobody is going to let him fall that far. Also Doug Martin in the first round? Before every wide receiver with the exception of megatron? So many questions and I'm only talking about the top 25.

I think they put too much value in some running backs over elite wide receivers. Like I said it just seems like they haven't been updating the list. Or maybe they just don't really know what they're doing I don't really know. Things get crazier as you get further down the list though. The only reason I'll even bring this list to draft day is most of the other people will use it.

Is anyone really drafting Doug Martin in the first round?

Nobody should ever draft him there. Their line is terrible. Do an auction live with a projector and spreadsheet. Then people have to go off their guides or numbers. Then there will be a difference in price. I hate when the same price is in front of everyone. Then everything is dictated by those prices.

Edited by Travdaddy10, 08 August 2014 - 11:18 PM.

• Maroney's Bologna likes this

#9 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,551 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:53 AM

I like their rankings because it throws off those who aren't researching before drafts. I used their rankings for my league draft. Some went off it, some didn't. The ones who didn't are the teams who typically are really into fantasy.
  • owenmills likes this
The Uncanny X-MEN

QB: Wilson
RB: Charles, Tate, Davis, Crowell
WR: Gordon, Brown, Green, Harvin, Beckham
TE: Rees
DEF: Bills
K: Parkey

"There's no strings on me"

#10 ballfan4141

ballfan4141

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:06 AM

I did most of my drafts. jimmy graham went in the first in everyone a long with calvin Johnson. the top 10 RBs are not overvalued.

#11 freeshoesuniversity

freeshoesuniversity

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

They have Robrain ranked too high. Dude is going in the first along with the likes of freeshoesuniversity. Definitely not worth the reach when you can have freeshoesuniversity - who is more consistent with more upside
  • LukeIV likes this
Toby Gerhart=bust
august 5th 2014

#12 Moonstar81

Moonstar81

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Yeah, not very good rankings. Usually I agree with Chris Harris but this year I'm not very fond of his rankings. Honestly, I think Berry has the best rankings on ESPN this year.

Cumulatively, I see a some glaring problems with ESPN's rankings.

Doug Martin at 7 is the craziest (Should be around 25-30) Zac Stacy at 11? (should be 25ish) Demaryius Thomas at 15? (should be 7th or 8th), Monte Ball at 25? (should be around 12-14) I'd take Ball and Thomas WAY before Martin and Stacy.

Dez at 18? (Should be around 11-13) Foster at 9? (with his injuries) Peyton at 8? Rodgers at 12? (should be 25ish if not 6pt per td pass) Ellington at 46? (should be around 30-35) Ben Tate at 32?

There are a lot of players they got right but far too many that they are WAY off on IMHO. Overall, I think Evan Silva and Dave/Jamey from CBS have the most solid rankings I've seen.
  • indycolts88 likes this

#13 aaaballer

aaaballer

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

we are mock drafting here tomorrow morning:
http://games.espn.go...leagueId=774424

join if you will attend the draft. we are using this league as a mock with other expert players. giving a great idea for auction values on espn's listed for all who are interested.

#14 aaaballer

aaaballer

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

where do you find values in the RBs? I noticed Ball is a great value on ESPN....but since they are all so overvalued, I would hate to end up with a horrible RB2. are there any other RB values that stand out to you after Ball?

#15 osu1322

osu1322

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

I always look for players I like that I can pick up late. Gore S Jax and MJD are ranked really low. I've been picking them up in 7th rd or later in most drafts. These are players with a great chance to start and produce rb 2 numbers.
16 team IDP league  starting line up (1QB, 2RB, 3WR 1TE 3DL, 4LB, 3DB, and 1K)
2pts per tackle, 1pt per assist, 3pts per sack, non ppr

QB Jay Cutler, Geno Smith
RB Eddie Lacy, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, Johnathan Stewart
WR Anrde Johnson, Pierre Garcon, Reggie Wayne, Andrew Hawkins, Marcus Wheaton
TE Jordan Reed, Owen Daniels
DL Cameron Wake, Carlos Dunlop, Lamarr Houston, Ezekiel Ansah, Lamarr Woodley
LB Vontze Burfict, Curtis Lofton, Mychal Kendricks, Clay Matthews,  Christian Kirksey, Navorro Bowman(in IR slot)
DB TJ Ward, Jarius Byrd, Charles Tillman, HaHa Clinton Dix, Roman Harper, Brandon Meriweather
K Kai Forbath, Conner Barth.

#16 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

Demarco is a good value on ESPN. I can get him in the 2nd round more often than not. Ellington is a great value ranked in the 40s

#17 aaaballer

aaaballer

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

Demarco is a good value on ESPN. I can get him in the 2nd round more often than not. Ellington is a great value ranked in the 40s

i noticed DeMarco is ranked above Ball (non ppr). Do you like both of them as values based on espn rankings, or do you think Demarco is the better value here?

#18 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I like them both(Demarco more). There have been some mock drafts on ESPN I can get Demarco in the 2nd and Montee in the 3rd. That's robbery. Too bad my real draft is almost a month away and they may wise up w their rankings before then.

#19 aaaballer

aaaballer

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

I like them both(Demarco more). There have been some mock drafts on ESPN I can get Demarco in the 2nd and Montee in the 3rd. That's robbery. Too bad my real draft is almost a month away and they may wise up w their rankings before then.

is this ppr or non ppr rankings?

#20 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

I'm not sure there's a difference in terms of their default rankings? I just go to the mock draft lobby and pick a mock. I never see an option for ppr vs nonppr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users