Visit Rotoworld.comRotoworld Forums  
Rotoworld: MLB | NFL | NBA | NHL | NASCAR | CFB
Sports Talk Blogs: PFT | HBT | PBT | CFT | PHT
  Visit NBCSports.com

Photo

Onroto.com

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 MrWannaBee

MrWannaBee

Allstar

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:42 AM

Wondering if anyone can help here. Did anyone out there use the old TQ Stats service which is now onroto.com this year? If so what were you thoughts on it?

#2 ssmarsh

ssmarsh

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:25 PM

I'd love to hear some reviews as well.
10 team, AL only, auction, keeper. Weekly roster moves, monthly access to FA's. We count holds as save/2. Players who qualify at DH can play OF.

C - C.Ianetta ($8), C.Stewart ($1)
1B - N.Swisher ($16); 3B - K.Youkilis ($11); CO - P.Konerko ($27)
2B - D.Pedroia ($24) ; SS - Y.Escobar ($11); MI - K.Johnson ($12)
OF - N.Cruz ($21), M.Morse ($21), T.Hunter ($11), M.Joyce ($8), J.Maxwell ($3)
DH - L.Cain ($11)
SP - J.Verlander ($32), J.Peavy ($7), E.Santana ($6), P.Hughes ($6), M.Buehrle ($4), J.Masterson ($1)
RP - J.Johnson ($12), S.Delabar ($4), D.O'Day ($0)
Bench - M.DeRosa ($0), H.Conger ($0), J.Iglesias ($0), L.Overbay ($0), P.Humber ($0), D.Smyly ($1), S.Kazmir ($0)

#3 2Balls

2Balls

Hall of Famer

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 12:12 PM

View PostMrWannaBee, on Oct 7 2008, 10:42 AM, said:

Wondering if anyone can help here. Did anyone out there use the old TQ Stats service which is now onroto.com this year? If so what were you thoughts on it?

I thought TQ was bought up by fanball.  After that, we left.  And I use different sites for my football leagues that used to be on fanball.  Either way, didn't know they switched.  We used TQ for 10+ years and were dissappointed to see it end.  We used rotowire.com and though they didn't have absolutely everything, it went fairly well.

#4 ssmarsh

ssmarsh

On the Ballot

• Established Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 06:05 PM

TQ was bought by fanball and it was garbage.  Onroto was started by a couple of the guys who used to run TQ.
10 team, AL only, auction, keeper. Weekly roster moves, monthly access to FA's. We count holds as save/2. Players who qualify at DH can play OF.

C - C.Ianetta ($8), C.Stewart ($1)
1B - N.Swisher ($16); 3B - K.Youkilis ($11); CO - P.Konerko ($27)
2B - D.Pedroia ($24) ; SS - Y.Escobar ($11); MI - K.Johnson ($12)
OF - N.Cruz ($21), M.Morse ($21), T.Hunter ($11), M.Joyce ($8), J.Maxwell ($3)
DH - L.Cain ($11)
SP - J.Verlander ($32), J.Peavy ($7), E.Santana ($6), P.Hughes ($6), M.Buehrle ($4), J.Masterson ($1)
RP - J.Johnson ($12), S.Delabar ($4), D.O'Day ($0)
Bench - M.DeRosa ($0), H.Conger ($0), J.Iglesias ($0), L.Overbay ($0), P.Humber ($0), D.Smyly ($1), S.Kazmir ($0)

#5 gringo2112

gringo2112

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:48 PM

I used them for 2 leagues this year.  They decided start their site late March/early April so they did not have much time to get everything ready.  I got a refund from Allstar Stats and switch over the end of April.  We had no problems with service at all.  They had prompt customer service responses.  It was pretty much no frills all season.  They added player links at the conclusion of the season to stats and limited player notes.  They tried to launch their version of Auto-Commissioner mid-season, but they could not work out all the kinks.  To their credit, they charged nothing for the season.  Giving them the whole off-season to prepare the site, I think it will be every much as functional as the old TQ Stats.  Here is their sample league: http://onroto.com/ba...tand.pl?yarfnew  I look forward to see their site come Spring