#1 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:39 PM

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

Indeed. Dwyer doesn't need to run. He'll be surgically grafted onto the back of Jerome Bettis. The monster that takes the field will be indomitable.

2014 Rotoworld Mock Draft Real League - 14-Team 0.5 PPR + ALL TDs = 6PTs:

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

#2 nb009

nb009

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Is anyone targetting this guy?

For some reason, I've always been high on him (relative to everyone else), even though he's fallen flat on his face more times than not. However, in Arizona, his situation reminds me a little bit of the Daryl Richardson/Zac Stacy situation of last year. You have an undersized, unproven, average talent RB (Ellington, Richardson) building off of a strong campaign, albeit limited sample size. People went into the next FF year expecting that RB to assume that same production over a larger sample size, only to find out that that RB could not carry a full load and is less effective after teams have had a full off-season to review tape.

There are a few differences with this comparison, however:
1. Dwyer has a history with Arian, whereas Stacy was a rookie with no history with Fisher
2. Ellington seems like a more dynamic/talented player than Richardson.
3. Dwyer has had his chances to prove himself, whereas Stacy was an unknown commodity who had already generated hype prior to the season.

Obviously, Dwyer will go undrafted in a majority of leagues outside of the very deep ones. I just don't fully trust Ellington, and thus, feel that Dwyer is a strong super sleeper candidate.

Edited by nb009, 28 August 2014 - 11:34 AM.

14 team, Standard league, Auction draft / waivers

#3 gordo4s

gordo4s

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

I agree with exactly how you're looking at it, but in 12 team leagues I think it's just a situation to monitor.

12 Team Auction Keeper - 6 point passing TDs, 0 ppr

QB: Drew Brees, Russell Wilson
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Robert Turbin
RB: Joique Bell
FLEX: Ronnie Hillman, Jeremy Hill, Lorenzo Taliaferro
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Jordan Mathews, Davante Adams, Cecil Shorts
TE: Martellus Bennett, Kyle Rudolph
DST: Browns
K: Cody Parkey

#4 CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

isn't he the "goal line back"?

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said running back Jonathan Dwyer, who got a goal-line touchdown run Saturday against the Vikings, is "exactly" what the team anticipated when it signed him, reports ESPN.com. "Jon can bounce it outside; he has deceptive speed for a big man," Arians said.

Although Stepfan Taylor has been running ahead of Jonathan Dwyer in training camp,Cardinals coach Bruce Arians said the running backs are not competing for the backup role behind Andre Ellington. Instead, Arians plans to use each back based on his strengths.
"We have all the confidence in the world in Stepfan and Jonathan," Arians said. "Jonathan had a big, long run (Tuesday) and Stef did an unbelievable job in pass protection. It’s an ongoing thing, and we’ll use them both.
"We won’t really have a two and a three. They’ll have roles and go into games with roles so everybody knows exactly what to expect. And when your number’s called to increase your role, you better be ready."

Saturday was the Cardinals’ Fan Fest, which meant live hitting, and the Cardinals ran a goal-line drill at the end of practice. Jonathan Dwyer looked good throughout practice, running in a couple touchdowns, including on a pretty sweep to the right.

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast, 28 August 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#5 Div1726

Div1726

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

Is anyone targetting this guy?

For some reason, I've always been high on him (relative to everyone else), even though he's fallen flat on his face more times than not. However, in Arizona, his situation reminds me a little bit of the Daryl Richardson/Zac Stacy situation of last year. You have an undersized, unproven, average talent RB (Ellington, Richardson) building off of a strong campaign, albeit limited sample size. People went into the next FF year expecting that RB to assume that same production over a larger sample size, only to find out that that RB could not carry a full load and is less effective after teams have had a full off-season to review tape.

There are a few differences with this comparison, however:
1. Dwyer has a history with Arian, whereas Stacy was a rookie with no history with Fisher
2. Ellington seems like a more dynamic/talented player than Richardson.
3. Dwyer has had his chances to prove himself, whereas Stacy was an unknown commodity who had already generated hype prior to the season.

Obviously, Dwyer will go undrafted in a majority of leagues outside of the very deep ones. I just don't fully trust Ellington, and thus, feel that Dwyer is a strong super sleeper candidate.

Either Taylor or Dwyer should probably be drafted; this team and Minnesota is where an injury could really work out for an owner, because the handcuffs aren't getting drafted. In real deep leagues where 75+ RB are being selected, these are good flyers.

I'm not a big fan of Dwyer as a player from his Pittsburgh run; I think he makes a lot of mental errors. It is possible he can improve that, but I think he's barely NFL caliber. I know much less about Taylor as I haven't had a chance to watch him play in the NFL at all.
<p>2014 FF - PPR 12 team. 11/03/14 (5-4, 10th overall in points, 11th in points against)QB: Russell WilsonRB: Jonas Gray, Ryan Mathews: A.J. Green, Josh Gordon, FLEX Michael CrabtreeTE: Jimmy Graham; K: Caleb Sturgis D/ST: PackersBench: Toby Gerhart, Pierre Thomas, Ronnie Hillman Vincent Jackson James Jones, Scott Chandler, Ravens2014 FF 2 - PPR 2 QB 14 team. 11/03/14 (4-5, 1st overall in points and PA)QB: Andrew Luck, Matthew StaffordRB:  Ahmad Bradshaw, Ben TateWR: Dez Bryant, Mike EvansTE: Rob Gronkowski; K: Cody Parkey; D/ST: BengalsBench: Percy Harvin, Terrance Williams, Benny Cunningham, Theo Riddick, Doug Baldwin, Dan Bailey, Miles AustinBench: Heath Miller, Dolphins

#6 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I was really high on him when he came out of GT. I thought he'd do great in Pittsburgh. Now I just think he's fat
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#7 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hmm.

