Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

Sparked by this likely silly tweet from (of all people) Sage Rosenfels:

Posted ImageSage Rosenfels @SageRosenfels18 · 1h

Hearing a crazy #NFL rumor. If/when confirmed, it hugely affect two franchises.

"Two franchises" would seem to imply a trade, obviously.

Just to keep in mind for the rest of this season, who are the most likely candidates to be traded either this season, or next offseason? Talking primarily offensive players, since they have the biggest effect in Fantasy Football.

Quick list off the top of my head:

WR:
-Larry Fitzgerald (salary cap concerns with his cap number in 2015 north of $20 million)
-Andre Johnson (unhappiness with a rebuild)
-Dez Bryant? (is in the final year of his contract)
-Josh Gordon
-Tavon Austin?

RB:
-CJ Spiller (this rumor has been circulating all offseason)
-Adrian Peterson (I know this might seem out there, but Norv cut LaDainian Tomlinson in 2010, and also traded away Trent Richardson last season)
-Doug Martin (new regime drafted a Matt Forte impersonator)
-Marshawn Lynch?

TE:
The Top-3 don't seem likely candidates for this conversation, Gronk is coming off significant injuries, Graham just got a new contract, and Julius Thomas wouldn't likely be traded by the Broncos while Peyton Manning is in win-now mode.

QB:
-Dalton just resigned
-Doubt the Panthers are going to give up on Cam Newton
-RGIII ... that's about the closest I could see.
-Sam Bradford? Coming off an ACL tear, and being near the end of his contract, doubtful?
-Eli Manning? Anyone wanting to trade for him would have likely done so before the offseason.
-Hoyer?

Defense:
Suh?

That's about all I've got. Any obvious ones I missed?

Edited by Robrain, 13 August 2014 - 01:44 PM.

• Travdaddy10 and That1Kid like this
2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#2 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

He's been on the Vikes radio station a lot lately. My money would be on the Vikes being one team. Speilman has shown he'll make big trades already with Jared Allen. Ap to zona for fitz.
  • Robrain likes this

#3 dafish298

dafish298

Double-A

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

Well others are saying it may be Andre Johnson to CLE, but who knows.

#4 afl5013

afl5013

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Please explain why Tavon Austin is on the list.

#5 Travdaddy10

Travdaddy10

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:55 PM

Well others are saying it may be Andre Johnson to CLE, but who knows.

Well hoyer for Andre would be big news. Manziel straight to starter and hoyer would be an improvement over Fitzpatrick.

#6 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

Torrey Holt:
Tavon Austin has been very quiet this camp. He was quiet the other night. And for a guy picked 8th, that bothers me.

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. WR - Malcom Floyd.........(14.14)
RB1: Montee Ball............(01.13)............. WR - John Brown...........(UD.FA)
RB2: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. WR - Cody Latimer.........(13.09)
WR1: Brian Quick............(14.08)............. RB - Toby Gerhart.........(02.02)
WR2: Allen Hurns............(UD.FA)............. RB - Bernard Pierce.......(07.14)
TE : Kyle Rudolph...........(06.02)............. RB - Latavius Murray......(13.12)
FLEX1: Justin Forsett.......(UD.FA)............. RB - Devonta Freeman......(09.01)
FLEX2: Steven Jackson.......(04.02)............. RB - CJ Anderson..........(09.11)

#7 afl5013

afl5013

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:01 PM

Torrey Holt:
Tavon Austin has been very quiet this camp. He was quiet the other night. And for a guy picked 8th, that bothers me.

And that means he's he's on the most likely to get traded list? Love Holt, but the Rams aren't going to trade a 1st round pick with one season under his belt because he's starting out camp slow, when they are in need of offensive weapons...

#8 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,960 posts

I just am not sure I see Fitzgerald being moved out of Arizona. Restructuring his contract, sure, but traded? Seems like the franchise player they'd want to retire there, and he's a stellar safety valve for Palmer, unless Bruce Arians wants to burn it all down this season and go into a full-on rebuild mode with WRs Michael Floyd / Josh Brown and that QB they drafted (Logan Thomas).

On the other hand, Fitzgerald's hometown is Minneapolis, Minnesota. If he gets traded anywhere, into the Norv Turner offense in his hometown makes the most sense.

