35 replies to this topic

#21 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

If Diego Costa's hamstring holds up, Chelsea will have the league wrapped up before the winter break.

The common theme in all these wins is how they raise their level of play in the 2nd half. At best, they are unstoppable...at worst, in complete control. A guy like Hazard alone can do so much damage against tired defenders in the last 25 minutes.

They play Man City on the road next week, a must win game for City after they dropped points yet again today.
  • Code of Hammurabi likes this
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#22 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

And Liverpool go down 0-1 to Villa.

Chelsea already leading City, Liverpool, Arsenal & Man Utd by 5, 6 and 7 pts respectively. Knowing that others are bound to drop points at some stage (just how it goes in the Premier League) it's really hard to imagine them losing this lead.

Edited by predator_05, 13 September 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#23 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,252 posts
  • Interests:Stocks, fantasy sports and Real Estate investment....

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:45 AM

Shocking to see Lampard come on to score that goal against my blues. He refusal to celebrate on the pitch is one of the all time moments of class in the epl's history. You can't script this kind of stuff.
  • predator_05 likes this
EMBODYING & ADVOCATING FRIENDLY PHILOSOPHY SINCE 1978

#24 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:04 PM

Ironically it was the kind of goal that Lampard has scored a hundred times in his career for Chelsea. Getting on the end of a pass after a perfectly timed 'ghost' run into the box. You would think they would have been prepared for something like that after going up against him in practice all these years.

That was a terrific game though, only somewhat worsened by the yellow card getting Zabaleta sent off but we still had a great finish to the game. i guess that's another advantage of having Costa on your team; the guy always provokes others into doing stupid things.

btw, draftkings has EPL games now!!

#25 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:54 PM

Chelsea and Man City now both in mid season form. Both looked outstanding today.

Aguero put on a clinic. 4 goals. wow!

#26 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 05:15 PM

Same old, same old in the PL.

Diego Costa out for 3 weeks is the big news, but Chelsea seem to win without getting out of 2nd gear so the impact probably isn't as big as one would expected. He got them off to a flying start, and that's set up their season already. Chelsea get Man Utd and Liverpool in 2 of the next 3 weeks (not to mention the 2 big champions league games in between)...they can afford a draw or a loss at this point, enough cushion at the top of the table. 

Biggest surprise of the week (and the season, i guess) was Southampton's 8-0 win...this team looks the real deal, which is interesting since most people expected them to go backwards after they changed coaches.

#27 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:10 PM

Remy injured in today's Champions League game.

Chelsea down to 1 striker, Drogba. Wonder how this changes things

#28 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:33 PM

Chelsea in bad shape up front with a Match looming at Old Trafford on Sunday. I wouldnt be surprised to see very conservative football from the blues to try to secure a point. Drogba isnt a lock to play this weekend either and is battling match fitness issues. My guess Schurrle would get the nod upfront if Drogba cant go. Chelsea will need Costa back as soon as possible to maintain there attacking prowess. Luckily Man City have a tough road test tomorrow at Upton Park against West Ham United. I wouldnt be surprised to see the Hammers give them a good contest.......

#29 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:18 AM

There you go CoH, city lose at west ham!

Btw, not premier league related but Real Madrid vs Barcelona kicks off in 45 minutes...can't miss this.

#30 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just got back from watching El Classico. Real Looked simply outstanding. They dominated for the rest of the match after Neymar's opening goal. They were very impressive at the back and limited and frustrated Messi all game...Color me impressed.

Btw, not premier league related but Real Madrid vs Barcelona kicks off in 45 minutes...can't miss this.

#31 Timmah!

Timmah!

All-Time Great

• Moderators
  • 11,201 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

Just got back from watching El Classico. Real Looked simply outstanding. They dominated for the rest of the match after Neymar's opening goal. They were very impressive at the back and limited and frustrated Messi all game...Color me impressed.

Isco was a fiend. My MOTM.

SoB Tifo ~ AD FINEM FIDELIS ~ Bearfight Brigade

"Oh, you can't scare me, I'm stickin' to the Union!"

#32 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:34 PM

City come up big in the Derby after a sending off. Man U still struggling to find form in this new regime. Im starting to wonder if its going to happen for them this year. As always though, the season is so so long....Chelsea get goals from Hazard and Oscar with the latter being a real masterpiece of a strike. Arguably goal of the campaign thus far. Big game next Sunday for the Blues against the Reds at Anfield. Chelsea always struggle on that pitch...

#33 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:20 PM

City come up big in the Derby after a sending off. Man U still struggling to find form in this new regime. Im starting to wonder if its going to happen for them this year. As always though, the season is so so long....Chelsea get goals from Hazard and Oscar with the latter being a real masterpiece of a strike. Arguably goal of the campaign thus far. Big game next Sunday for the Blues against the Reds at Anfield. Chelsea always struggle on that pitch...

You think so?

Mourinho has only lost one game to Liverpool in Anfield (in 07). He also lost a Champions League semi-final there in 05, but that's not really relevant, he has won 7 of 9 against Liverpool in the Premier League. The best of them being last year's 0-2 win there with a second string lineup... :)

I'd imagine liverpool will be hyped up for this one, eager to get revenge against Chelsea for killing their title challenge last year.

Their defense still sucks though. And if i had my choice of all the coaches in the world to lead my team in a big game, Mourinho would be my guy.

#34 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

A nice drubbing of Tottenham by Chelsea. Business as usual these days, 

#35 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 06 December 2014 - 09:30 PM

Well, i guess a loss was well over-due, and i'm not surprised that it came at Newcastle - a team that has a decent record against Mourinho's Chelsea. That said, it wasn't a bad game by Chelsea; they were unlucky and on another day, the result could have been different. It feels like a one-off.

BTW, what a turnaround its been for Newcastle - their manager Alan Pardew was absolutely despised by their fans at the start of the season, they started a huge campaign to get him fired and now they are currently 7th and within 2-3 pts of a Champions League spot.

Man City have now pulled to within 3, but at a pretty heavy cost as Sergio Aguero messed up his knee: http://www.bbc.com/s...otball/30363516

That's a huge loss for them, he has been an absolute stud this year.

#36 Code of Hammurabi

Code of Hammurabi

All-Time Great

• Established Members
  • 14,252 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Bad loss by Chelsea this week. I am starting to get concerned about the defense. It hasnt been quite as good as the trademark Mourinho teams of the past. Neither of those 2 goals by Cisse were particularly impressive or awe inspiring. I do like the fact that we got to see Drogba and Costa together. I think this is probably Chelsea's best, most powerful offensive lineup, at least until they secure another quality striker up front (presumably in January). The Aguero loss could be devastating for City considering the other injury woes they have at the moment. Nonetheless, luckily for City, they are in the cupcake portion of their schedule. They really dont face another quality foe until a rematch with Everton on January 10th. Meanwhile the Blues get West Ham, Southampton and Tottenham back to back to back in late December. Chelsea will need to be in top form to stay at the top.............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users