Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aleo

Lamar Odom

Agreed. What should help them is a respectable shooter who can spread the floor with a hint of play making abilities. A la Toni Kukoc.

Obviously that's why Radman is still in the starting lineup...but he just sucks.

Here is a sick idea - trade Odom for M.Miller. Minnesota saves 10 million dollars (Odom expires after this season compared to Miller's contract that expires in two years). Lakers get a deadly shooter to spread out the floor to make that triangle work even more effectively. Miller is also a "big guard" that Phil Jackson prefers with good court awareness and passing abilities. Obviously he has defensive problems but Trevor Ariza can step up for him to guard if a shutdown defender is needed (and you don't want to waste Kobe's energy)...

I'm also thinking Don Nelson would love Lamar Odom (point forward ability)....Harrington could fit well with the Lakers with his shooting ability. Obviously GS would need to dangle a draft pick or two (or Brendan Wright)...

The lakers have plenty of shooters. They don't really have a need.

The lakers have plenty of shooters. They don't really have a need.

The problem is all their consistent shooters are guards. Radman is sucking, and Ariza (although he has improved) and Odom are not really three point threats. You will see in 4th Q how Kobe plays at SF a lot b/c Phil wants to put on that extra shooter on the floor (like Vujacic in last year's finals).

And again Mike Miller isn't just a spot up shooter...his passing is good and has the size to really to see the floor and make good entry passes.

The problem is all their consistent shooters are guards. Radman is sucking, and Ariza (although he has improved) and Odom are not really three point threats. You will see in 4th Q how Kobe plays at SF a lot b/c Phil wants to put on that extra shooter on the floor (like Vujacic in last year's finals).

And again Mike Miller isn't just a spot up shooter...his passing is good and has the size to really to see the floor and make good entry passes.

You're right, with the exception of Radman, their shooters are all guards but Vujacic is almost the same size as Miller. Basically I just don't see the lakers making a trade centered around Odom for Miller unlesss they really just want to rid themselves of Odom. Odom is bigger and a better defender. The only slight need the lakers might have would be front court depth, so why trade Odom when he can back up the SF and PF positions. Radman will pick up his shooting % and then the lakers will be starting 3 shooters and having a shooter in Vujacic on the bench.

call me totally crazy - but i think the bobcats are about to trade gerald wallace for odom + some other junk.

so - either keep odom or trade for him.

i am the same guy who told a friend to pick up zaza and his 20 team league for tonights game and zaza got him 18 boards.

and i also had a feeling about biedrins this season.

i got a feeling about odom to the bobcats.

totally crazy.

I could see Miller, Turkoglu, or Peja before I could see Gerald Wallace.

Guest ciderjack6

Is he the "7th man" now? Is Ariza coming off the bench in front of him.

It sucks, but I think the only thing that is going to save Odom's value will be a trade. But why would the Lakers trade him when they're winning, unless it's solely for money reasons. Basketball-wise I think Odom is giving Phil exactly what he needs - more punch to the 2nd unit. Going into most drafts we knew that Odom was going to have diminished value coming off the bench, but I don't think anyone could have anticipated it being this bad. That being said I can't cut him loose at this point when his value can't be any lower. Besides that I traded Wade for Odom/Redd, so I refuse to dump him because of that. Only thing we can hope for is that as the season progresses, Odom acclimates to his bench role and really thrives as a 6th man dynamo. Maybe it just takes time for someone to adjust who is used to starting. God help me.

It sucks, but I think the only thing that is going to save Odom's value will be a trade. But why would the Lakers trade him when they're winning, unless it's solely for money reasons. Basketball-wise I think Odom is giving Phil exactly what he needs - more punch to the 2nd unit. Going into most drafts we knew that Odom was going to have diminished value coming off the bench, but I don't think anyone could have anticipated it being this bad. That being said I can't cut him loose at this point when his value can't be any lower. Besides that I traded Wade for Odom/Redd, so I refuse to dump him because of that. Only thing we can hope for is that as the season progresses, Odom acclimates to his bench role and really thrives as a 6th man dynamo. Maybe it just takes time for someone to adjust who is used to starting. God help me.

your problem is that you traded WADE for two 5th round picks. you obviously know it was a mistake. but if you are a in a shallow league its time to cut odom. you really screwed that trade up. i mean you REALLY screwed that up.

your problem is that you traded WADE for two 5th round picks. you obviously know it was a mistake. but if you are a in a shallow league its time to cut odom. you really screwed that trade up. i mean you REALLY screwed that up.