#9 freeshoesuniversity

freeshoesuniversity

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Eli Manning, RGIII, Josh Gordon and Dez Bryant should be taken off that list. No chance they'd get traded.
Toby Gerhart=bust
august 5th 2014

#10 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

Torrey Holt:

And that means he's he's on the most likely to get traded list? Love Holt, but the Rams aren't going to trade a 1st round pick with one season under his belt because he's starting out camp slow, when they are in need of offensive weapons...

Neither of these trades are likely. They're just more likely than the next-thing.

We saw Trent Richardson get traded after one season, after being a top pick. It happens.

#11 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:03 PM

Eli Manning, RGIII, Josh Gordon and Dez Bryant should be taken off that list. No chance they'd get traded.

Would depend entirely on what the other team was offering.

After the Shanahan debacle with RGIII, maybe Gruden thinks Kirk Cousins best fits his system, or he gets a QB in return that he thinks fits his system better.

If a team is willing to give up a boatload for RGIII, surely the Redskins could be tempted. It's not likely, but it's at least remotely plausible.

#12 MillenWasmyFavorite

MillenWasmyFavorite

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Hoyer for Andre Johnson
12M Standard auction draft
QB: Romo
RB: Gerhart/Vereen/Gio
WR: Dez/Floyd/Wright
TE: Rudolph/Ertz
Flex: CP84/Hunter/Em. Sanders
K: Greg
D: St. Louis

10M Standard CBS (positional quotas)
QB: Carson Palmer/Ryan T-hill.
RB: Ellington/Gerhart/L. Bell/Rice
WR: Dez/Floyd/CP84/Hunter
TE: Graham/Kelce
Flex:
K: Stream
D: Stream

#13 freeshoesuniversity

freeshoesuniversity

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Would depend entirely on what the other team was offering.

After the Shanahan debacle with RGIII, maybe Gruden thinks Kirk Cousins best fits his system, or he gets a QB in return that he thinks fits his system better.

If a team is willing to give up a boatload for RGIII, surely the Redskins could be tempted. It's not likely, but it's at least remotely plausible.

There's no chance any of those guys would get traded
Toby Gerhart=bust
august 5th 2014

#14 afl5013

afl5013

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:06 PM

Torrey Holt:

Neither of these trades are likely. They're just more likely than the next-thing.

We saw Trent Richardson get traded after one season, after being a top pick. It happens.

I think you're reaching pretty bad on that one. The Trent Richardson trade happens once in a blue moon, not once a year.

A few more on the list I disagree with, but overall you got everyone that came to mind (Spiller, Andre, Suh, Fitz).

#15 ss3walkman

ss3walkman

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:10 PM

Everyone seems to think its Hoyer for AJ
THE UNIT

QB: Brady
RB: McCoy, Forte
WR: Gordon, Brown, Patterson, Cooks, Hunter
TE: Rudolph, Ertz
DEF: Rams
K: Bryant

"The shadows betray you because they belong to me"

#16 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,817 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

http://fansided.com/2014/08/13/brian-hoyer-trade-rumors-mike-pettine-shoots-talk-browns-dealing-qb/#!bCP3Ek
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, Trent Richardson,
DeAngelo Williams, Stepfan Taylor
WR: Pierre Garçon, Larry Fitzgerald, Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans
TE: Vernon Davis,
Antonio Gates
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft)

QB: Nick Foles, Kirk Cousins
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Fred Jackson*, Terrance West
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, Cordarelle Patterson, Josh Gordon*
Flex: Percy Harvin
TE: Niles Paul
DEF: Lions D/ST
K: Parkey

#17 Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,607 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:27 PM

Aren't those based on a fake Schefter account???
  • Robrain likes this
"Give me a break, I'm a product of divorce!"

#18 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 8,960 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

Aren't those based on a fake Schefter account???

I'm 90% sure the answer to that is yes.

#19 Winky

Winky

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,371 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Torrey Holt:

I think you're reaching pretty bad on that one. The Trent Richardson trade happens once in a blue moon, not once a year.

A few more on the list I disagree with, but overall you got everyone that came to mind (Spiller, Andre, Suh, Fitz).

Blue moons happen once every 2.7145 years according to Google... B)
This post is rated "G".

#20 zapatross

zapatross

Triple-A

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Anyone think this could involve Mallett for Andre? I feel like the Browns are unlikely to get rid of Hoyer even if they want JFF to start.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users