#8 jdizzle

jdizzle

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:35 PM

fat tub of lard

#9 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:45 PM

I think he's actually slimmed down

#10 JahNatrulz

JahNatrulz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:17 AM

if Elli cant go?

QB1 M. Stafford -> R. Wilson
QBB R. Fitzpatrick -> M. Sanchez

WR1 A. Green -> J. Gordon
WR2 A. Brown -> J. Nelson
WR3 K. Allen -> J. Matthews
WRB R. White ->  A. Brown

RB1 K. Moreno -> F. Gore

RB2 L. McCoy -> E. Lacy 
RBB L. Bell, D. Brown -> F. Jackson, J. Randle, C. Sims

FLEX Z. Stacy -> J. McKinnon 
TE1 D. Walker -> J. Reed
TEB D. Pitta -> K. Rudolph
K S. Hauschka -> A. Vinatieri 
D/ST Buffalo -> Detroit

"Trying to become Fantasy Dynasty"

2012 & 2013 CHAMPION-> 2014 Begins

#11 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:23 AM

Bonus: Jonathan Dwyer excels at pass protection.

_____STARTING LINEUP_______________.............._____BENCH_______________________
QB : Matthew Stafford.......(03.13)............. RB - Adrian Peterson......(01.03)
WR1: Malcom Floyd...........(14.14)............. RB - Matt Asiata..........(UD.FA)
WR2: Eddie Royal............(UD.FA)............. RB - Juwan Thompson.......(16.12)
RB1: Arian Foster...........(01.11)............. RB - Damien Williams......(16.10)
RB2: Eddie Lacy.............(01.05)............. RB - LaMichael James......(UD.FA)
FLEX1: RB Branden Oliver....(UD.FA)............. TE - Austin Sef-Jenkins...(UD.FA)
FLEX2: RB Steven Jackson....(04.02)............. WR - Donte Moncrief.......(UD.FA)
TE : Travis Kelce...........(15.12)............. WR/IR Marquess Wilson.....(UD.FA)

#12 Doctor L

Doctor L

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

4.2 YPC career, injury-prone RB ahead of him, he might have some flex value in weeks that Ellington misses.

Edited by Doctor L, 05 September 2014 - 12:37 AM.

#13 Robrain

Robrain

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

Arians loves himself a feature back.

#14 owenmills

owenmills

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

Fatty might actually be a decent start if Ellington is out.
I have 2 warning points. How many until I get a prize?

#15 Doctor L

Doctor L

On the Ballot

• Banned
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

His YPC is better than Trent Richardson's could ever dream of being. 4.2 career. He isn't that bad.

#16 Mack's Ghost

Mack's Ghost

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

Easy Week 1 add. Ellington continues to prove his injury prone label correct.
Team 1 - 10 Team NonSnake Yardage Bonus/Return Yardage
QB - Eli Manning/ Russell WIlson
WR - Jordy Nelson, Steve Smith (CAR), Danny Amendola/ Leonard Hankerson, Andrew Hawkins
RB - DeAngolo WIlliams, Darren Sproles/ Jacquizz Rodgers, Daryl RIchardson, Chris Johnson,
TE - Rob Gronkowski Dennis Pitta.
Flex - Martellus Bennett
K -Greg Zuerlein, Justin Tucker
DEF - Miami

Team 2 12 Team Snake Yardage bonus
QB- Cam Newton/ Josh Freeman
WR -Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, Brandon LaFell
RB - Adrian Peterson, Darren Sproles/ Fred Jackson,Toby Gerhart, Kevin Smith, Andre Brown
TE- Martellus Bennett/
Flex - Dennis Pitta
K - Greg Zuerlein
DEF - Houston
IDP - D'Qwell Jackson

#17 dinhead

dinhead

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

If he can make Mendenhall a decent back i am sure he can do the same with Dwyer.

#18 battle2heaven

battle2heaven

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • 2,578 posts

Everyone, let's sing it.

We didn't start the Dwyer, It was already burning since the world was turning....
  • LIONS FAN-dsn, Ragnaroker, Iron-cock and 1 other like this

12 Team .5 PPR

QB Andrew Luck
WR AJ Green
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Julio Jones
RB Rashad Jennings
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
TE Travis Kelce
FLX Kelvin Benjamin

Bench
Justin Hunter/Allen Robinson/John Brown
Adrian Peterson/Carlos Hyde/Charles Sims

#19 munygon2

munygon2

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:29 AM

Would he be in a RBBC with Taylor? He never looked all that great at the Steelers, why would he be different playing for Arizona?

#20 oswald737

oswald737

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:32 AM

Need to be in a reallllly deep league add Dwyer even if you owned Ellington. This is clearly not a situation when Dwyer steps in and plays a ton. You're talking about a RM leading a committee of bad running backs behind a poor offensive line.

I guess as a flyer or a 14+ teamer, but definitely not over guys like J. White, etc where there is still some potential for major upside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users