#1 ToO_BaD

ToO_BaD

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,256 posts
  • Interests:SF GIANTS, Niners, Warriors

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

I have a few questions about this. I want to get it on my iPad. What app do I get in the app store? As a Comcast user, can I use this? Do I just sign into the app with the account username and password?
RW Mock Draft Real League: 14-team, 0.5 PPR, 6pt all TDs. 8-4, 2nd place.

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Matt Forte, C.J. Anderson,
DeAngelo Williams
WR: T.Y. Hilton, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald, Allen Robinson
W/R/T: Trent Richardson, Pierre Garcon
TE: Antonio Gates,
Vernon Davis
DEF: Denver D/ST
K: Stephen Gostkowski

Any Given Pick League (Friends): 11-team non-PPR, Running point total, 10pt all TDs, 10 point bonus at 100 yds rush/rec or 300 yards passing, Can keep up to three players drafted 9th round or later for 4 years after draft (* = keepers prior to draft) 1826.16 points, 1st place.

QB: Mark Sanchez, Hoyer
RB: Eddie Lacy, Arian Foster, Lamar Miller, Isaiah Crowell, Juwan Thompson
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Julio Jones*, ODB, Alshon Jeffery
Flex: FREED JOSH GORDON
TE: Mychal Rivera
DEF: Philly D/ST
K: Parkey

#2 Unbreakable

Unbreakable

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:04 AM

I would think so, but make sure you have the package for RedZone.
10 Team 0.5 PPR 6 PTS All TDs
QB- Andrew Luck, RB- Ben Tate , RB- Gio Bernard, WR- Julio Jones, WR- Andre Johnson, FLEX- Vincent Jackson, FLEX- Mike Wallace , TE- Antonio Gates , K- Dan Bailey, Lions D
Bench: Ben Roethlisberger, Steven Jackson, Rueben Randle, Andre Williams, Anquan Boldin, Jason Witten, Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson

10 Team NON PPR 6 PTS ALL TDS
QB- Matthew Stafford, RB- Arian Foster, RB- Andre Ellington , WR- Dez Bryant, WR-Mike Wallace , FLEX- Chris Ivory , FLEX- Roddy White, TE- Delanie Walker, K- Dan Bailey, Bills D
Bench: Bishop Sankey, Jeremy Hill, , Torrey Smith, Josh Gordon, Doug Martin

#3 93_Confirmed

93_Confirmed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:19 AM

If you have Redzone through your current Comcast package, you should be able to view it through the Comcast App. I believe you have to be connected through Wifi.

Side note, I changed over from Optimum to Verizon and am getting hosed. In order to get Redzone this year, I have to upgrade to a more expensive cable plan ($15/month increase) AND pay $79.99 for just the RZ channel. So that's $130 to get Redzone for 4-5 months. So mad! :angry:

Yes, I'm going to pay it because Redzone is the greatest thing to every happen for fantasy football players. Once you go Redzone...

Josh Gordon Thread - 9/10/14 "Never Forget"

Earned 3 Warning Points

Served 2 Week Rotoworld Suspension 9/10/14 - 9/24/14

#4 Jay85

Jay85

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

If you have Redzone through your current Comcast package, you should be able to view it through the Comcast App. I believe you have to be connected through Wifi.

Side note, I changed over from Optimum to Verizon and am getting hosed. In order to get Redzone this year, I have to upgrade to a more expensive cable plan ($15/month increase) AND pay $79.99 for just the RZ channel. So that's $130 to get Redzone for 4-5 months. So mad! :angry:

Yes, I'm going to pay it because Redzone is the greatest thing to every happen for fantasy football players. Once you go Redzone...

Fios Redzone is $59.99 regardless.

TEAM A - 10 team H2H - 6pt Td League - Record 6-2
QB - Andrew Luck WR - Mike Wallace, Brandon Marshall
RB - Jamaal Charles, Fred Jackson TE - Coby Fleener
W/T - Sammy Watkins W/R - JOnes Gray K - Justin Tucker DEF - Green Bay Packers 
BN - Mychal Rivera, Charles Sims, Knile Davis, Matt Asiata, Allen Hurns, Andrew Hawkins 

TEAM B - 12 Team H2H - 4pt Passing Td League - Record 4-4

QB - Jay Cutler WR - Odell Beckman Jr, Dez Bryant
RB - Jamaal Charles & Eddie Lacy TE - Mychal Rivera
W/T - Jones Gray  W/R - Isiah Crowell Jr  K - Matt Bryant  DEF - Kansas City/ St Louis

BN - Charles Sims, Martavis Bryant, Ronnie Hillman, Knile Davis, Andy Dalton 

#5 csrulz16

csrulz16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

CONcast customers will not be able to watch RedZone on a mobile app.

