70 replies to this topic

#1 gbill2004

gbill2004

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Thoughts/projections for Heath Miller this season?
Competitive start 2 QB, 0.5 PPR, 12 team H2H deep re-draft league, all TDs = 6 pts. Roster below (starting spots in brackets):

QB (2) - Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel
RB/FLEX (2) - DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Zac Stacy, Jeremy Miller, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Knile Davis
WR (4) - Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Crabtree, Victor Cruz, TY Hilton
TE (2) - Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
K (2) - Shayne Graham, Steven Hauschka
DEF (2) - Cleveland, New Orleans
IDP (4) - Lavonte David, Jared Mayo, Alec Ogletree, Curtis Lofton

#2 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

He's a great pairing for some of the upside guys like L.Green, Z. Ertz, J. Reed, etc.

He's consistent, but unspectacular, and has mad rapport with Big Ben. He might actually get more yardage than most TEs and is now a year or so removed from his knee imploding. I honestly think he's being criminally underrated and could finish as a safe option for low-end TE1 production.

#3 gbill2004

gbill2004

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

He's a great pairing for some of the upside guys like L.Green, Z. Ertz, J. Reed, etc.

He's consistent, but unspectacular, and has mad rapport with Big Ben. He might actually get more yardage than most TEs and is now a year or so removed from his knee imploding. I honestly think he's being criminally underrated and could finish as a safe option for low-end TE1 production.

That's what I was thinking. Something along the lines of 800 yards and 6 TDs.
Competitive start 2 QB, 0.5 PPR, 12 team H2H deep re-draft league, all TDs = 6 pts. Roster below (starting spots in brackets):

QB (2) - Tony Romo, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Michael Vick, Johnny Manziel
RB/FLEX (2) - DeMarco Murray, Doug Martin, Zac Stacy, Jeremy Miller, Carlos Hyde, Mark Ingram, Knile Davis
WR (4) - Calvin Johnson, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Crabtree, Victor Cruz, TY Hilton
TE (2) - Rob Gronkowski, Martellus Bennett, Austin Seferian-Jenkins
K (2) - Shayne Graham, Steven Hauschka
DEF (2) - Cleveland, New Orleans
IDP (4) - Lavonte David, Jared Mayo, Alec Ogletree, Curtis Lofton

#4 molonLabe80

molonLabe80

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Nah he will put up 10+ tds he will be a prime redzone target. He never really was 100% last year but now he should he and he doesnt have crotchery competing for redzone i say 750~850 and 10 tds

#5 J.T. Marlin

J.T. Marlin

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:37 PM

Nah he will put up 10+ tds he will be a prime redzone target. He never really was 100% last year but now he should he and he doesnt have crotchery competing for redzone i say 750~850 and 10 tds

Yeah, just a ho hum top 3 TE season that you can get in rd 13 or 14, nothing much to see here...

#6 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

10+ TD and 750/850 yards are Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis numbers.

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson

#7 skang22

skang22

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

I love me some Heath and he's one of my value picks for TEs. I think that the Pitt oline improves and therefore their offense does too and benefits Heath. 10+ TDs is a little ambitious, but I think 5-7 is possible. I like the idea of pairing him with one of the later high upside TEs as well.
12 MAN 0.5 PPR, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR FLEX

QB - Aaron Rodgers, GB (BYE 9)
WR - Julio Jones, ATL (BYE 9)
WR - Michael Floyd, ARI (BYE 4)
WR - T.Y. Hilton, IND (BYE 10)
RB - Adrian Peterson, MIN (BYE 10)
RB - Pierre Thomas, NO (BYE 6)
TE - Charles Clay, MIA (BYE 5)
FLEX - Marques Colston, NO (BYE 6)
K - Robbie Gould, CHI (BYE 9)
DEF - Cincinatti (BYE 4)

BN - Fred Jackson, BUF (BYE 9)
BN - Jeremy Hill, CIN (BYE 4)
BN - Cecil Shorts, JAX (BYE 11)
BN - Greg Jennings, MIN (BYE 10)
BN - Ben Roethlisberger, PIT (Bye 12)
BN - Antonio Gates, SD (Bye 10)

#8 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:51 PM

10+ TD and 750/850 yards are Julius Thomas and Vernon Davis numbers.

Aside from Antonio Brown's 5'10"/186lbs frame, Markus Wheaton's 5'11"/182lbs frame, DHB's stone hands, and rookie Martavis Bryant (apparently pretty raw and has had a slow start to camp) who will get the passing TDs?

Le'Veon Bell has good hands and is 6'1", so he could absorb some receiving TDs.

