27 replies to this topic

#1 Shabba Rankz

Shabba Rankz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:02 AM

3 catches 58 yards and caught 2 of Carr's 3 Td's vs Seattle last night. Could be a sleeper with Carr under center only concern is his place on the depth chart. Is he behind Jones Holmes and Streater?
  • LeeVanCleef likes this

#2 Armalite

Armalite

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

It'll be interesting to see who emerges as the clear number 1, I think D Moore is more of the deep threat, Holmes and Jones are the red zone threats.

Last year Denarius was the number 1 at the start and then Holmes emerged. Jones throws a crux into the thing.
20 TEAM PPR IDP LEAGUE, Sex Grossman's Cannon
QB) Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, Robert Griffin III
RB) Eddie Lacy, Shonn Greene, Bernard Pierce, Ronnie Hillman, Jerrick McKinnon, Lorenzo Taliaferro
WR) Keenan Allen, Torrey Smith, Roddy White, Davante Adams
TE) Jordan Cameron, Larry Donell
K) Blair Walsh
DEF) Houston Texans
DB) Harrison Smith
DL) Marcell Dareus
LB) Paul Worrilow

#3 Armalite

Armalite

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,320 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Personally I'd rather have Jones or Holmes really late as Schaub and Carr don't have cannon arms.
20 TEAM PPR IDP LEAGUE, Sex Grossman's Cannon
QB) Joe Flacco, Blake Bortles, Robert Griffin III
RB) Eddie Lacy, Shonn Greene, Bernard Pierce, Ronnie Hillman, Jerrick McKinnon, Lorenzo Taliaferro
WR) Keenan Allen, Torrey Smith, Roddy White, Davante Adams
TE) Jordan Cameron, Larry Donell
K) Blair Walsh
DEF) Houston Texans
DB) Harrison Smith
DL) Marcell Dareus
LB) Paul Worrilow

#4 CooL

CooL

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:35 AM

Isn't Holmes running as the #4 or 5 WR?

I think hard to predict any of the Oakland WRs. But a WR1 on a bad team is valuable no matter who is throwing the ball, so it will be interesting to see who gets the targets.

#5 Aaron Hernandez

Aaron Hernandez

Rookie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

Have they announced who there starting WRs will be ?

#6 Shabba Rankz

Shabba Rankz

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:04 AM

Have they announced who there starting WRs will be ?

No but this is the official depth chart as of 8/25. I expect this to change especially with Jones behind Holmes.

http://www.raiders.c...epth-chart.html

#7 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

Personally I'd rather have Jones or Holmes really late as Schaub and Carr don't have cannon arms.

Carr not have cannon?

Posted Image
  • kobe24, pdizzle710, Shabba Rankz and 1 other like this

(12:56) T.Richardson up the middle to 50 for -5 yards (W.Mercilus). :)  :)  :) 

#8 Aaron Hernandez

Aaron Hernandez

Rookie

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

whats the possibility Moore becomes a starter?

#9 JahNatrulz

JahNatrulz

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

James Jones all day

QB1 M. Stafford -> R. Wilson
QBB R. Fitzpatrick -> N. Foles

WR1 A. Green -> A. Brown
WR2 A. Brown -> J. Nelson
WR3 K. Allen -> Mi. Floyd
WRB R. White ->  J. Gordon (sspd), A. Robinson

RB1 K. Moreno -> T. Cadet

RB2 L. McCoy -> E. Lacy 
RBB L. Bell, D. Brown -> F. Jackson (o), J. Gray, C. Sims

FLEX Z. Stacy -> F. Gore 
TE1 D. Walker -> J. Reed
TEB D. Pitta -> N/A
K S. Hauschka -> A. Vinatieri 
D/ST Buffalo -> Detroit

"Trying to become Fantasy Dynasty"

2012 & 2013 CHAMPION-> 2014 Begins

#10 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

The only guys da Raiders are committed to/have control over beyond this season are Jones and Streater. Those to will be fed initially. Holmes and Moore are UFAs in 2015. Carr went to Moore a lot last night because they have been practicing together. I look for Moore to be mixed in with Holmes in 3-4 wides, but would not be surprised to see Moore come on strong as the season progresses. Hes' a 3rd year WR auditioning for his next contract.

Edited by pikerbkb, 29 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

• pdizzle710 likes this

#11 Al.Davis

Al.Davis

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

whats the possibility Moore becomes a starter?

I think they're pretty good. Moore is a solid talent that got bumped down the depth chart due to attitude issues. His attitude sucked cuz his QB sucked and could not throw the deep ball that butters Moore's bread.