#6 93_Confirmed

93_Confirmed

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

I have FiOS and the website and customer service rep quoted the "early bird" as $69.99. They take $10 off of the $79.99 if you order prior to the first game of the season.
http://www.verizon.c...1011_1740989116

Josh Gordon Thread - 9/10/14 "Never Forget"

Earned 3 Warning Points

Served 2 Week Rotoworld Suspension 9/10/14 - 9/24/14

#7 FFCollusion

FFCollusion

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

Holy sheet. It only cost $10 on Comcast.
As for the APP, I was under the belief it was only available for Verizon customers?
I do it for the likes...

#8 Dreams And Dwightmares

Dreams And Dwightmares

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:16 AM

Since there are 2 Monday Night games tonight, will Redzone be up or is it only up on Sundays?

2014 represents the year I go back to back champion for the first time in my FF career.

#9 TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Since there are 2 Monday Night games tonight, will Redzone be up or is it only up on Sundays?

Sundays - if you get Sunday Ticket you'll have the Buffalo game if you are from an out of market area. Otherwise you are SOL.

• Dreams And Dwightmares likes this

12 Team Standard League (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,FLEX,D,K)

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III

RB: Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Smith Sr., Percy Harvin, Andre Johnson, Davante Adams
TE: Greg Olsen
D: Stream
K: Brandon McManus

12 Team PPR (0.5) (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,FLEX,D,K)

QB: Tom Brady, Jay Cutler
RB: Alfred Morris, Rashad Jennings, Andre Williams, Mark Ingram, Theo Riddick
WR: Antonio Brown, Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Kelvin Benjamin, Davante Adams, Martavis Bryant
TE: Julius Thomas

#10 CFN

CFN

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

Can't live without RedZone

#11 Kobe_No_Means_No

Kobe_No_Means_No

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

There are different versions of RedZone channels provided by different providers. They're all called Redzone channel but each is independent of one another. I'm only familiar with DirecTV and Comcast so here is what I know.  

DirecTV's Redzone channel is hosted by Andrew Siciliano. He is very good. Compared to Comcast's Redzone channel, hosted by Scott Hanson, DirecTV's Redzone is way better. The cut scenes, the host, play rewinds, everything is way better on DirecTV. DirecTV's Redzone channel also works with mobile apps and web-viewing. However, DirecTV forces you to purchase the entire Sunday Ticket package in order to get the Redzone channel (when in fact I'm guessing 95% of the people only want the Redzone channel), so as a result DirecTV's Redzone channel is $$$$$$$$.

Comcast's Redzone channel is very cheap. They allow you to get just the Redzone channel (I think packaged in a sports package that's something like $10 a month.) So you can just subscribe to the sports package during the NFL regular season for a few months and then cancel. But like I said, the quality is much worse. I don't really mind that much, I think the $$ saved is well worth it.  I'm currently on Comcast.  

I'm not sure if you can watch Comcast's Redzone through the Comcast App. What I do is I have a Slingbox connected to my TV and that allows me to watch it anywhere. If you're a sports fan I highly recommend getting a (or several) Slingbox for your home.

Edited by Kobe_No_Means_No, 24 November 2014 - 12:05 PM.

#12 Hawkeye21

Hawkeye21

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

That's odd, I have a friend that has DirecTV and he told me that their Redzone version wasn't that great and that he prefer Scott Hanson.  I have never seen DirecTV's version so I can't compare.  I have Dish and my Redzone channel has Scott Hanson.  My wife and I love this channel and have it on all day on Sunday.

12 team .5 ppr auction league. Starters QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,Flex,K and D

QB  Andrew Luck
RB  Ben Tate, Jerick McKinnon, Jeremy Hill, Darren McFadden, Bishop Sankey
WR  A.J. Green, Brandon Marshall, Pierre Garcon, Emmanuel Sanders, Jordan Matthews, Odell Beckham
TE   Vernon Davis, Antonio Gates
K     Justin Tucker
Def  Dolphins

#13 TheDoctor

TheDoctor

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

I actually prefer Scott Hanson, but that's just me. 

12 Team Standard League (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,WR,TE,FLEX,D,K)

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin III

RB: Eddie Lacy, Mark Ingram, Adrian Peterson, Ryan Mathews
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Steve Smith Sr., Percy Harvin, Andre Johnson, Davante Adams
TE: Greg Olsen

12 Team PPR (0.5) (QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,TE,FLEX,D,K)

QB: Tom Brady, Jay Cutler
RB: Alfred Morris, Rashad Jennings, Andre Williams, Mark Ingram, Theo Riddick
WR: Antonio Brown, Percy Harvin, Cordarelle Patterson, Kelvin Benjamin, Davante Adams, Martavis Bryant
TE: Julius Thomas

#14 BBOY

BBOY

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:01 PM

Never saw Direct TV's version of Redzone but I know I can't Redzone on my samsung galaxy s4 cell phone with Fios live TV.

However...I can get Redzone on my Computer and on my TAB 4 pro tablet and yes they both have to be on Wifi.

Problem with Redzone this year especially is that they aren't staying with the less popular games long enough even if they are in "the redzone".

They are like a bonified replay channel...they used to switch much better. Most of the touchdowns they show now already happened...even when it's only one a time...because they stay with the popular teams way too long.

