This league will be a 16 team full keeper league
LEAGUE DUES AND 2019 REDRAFT
• Leagues dues will be $35 USD and all will be paid out with the exception of the CBS website fee. If you do not pay by the due date each year, you will be notified that you are being replaced and will be replaced as soon as one can be identified. No one will be able to play without paying.
• Redraft will not start until ALL teams are paid for 2019 via Paypal or personal check.
• Redraft will start on an agreed-upon date with randomly generated draft positions for all 16 teams
• All teams will be permitted to start with up to 15 players kept from the ESPN website and any picks made during the 2018 Annual First Year Players and International Free Agent Draft
• Redraft will be 32 rounds long, serpentine, have a 12 hour timer, and done through the league website.
• 19 starters, 8 bench players, 20 minors = 47 total players, less 15 keepers = 32 rounds
• All players – major leaguers, minor leaguers, and new draftees - will be available in the redraft
• There will be NO unlisted players permitted in the redraft
• Team names and logos can be any major or minor league team, current or past
• Each team will play 1 matchup per week.
o Head to head matchup
o Daily lineup changes
o 14 categories
▪ For hitters – AVG, OBP, SLG, RBI, R, HR, SB
▪ For pitchers – ERA, WHIP, SV, K/9, K, W, QS
• The league will have 2 divisions with 8 teams each
• Division winners will “draft” the divisions for the following year
• Each team will maintain a roster of 19 active players, up to 8 reserve players, and up to 20 minor leaguers
• Minor leaguers for our purposes have fewer than 150 official major league at bats or fewer than 50 major league innings pitched
• Players who have exceeded these limits cannot at ANY time be placed into minor league spots, even if their team sends them down, UNLESS it is the year they first exceed the limit. In that case, they can stay in a minor league spot until lineups are updated to be legal in the offseason. Otherwise, once a player who has exceeded those limits iscalled up, they cannot be sent back down again, ever.
• Minor leaguers can be kept in reserve spots. But always start your best possible lineup. No one will be forced to drop anyone, but you’re required to field your best possible lineup at all times.
• To qualify at any hitting spot, a player has to have 10appearances the previous year or 5 appearances in the current year
• To qualify as a starting pitcher, a player has to have 5 starts the previous year or 5 starts the current year
• To qualify as a relief pitcher, a player has to have 10 relief appearances in the previous year or 10 relief appearances in the current year
• Each team is permitted to carry up to 6 players in injured reserve, but they must be officially placed on the DL by their major league team to qualify and must remain on the DL to stay there. This is mostly managed by the website, but if you are found to have a player on the DL that doesn't qualify, the player can be dropped at the discretion of the commissioner after a warning.
• Each starting lineup will consist of a 12 hitters - C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, MI, CI, OF, OF, OF, OF, DH
• Each starting lineup will consist of 7 pitchers - 5 active SP, 2 active RP
• A pitcher with both SP and RP eligibility can be started ineither spot
WAIVERS: CBS runs the waiver systems. A dropped player is on waivers automatically for 24 hours. If player is not claimed, he then becomes free game for all teams. Theorder will reset weekly based on the current standings.
If there is an unlisted minor leaguer you want to add, this can be done by a simple post on the message board. A commissioner will process it and the player will be added to your roster to replace the placeholder once he is added to the CBS database.
• Obviously trading is encouraged. If after a trade you end up with an illegal lineup, you have 24 hours to make a drop, trade, or other transaction to make your roster legal.
• If you trade a 1st round pick for a future year, you owe the following year entry fee before the trade will be processed.
• If you trade a 2nd round pick for a future year, you owe half of the following year entry fee before the trade will be processed.
• Prepayment of following year dues to trade a future pick is simply so that an owner cannot trade away future picks and then leave the league without a small cost, which would also force us to find an owner to both pay the dues and take over a team with no picks in the next draft.
• Trade deadline will be 11:59 pm EST, the first Sunday after August 15th.
• 6 teams will make the playoffs, which will start in week 23 and last for 3 weeks.
• Division winners get a bye
• 4 wild card teams – 4 best winning percentages in either division
• Round one is 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5
• Teams are reseeded for Round two so top seed plays lowest remaining seed
• At 11:59 pm EST, 3 days after the final out of the real World Series, all teams must be legal for the offseason.
• All players must be in a lineup position where they will qualify the following year. Just because they are still listed as eligible by CBS does not mean they are permitted to be in that position. Please consult their eligibility page for clarification.
• If a team misses the deadline, players can be dropped from the team lineup to make it legal at the discretion of the commissioner
• Legal rosters must be maintained at all times. Same rules apply about being legal within 24 hours of making a trade.
Don’t do it or you’ll be replaced. No one will be forced to drop players they don’t want to drop, but start your best lineup at all times.
PAYOUTS (IN US DOLLARS)
• Payouts expected within 72 hours of the end of the fantasy championship
• With a $35 entry fee, payout structure will be:
o Total $560 collected
o Less $150 CBS fee (can be adjusted annually) = $410 prize money
Division winners - $50 ($50*2 = $100)
Wild cards - $25 ($25*4 = $100)
1st round playoff win - $25 ($25*2 = $50)
2nd round playoff win - $25 ($25*2 = $50)
Champion - $110
ANNUAL FIRST YEAR PLAYER AND INTERNTIONAL FREE AGENT DRAFT
Each year we will have a 2 round draft during the offseason and after the all teams are offseason legal. This draft will be primarily for all international signings and players drafted in the major league draft. Everyone is available to be drafted, but if the player you select is not signed by an MLB team by the start the MLB season that player will be removed from your team.
Regarding international signees – if an international player has signed a major league contract, they must be held in an active or reserve spot UNTIL/UNLESS their team officially sends them to the minor leagues. If an international player signs a minor league contract, they can be held in the minor leagues immediately.
Any other unique circumstances will be determined on a case by case basis.
The order of this draft will be the reverse of the final regular season standings from the previous season. In order to make a pick, you must have space on your roster available. A pick cannot make your roster illegal. Drops will be permitted during the draft.