Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aleo

Lamar Odom

So I have Lamar Odom on my team and his first two games he hasn't started and has averaged 26 minutes and 7.5 points 5.5 rbs and 2 ast. Is he going to continue getting below average minutes and not contributing or will there be lineup changes to get him more.

Hawes, Chalmers, Darrel Arthur, Haslem are all still on waivers, I am planning on waiting a few more games for him to come around but if he doesn't any of these guys I should drop him for? Or should I try to trade him.

Thoughts please, thanks.

I am thinking of doing the same. I may try to trade him for T. Thomas who just had a bad game last night and hope it does not get rejected!

Also, it could just be that the Laker's have been blowing everyone out therefore Odom has not gotten the minutes he would normally get off the bench. Dunno.

At least hold him until he has more value. How long is vladdy going to start over him?

I just offered a guy Odom for Salmons hopefully he is dumb enough to do it

You really think Salmons will put up better #s than Odom?! Points possibly but nothing else and Odom will signifcantly outproduce in every other category.

Last time I checked Odom is still getting starter minutes according to Phil.

Sure blowouts suck but I'd wait at least another week or two before deciding if Odom will underproduce.

maybe i should start sending lowball offers for odom seems people are giving up on this proven vet real quick

seriously?? odom for tyrus thomas?

Odom is coming off the bench and this is the way Phil intends to run the squad and if they will be blowing teams out then there is no reason for Phil to switch the rotation. Furthermore, if they will be blowing teams out starters and Odom will be on the pine in most 4ths. I think Odom should have better numbers overall long term but Odom needs 30+ mins to put up his stats and I don't think he will get that night in and night out because the Laker's are too deep and will blow enough teams out.

Hence, I can sit on Odom and hope for the best while good ww players are picked up and/or fringe players that are easily tradable now become harder to acquire in a trade because they are performing very well.

I actually put out the same offer. I think im panicing with Odom, but It a sitution I don't wanna deal with.

Radmanovic - 31 min.

Odom - 25 min.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Where is the vent thread?

....I'm getting pissed off that Odom fell in my lap at 55th pick in a 12-team league with only guys like J. O'Neal, Okafor, D. Lee, A. Harrington, C. Villanueva left towards the end so I had to take him....and now this joke of a rotation he's getting early in the year....some 20-25 min. a game loser? After avg'ing 37 min. per game last year to Vlad's 22?

I understand he's gonna have a drop in minutes....but Vlad should not be playing more then him and taking ANY of those minutes!!! christ....Bynum was in foul trouble tonight and he still only played 25....this is a disaster....

Radmanovic - 31 min.

Odom - 25 min.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Where is the vent thread?

....I'm getting pissed off that Odom fell in my lap at 55th pick in a 12-team league with only guys like J. O'Neal, Okafor, D. Lee, A. Harrington, C. Villanueva left towards the end so I had to take him....and now this joke of a rotation he's getting early in the year....some 20-25 min. a game loser? After avg'ing 37 min. per game last year to Vlad's 22?

I understand he's gonna have a drop in minutes....but Vlad should not be playing more then him and taking ANY of those minutes!!! christ....Bynum was in foul trouble tonight and he still only played 25....this is a disaster....

Frankly, I had Odom rated in the middle of the 5th round anyway so I wouldn't call it "falling into your lap." You took him at 55 and his Yahoo! ADP is 53, so it's not like you got insane value or anything.

I mean, I understand, you took him at an appropriate spot, he isn't performing, that stinks. But it's not like he was just sitting there SCREAMING to be taken. It wasn't the 7th or 8th round or anything.

odom will turn it around. you're losing out if you trade him for TT I guarantee it. As for salmons, there's a chance that'll be a good trade but it's far from a sure thing

38mpg last year - prob 30 at best this year unless an injury hits.

Radmanovic - 31 min.

Odom - 25 min.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

Odom was in foul trouble during the first half. That is all. I have not attempted to trade him just yet. I am going to hold him for at least a month and hope for the best.

