Hey all, so I've just returned from a five-year fantasy baseball hiatus and drafted the following. I'd appreciate any feedback as I get back into the swing of things; please leave a link and I will respond likely within 24 hrs.
16 team, Yahoo, H2H, non-keeper
Cats: AB, R, 1B, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, PO, A, E, AVG, OBP //// IP, APP, W, L, CG, SV, ER, HR, BB, K, HLD, TB, ERA, WHIP, K/9
C: A Avila (C - Ari)
1B: P Goldschmidt (1B - Ari)
2B: J Panik (2B - SF)
3B: N Castellanos (3B/OF - Det)
SS: A Simmons (SS - LAA)
OF: A Benintendi (OF - Bos)
OF: S Marte (OF - Pit)
OF: Y Cesepedes (OF - NYM)
UTIL: J Votto (1B - Cin)
UTIL: A Garcia (OF - CWS)
B: A Pujols (1B - LAA)
SP: J Hicks (SP - Stl)
SP: T Glasnow (SP - Pit)
RP: C Allen (RP - Cle)
RP: K Giles (RP - Hou)
P: R Madson (RP - Was)
P: C Edwards (RP - ChC)
P: C Green (RP - NYY)
B: R Hill (SP - LAD)
B: S Gray (SP - NYY)
B: M Stroman (SP - Tor)
B: C Morton (SP - Hou)
DL: A Reyes (SP -Stl)
A few tidbits:
- The stats for this league really dictated my draft:
-- As far as hitters go, it looks like high-contact, good K/BB guys are most valuable. Also, with the defensive stats counting, 1B, 2B, SS are slightly more valuable than 3B and OF.
-- As far as pitchers go, RPs have a definite advantage over SPs (though there is a 20 IP minimum per week). The only stats that go to SPs are IP, W, and K. CG is a meaningless stat these days and literally every other stat benefits RPs. This is why I have seven RPs and four starters. Ideally I'd like to get down to three.
1) Should I try and trade my two closers (Allen and Giles) to upgrade some hitting and starting pitching? SVs are worth just as much as HLDs and I see no reason to put value on a single stat when I could be getting better all-around help elsewhere.
2) Goldie and Votto: the former fell to me at pick 14 and the latter was there on the turn at 19. I like them both a lot in this league as they fill the board entirely, but wonder if I could trade one of them (perhaps with a closer) for a non-Util star.
3) I'm going to drop Pujols at some point, probably sooner rather than later, but am waiting for a decent utility guy who qualifies at 2B, 3B, and SS. This is not an easy find in a 16 team league. Thus far, I'm watching Owings, Difo, Pindar, Rojas, and Duffy. Any sleepers here? Would it be worth targeting via trade a guy like Nunez?
4) Which starter is the first to try and trade? I'm leaning towards Stroman, then Gray. I like Morton and Hill for ratios.
Sorry for the big post. Any and all help appreciated. Cheers.