Carr will certainly have his learning curve and make his share of rookie mistakes, but he at least brings back the vertical attack that Schaub is incapable of. I'm optimistic that Denarius will get his this year.
  • pikerbkb and pdizzle710 like this

#12 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

The only guys da Raiders are committed to/have control over beyond this season are Jones and Streater. Those to will be fed initially. Holmes and Moore are UFAs in 2015. Carr went to Moore a lot last night because they have been practicing together. I look for Moore to be mixed in with Holmes in 3-4 wides, but would not be surprised to see Moore come on strong as the season progresses. Hes' a 3rd year WR auditioning for his next contract.

When rookie/backup QBs get promoted midseason, they often start targeting unheard of guys that were buried with them on the second string. I tend to think D. Moore and Carr might have a chemistry built up and when Moore is on the field, I wouldn't be surprised to see him favored by Carr.

Teams with inexperienced QBs have an interest in keeping them comfortable with their pass catchers because if they don't those QBs usually end up struggling because they don't trust their receivers to be where they're throwing to.

#13 pikerbkb

pikerbkb

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

When rookie/backup QBs get promoted midseason, they often start targeting unheard of guys that were buried with them on the second string. I tend to think D. Moore and Carr might have a chemistry built up and when Moore is on the field, I wouldn't be surprised to see him favored by Carr.

Teams with inexperienced QBs have an interest in keeping them comfortable with their pass catchers because if they don't those QBs usually end up struggling because they don't trust their receivers to be where they're throwing to.

Agreed. Moore is in the doghouse at this point, but the HC and GM are essentially playing for their jobs. If Schaub is really injured, they may just roll out with Carr Day 1. Still skeptical about adding Moore as anything more than a flyer. Even if that Carr starts right away, I still think we will only see Moore as the WR3 unless Jones or Streater start out badly or get injured at some point.

Edited by pikerbkb, 29 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

• mmrodri likes this

#14 hard1

hard1

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:32 PM

Am I the only who doesn't understand what happened to Andre Holmes as the number 1?

#15 mmrodri

mmrodri

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Am I the only who doesn't understand what happened to Andre Holmes as the number 1?

We were warned that Streaters were gonna Streat...This is just the fallout...
  • Bluecore likes this

#16 Slatykamora

Slatykamora

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:17 AM

Holmes and Streeter are both restricted FA's after this year. Jones is the only one that has a contract beyond this year.. Moore is the only UFA.

#17 jnormy

jnormy

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:50 PM

Arrow up, down, or the same for Moore with the announcement that Derek Carr will be the week 1 QB?

#18 LeeVanCleef

LeeVanCleef

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,811 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

I think Moore's arrow goes slightly up now that Carr is the starter. They seem to have good chemistry since they predominately practiced together. This has me a little concerned about my Streater pickup over Moore but I guess we'll see how this whole thing plays out in game 1. Carr's performance could've been a fluke but regardless, I think the entire WR corps arrow just went up with him at the helm.

12 Team - Yahoo Dynasty League 2014

QB: Carson Palmer
WR: B. Marshall, Roddy White, Keenan Allen, Kelvin Benjamin, Andrew Hawkins, Brian Tyms
RB: Arian Foster, Rashad Jennings, Joique Bell, Jerick McKinnon, Knile Davis, Christine Michael
TE: Gronk, Julius Thomas, Travis Kelce

12 Team - Yahoo League 2014 (10th pick)

QB: Joe Flacco
WR: Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, Andrew Hawkins, Louis Murphy Jr.
RB: Rashad Jennings, Branden Oliver, Shane Vereen, Travaris Cadet, Kniles Davis
TE: Zach Ertz
DEF: San Diego
K: Vinatieri

#19 CooL

CooL

Superstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

I think Moore is a clear third or fourth option behind Jones and Streater. Wasn't there a report just a few days ago about how he might be on the roster bubble?

Yes, in preseason, you'll have these lesser WRs have great games with the backup QB, and everybody always say it's because they practiced a lot together on the second team. But when it's actual game time, the coaches are not going to sit their WR1 and 2 simply because the fourth stringer has caught the most balls from the then-backup QB in practice.

#20 oaklandy

oaklandy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Arrow up, down, or the same for Moore with the announcement that Derek Carr will be the week 1 QB?

Arrow up up up. Moore and Carr have undeniable chemistry, and I'm almost positive Moore becomes a starter.

12 Team Standard League, 6pt TDs
QB: Matthew Stafford, Carson Palmer
RB: Matt Forte, Giovani Bernard, Frank Gore, MJD, Jeremy Hill, Matt Asiata
WR: Jordy Nelson, Kendall Wright, Kelvin Benjamin, Sanu, 
#FJG
TE: Kyle Rudolph
K: Gano
DST: Colts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users