Odom was in foul trouble during the first half. That is all. I have not attempted to trade him just yet. I am going to hold him for at least a month and hope for the best.

4 weeks is always my standard time-frame before looking to trade. you have to give your players a chance, if you did your homework for the draft.

Frankly, I had Odom rated in the middle of the 5th round anyway so I wouldn't call it "falling into your lap." You took him at 55 and his Yahoo! ADP is 53, so it's not like you got insane value or anything.

I mean, I understand, you took him at an appropriate spot, he isn't performing, that stinks. But it's not like he was just sitting there SCREAMING to be taken. It wasn't the 7th or 8th round or anything.

It was the safe pick. I wasn't going to wait until later....let someone else take Odom....and take the riskier PF (Villanueva or Harrington) where you never know what's going to happen. That's why I said it fell right into me cause the PF's were essentially gone at that point in a 12-team league....

Very frustrating what's happening with him when I also drafted Ginobuli with a value pick at 79.....Dunleavy at 66.....and Camby at 42.....

It was the safe pick. I wasn't going to wait until later....let someone else take Odom....and take the riskier PF (Villanueva or Harrington) where you never know what's going to happen. That's why I said it fell right into me cause the PF's were essentially gone at that point in a 12-team league....

Very frustrating what's happening with him when I also drafted Ginobuli with a value pick at 79.....Dunleavy at 66.....and Camby at 42.....

Now you know why you don't draft for position this early in the draft. Plenty of guys you could have gotten later instead of feeling the need to take BPFA with pick 55.

Lamar Odom was taken in the 7th round of my 12 teamer, even then it was one of the "ouch" picks as nobody wanted LO this season at all in my league. Odom needs minutes to get his statistics and even then he isn't coming anywhere near 10RPG as whenever he's in the game he is joined by either Gasol or Bynum playing C.

I'm thinking 10PPG/5RPG/3APG/50%FG

Odom wasn't a safe pick. I'm pretty sure everyone who draft him knew the risk going in. at least I knew, I just didn't think I was gonna be annoyed enough that I would trade him low. I normally have patience with players but something about the sitution doesn't strike me as one that I'm gonna enjoy.

I'm willing to take low value for him at this point. I believe it total panic, but I'm just fed up with it early.

call me totally crazy - but i think the bobcats are about to trade gerald wallace for odom + some other junk.

so - either keep odom or trade for him.

i am the same guy who told a friend to pick up zaza and his 20 team league for tonights game and zaza got him 18 boards.

and i also had a feeling about biedrins this season.

i got a feeling about odom to the bobcats.

this is based clearly on a feeling i am getting..

they cleared some roster space by waiving 2 scrubs. it seems they are about to make a move

The reason odom got benched was because of his inability to hit a shot and accoring to phil J he came into camp not in shape. How is gwall an improvement over odom. Gwall is no better at shooting than lamar, probably doesnt fit into the triangle offense as well as lamar and he's injury prone. That trade would make no sense for the lakers.

The reason odom got benched was because of his inability to hit a shot and accoring to phil J he came into camp not in shape. How is gwall an improvement over odom. Gwall is no better at shooting than lamar, probably doesnt fit into the triangle offense as well as lamar and he's injury prone. That trade would make no sense for the lakers.

Agreed. What should help them is a respectable shooter who can spread the floor with a hint of play making abilities. A la Toni Kukoc.

Obviously that's why Radman is still in the starting lineup...but he just sucks.

Here is a sick idea - trade Odom for M.Miller. Minnesota saves 10 million dollars (Odom expires after this season compared to Miller's contract that expires in two years). Lakers get a deadly shooter to spread out the floor to make that triangle work even more effectively. Miller is also a "big guard" that Phil Jackson prefers with good court awareness and passing abilities. Obviously he has defensive problems but Trevor Ariza can step up for him to guard if a shutdown defender is needed (and you don't want to waste Kobe's energy)...

I'm also thinking Don Nelson would love Lamar Odom (point forward ability)....Harrington could fit well with the Lakers with his shooting ability. Obviously GS would need to dangle a draft pick or two (or Brendan Wright)...