Heh yep thanks for reminding me - worst trade I've made in a couple seasons probably. I did that trade before the season even started. Folks were having their doubts about Wade - he was already owned by two other teams before I got him. I think that really diminished his value. Anyway, yeah I had some hard on for Redd and was wanting to balance my depth. And you're pretty much right on with Odom and Redd, as they were drafted respectively in the 6th and 4th rounds. It will all be a moot point though when Wade gets hurt again.

is odom's value toasted for the rest of the season?

is odom's value toasted for the rest of the season?

I held Odumb for a month then finally dumped him. Quite frankly, the Laker's are winning with him coming off the bench and there is no reason to expect otherwise. Odumb's value is basically shot unless he is traded and I don't see why the Laker's would trade Odumb. Odumb works well with the second unit.

Odom was just dropped in my league and I was thrilled until I saw how pedestrian his numbers were this season. I hadn't been paying attention to him at all. I have the #1 waiver priority, so I'm still considering using it on him. What do people think? I mean, yeah, he's sucked this year, but this isn't baseball where hot prospects get called up so you have to cherish your waiver priority. Plus a player of Odom's ability isn't readily available all the time. I like him over standard waiver fodder like Jeff Foster, Antonio McDyess and Kyle Korver.

Odom is ready to explode, I just traded him away so feel free to see him go for 20/10/7 from here on out.

Odom is ready to explode, I just traded him away so feel free to see him go for 20/10/7 from here on out.

Haha, maybe if he gets dealt.

He is WW fodder as long as he is on the Lakers.

I held Odumb for a month then finally dumped him. Quite frankly, the Laker's are winning with him coming off the bench and there is no reason to expect otherwise. Odumb's value is basically shot unless he is traded and I don't see why the Laker's would trade Odumb. Odumb works well with the second unit.

I beleive I dropped Odom and picked up Augustin or Barera. Both have had more impact then Odumb the last week or two for what its worth.

I beleive I dropped Odom and picked up Augustin or Barera. Both have had more impact then Odumb the last week or two for what its worth.

Odom's been dreadful so far, but I think he's a fairly good waiver wire pickup if you can get him right now. With the Lakers' roster a 16 and 11 is out of the question, but I bet he'll end up going for 12 / 7 / 3 with pretty good blocks and steals over the course of the season. If either Bynum or Gasol misses any time (and both have missed a lot over the last couple of seasons) he'll get way more valuable...

i am only comfortable playing odom in four game weeks, but like jbulls said bynum and gasol are both fairly injury prone, and trevor ariza is not exactly a pillar of health either. Maybe vlad will do us all a favor and go skiing again too...

i am only comfortable playing odom in four game weeks, but like jbulls said bynum and gasol are both fairly injury prone, and trevor ariza is not exactly a pillar of health either. Maybe vlad will do us all a favor and go skiing again too...

That is the rationale that caused me to hold Odumb for over a month. But, after a while, I have to use roster spots to address deficiencies rather then wait for Laker's starters who spend most 4ths on the bench to get hurt.

looks like he had a great game last night.

Yeah, I don't really understand all the hate for some of these guys. After reading some of the posts about a player sucking, I'll check out his stats and be surprised that someone's bitching, such as " XXX is such a bum, what a waste, I'm dropping him for Pat Garritty, blah, blah, blah..." Then I'll check the stats and the "bum" is putting up 15 pts, 7 reb, 1 st, 1 bl shooting 47% fg!!!

I picked up Odom of the WW so maybe that's why I been pleasantly happy with the guy, if you expected him to be like last year, then you didn't do your homework on him and it's your fault, not his. Homework is the key in fantasy.

So far in the month that I've had him he is averaging 8 pts, 6 reb, 2.6 a**, 1.5 st and 1 blk shooting 51% fg. I'll take that production any day. Players like him and Przbilla are the ones that are quietly gonna push me into 1st place.

Well the problem with Odom is that he throws in one of those 3 points 5 TO games every week that seems to drive someone nuts.

Has anyone had any luck trading this guy?

Im ready to give him away right now...and ive only owned him for 2 days !! LOL

I got him in a deal for Stoudemire...the other owner wouldnt give up Amare unless he could unload Odom on me...

Im trying to work on a 2-1 deal involving Odom right now, so im asking if anyone has been able to trade him..

I am actually very tempted to pick up Odom... He's sitting in my FA right now. What have you guys done with Odom lately? Traded? Dropped? Added?