Heath Miller is 6'5" and 256lbs and is only 31 years old. The guy is likely to have 5-7 TDs and could easily have 10 in the uptempo offense. His "career" season in 2012 was 71 catches on 101 targets for 816 yards and 8 TDs in 15 games (missed Week 17) and with more plays per game and a stronger run game to keep defenses honest, I could maybe put his ceiling at 1000y/12TD. The best part is he is being written off and you can have him for pennies on the dollar.

People are acting like the guy is ancient, but seem to forget that he's been there and done it many times before and seems to have a game that could translate similar to T-Gon the Conqueror (Tony Gonzalez for the uninitiated).

I'm all in on Miller as a TE to draft as either a backup to an elite TE or as a streaming partner to one of the sophomore/upside TEs. If he pans out as a top 5 option, you can trade the other guy for elite production at another spot.
  • TheCoon likes this

#9 Warno

Warno

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Stats looked nice tonight, how did he look? How many targets for him tonight?

#10 Blazer

Blazer

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Stats looked nice tonight, how did he look? How many targets for him tonight?

I watched the game, he looked good. Made some tough catches. Not sure the target count, but as WR Wheaten (sp?) dropped passes or ran the wrong routes, Miller stepped up. Based on tonight, a solid TE and RZ target.
  • Warno likes this

12 Team Standard Yahoo League w/ flex (No PPR)
QB - Tony Romo, Big Ben, Cam
RB - L. Bell, C. Sims
RB - CJ Anderson, J. Hill, C. Sims
WR - D. Thomas
WR - J. Nelson
Flex - J. Matthews, M. Bryant
TE - J. Witten, T. Kelce
K - M. Crosby
D - Green Bay, Detroit

#11 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

He's going to be overlooked because after the big names go off the board, everyone will go for the young TE's.

Right now it seems Big Ben only trusts him and Antonio Brown. The other WR haven't shown much yet. Especially early on in the season, he'll see plenty of targets.

Baseball and football are very different games. In a way, both of them are easy. Football is easy if you're crazy as hell. Baseball is easy if you've got patience. They'd both be easier for me if I were a little more crazy and a little more patient. ~ Bo Jackson

#12 Blazer

Blazer

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

He's going to be overlooked because after the big names go off the board, everyone will go for the young TE's.

Right now it seems Big Ben only trusts him and Antonio Brown. The other WR haven't shown much yet. Especially early on in the season, he'll see plenty of targets.

I agree. Miller seems to be a bit off the radar. I would definitely draft him. He showed great hands and good separation tonight.

RB - L. Bell, C. Sims
WR - D. Thomas
WR - J. Nelson
TE - J. Witten, T. Kelce
K - M. Crosby
D - Green Bay, Detroit

#13 thchango

thchango

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

I agree. Miller seems to be a bit off the radar. I would definitely draft him. He showed great hands and good separation tonight.

Semi CSB but he really fell in a recent 2 TE draft of mine. People were picking high upside unproven guys well before I picked Miller as my TE2. I really think people forgot about him after his injuries.

#14 Blazer

Blazer

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

Semi CSB but he really fell in a recent 2 TE draft of mine. People were picking high upside unproven guys well before I picked Miller as my TE2. I really think people forgot about him after his injuries.

If Miller is your TE 2 you're in good shape.

RB - L. Bell, C. Sims
WR - D. Thomas
WR - J. Nelson
TE - J. Witten, T. Kelce
K - M. Crosby
D - Green Bay, Detroit

#15 molonLabe80

molonLabe80

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'm callin it now 10+ tds before his injury in 2012 he was at 10 tds with like 3 games to go wasn't he? He will be a red zone monster and he's 100% now and with crotchety gone he will see a ton of looks

#16 Woonga24

Woonga24

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

ahead of Cameron?

#17 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

ahead of Cameron?

Without question
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#18 Rotero

Rotero

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Is he gonna take targets away from Brown?

#19 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:03 PM

Is he gonna take targets away from Brown?

I doubt that...but he probably takes targets away from Wheaton and Bryant if he picks up where he left off in 2012.

#20 Sine_cera

Sine_cera

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 6,758 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

18 TEs are gone in my current slow draft, and Miller is still there. If he makes it back to me, I might have to grab him just for the value even though I already have Rudolph.

That's ridiculous that 18 TEs have already been drafted but Miller is still there. You'll get great value picking him now.

Most owners are so focused on the new young TEs that they seem to forget that Miller was a Top 5 Fantasy TE in 2012. That year the Steelers had Wallace, Brown and Sanders on their roster. This year it's Brown and a group of young unproven WRs.

Edited by Sine_cera, 22 August 2014 - 03:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users