Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Johnny Utah

Which QB to ride to a championship?

I'm currently sitting at 7-1 (2 games ahead of the field) and basically a lock to make the playoffs and the odds on favorite for the #1 seed. Given my current status, I'm now in full on playoff preparation mode. All my roster moves from here on out are basically geared towards my playoffs (week 15 and 16).

As such, I'm currently trying to determine my best bet at QB for those crucial two weeks (15 and 16). I have three options right now that I'm considering. My three options I'm considering are Rodgers, Romo, and McNabb. I can acquire any of these three QBs. My league's rules are pretty standard (8 team, 2RB-3WR, no flex) but do give rather heavy pass yardage bonuses for QBs, so that's a strong conideration here as well. So here are the options with their playoff matchups:

1) Rodgers (week 15- @JAX, week 16- @CHI): Inital thoughts- Rodgers has been good so far, but the last two games have shown a downtick in yardage (again, my league gives rather heavy QB yardage bonuses), and the shoulder might still be a concern. Also, will the Packers try to lean on the rushing game more going forward and the weather colder in GB? As for the matchups, right now JAX looks like a decent one for QBs, but week 16 at Chicago could be a very different story. The CHI defense could have their secondary healthy by then and Soldier Field in late December doesn't seem condusive to the passing game.

2) McNabb (week 15- CLE, week 16- @WAS): Initial thoughts- McNabb finally has a healthy offense and should put up good numbers going foward. That being said, as a former Donnie Mac owner, he's never been the most consistent guy out there from week to week. But he can put up big yardage and the Eagles always throw a ton. His matchup in week 15 at home vs. Cleveland doesn't look nearly as good as it did before the season. And his week 16 matchup at WAS looks pretty brutal.

3) Romo (week 15- NYG, week 16- BAL): Inital thoughts- Perhaps the most intigiung option. Like I said in the opening, I'm really only concerned with the playoffs at this point, so I don't need him for the next few weeks. I currently have been riding Schaub and can continue to do so until week 11 or whenever Romo comes back. That being said, trading for an injured player is always a risky proposition. But this move may have the highest upside. As for the matchups, they don't look great, but Romo has been pretty much matchup proof when healthy.

So what do you guys think? Who's my best option at QB for my fantasy playoffs given the players and the matchups? Any help and comments are greatly appreciated. Leave a link and I'll respond. Thanks.

I'd probably go McNabb...his schedule seems to be the most favorable. Romo is a possiblity as the Cowboys might be fighting for their playoff lives. I wouldn't go with Rodgers though....he's young and to be honest McNabb and Romo are better options in my opinion.

Help me with mine please.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/index.php?showtopic=101773

If Mcnabb is healthy I'd definitely go with him. The Eagles will be fighting for a playoff spot too so they'll be guns blazing. If the rest of the offense remains healthy he's definitely your best bet. The Eagles throw the ball a lot and with a healthy Westbrook, Curtis, Reggie Brown, and an emerging Jackson they'll score a lot of points.

Lots of McNabb love.

Is anyone else concerned about that Cleveland matchup (week 15) at all? Haven't the Browns been much improved on D this year? Doesn't JAX have a worse pass defense statistically right now?

McNabb...especially if Westbrook stays healthy. He'll turn a couple screen passes into long td's.

I would go with Romo, before he got hurt he was definitely the most consistent. McNabb seems to be on and off while I find it hard to trust Aaron Rodgers but then again it is way too early to predict as injuries can happen to any one of them.

McNabb

Romo

Rodgers

especially if westy can stay healthy, that offense is based on passing/screens and you mentioned your are in a yardage league.

thanks for your insight with my marshawn link.

good luck!

interesting post

i have Romo and have been thinking of a possible McNabb deal

but i think Romo is matchup proof

his turnovers are frustrating though...

also u have to look at where the games will be played at that time of year

romo has both his games at home where the weather will be much better than it would be in philly and was (mcnabbs sched)

romo always seems to put up better numbers at home too