Edited by BBOY, 24 November 2014 - 01:02 PM.

10 Team Standard non-ppr QB, WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,WRT,K,DEF 7 Bench slots No IR

QB: Drew Brees

WR: Antonio Brown

WR: Josh Gordon
WR: Odell Beckham Jr

RB: Ryan Matthews

RB: Rashard Jennings

TE: Rob Gronkowski

WRT: Jeremy Maclin

K: Cody Parkey

DEF: Seattle Defense 

BN RB: J Mckinnon, D Herron, L Murray, Denard Robinson (Wr/Rb)

BN WR: Golden Tate,  Mohammed Sanu

BN QB: Tony Romo

#15 Iron-cock

Iron-cock

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,302 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:19 PM

I would take Scott Hanson over anyone else doing that. The guy is excellent.
  • bdsparty32 and CFN like this

#16 predator_05

predator_05

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:24 PM

Redzone is miles better than it's crappy directTV equivalent Redzone Channel.

RZC shows you meaningless plays, has slower transition between games and doesn't show events in real time. DirectTV in general is a load of ****.

Get an xfinity package from comcast, pay the extra $5 and get Redzone...

• bdsparty32 and CFN like this
"I've eaten burritos bigger than you."

- JJ Watt to Ray Rice (10/23/2012)

#17 Krustyburger

Krustyburger

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Scott Hanson is an excellent anchor and a sound man
  • CFN likes this
Aaron Rodgers QB
Denard Robinson RB
Charles Sims RB
Percy Harvin WR
Steve Smith WR
Hakeen Nicks WR
Rob Gronkowski TE
Niles Davis RB

Steve Gotskowski K
Ravens D
-------------------
Ryan Tannehill QB
Ben Tate RB
Davante Adams WR
Chris Johnson RB
Le'veon Bell RB
Miami D
------------------------------------
Record 7&4 Standard 12 team league, non ppr

#18 hines

hines

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

I've seen both and the Hanson version blows the Siciliano version out of the water. More plays, quick cuts and way more excitement and energy from the host

• bdsparty32 likes this

#19 Kobe_No_Means_No

Kobe_No_Means_No

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

I've seen both and the Hanson version blows the Siciliano version out of the water. More plays, quick cuts and way more excitement and energy from the host

Are you serious? I understand this is all personal opinions, but I find it shocking that you'd find Comcast's Redzone superior to DirecTV's. 

Hanson seems like a nice guy, but Siciliano talks faster, analyzes quicker and just seems smarter (to me.) Hanson doesn't say much (because he doesn't have much to say) between cuts and because Comcast doesn't switch between games all that much, he's really not that important. I don't really care about the host, but I find it strange that anybody would say Hanson's a better host than Siciliano (especially saying he 'blows the Sic version out of the water') since I've had Redzone on both services for several years.    

And there's no way you can possibly say the cuts are better on Comcast. Take yesterday for example, I can remember quite a few times when Hanson said "here's a play rewind" only to cut into some random image and then apologize for not being able to pull up the rewind. Overall, Comcast's Redzone doesn't switch around from game to game as much, and sticks with whichever "games of the week" for too long. Yesterday it was the Lions vs Patriots (zzzzzz...). And for fantasy purposes we really prefer a good balance of all the games. 

Oh yeah, it also annoys me that Comcast always shows 2 seconds of commercial (this will happen about 20 times throughout the afternoon) and then it'll finally cut into another game and Hanson will say "here at Redzone we don't show commercials..." It wasn't annoying the first 50 times I heard it, but it starts to get annoying after that.  

Edited by Kobe_No_Means_No, 24 November 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#20 bdsparty32

bdsparty32

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

Are you serious? I understand this is all personal opinions, but I find it shocking that you'd find Comcast's Redzone superior to DirecTV's. 

Hanson seems like a nice guy, but Siciliano talks faster, analyzes quicker and just seems smarter (to me.) Hanson doesn't say much (because he doesn't have much to say) between cuts and because Comcast doesn't switch between games all that much, he's really not that important. I don't really care about the host, but I find it strange that anybody would say Hanson's a better host than Siciliano (especially saying he 'blows the Sic version out of the water') since I've had Redzone on both services for several years.    

And there's no way you can possibly say the cuts are better on Comcast. Take yesterday for example, I can remember quite a few times when Hanson said "here's a play rewind" only to cut into some random image and then apologize for not being able to pull up the rewind. Overall, Comcast's Redzone doesn't switch around from game to game as much, and sticks with whichever "games of the week" for too long. Yesterday it was the Lions vs Patriots (zzzzzz...). And for fantasy purposes we really prefer a good balance of all the games. 

Oh yeah, it also annoys me that Comcast always shows 2 seconds of commercial (this will happen about 20 times throughout the afternoon) and then it'll finally cut into another game and Hanson will say "here at Redzone we don't show commercials..." It wasn't annoying the first 50 times I heard it, but it starts to get annoying after that.  

grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg

• Kobe_No_Means_No and AshesAndLaughter like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users