Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

I'm looking for a big week from a free agent IDP. and i was considering dropping Ray Lewis.....

Available options for this week.

A. Wilson vs SF

Urlacher vs TENN

Morrison vs CAR

Who should i go with? (and drop Ray Ray?)

(is there another IDP out there is as almost gauranteed to have a huge week?)

What about my starters this week?

Robert Mathis @ Pitt

John Abraham vs NO

Julius Peppers @ Kwame Harris(OAK)

Bench:

James Harrison vs INDY

Kirk Morrison vs CAR

What you guys think? any changes you would make? "Pretty standard" scoring is what you called my league at one point TMAN...

thanx

Wow.

I don't like your matchups at all and I hope someone comes along with better insight than I.

Don't like Abraham, even though Peppers got to Brees. He's only been sacked 7 times on the year and Abe's a real Boom/Bust guy.

I'd put Morrison in over him but I wouldn't expect the world.

I wish that Mathis was on the Right side.

But Harrison doesn't have any better a match-up. His advantage is that he's playing at home.

I am of no help here.

Wow.

I don't like your matchups at all and I hope someone comes along with better insight than I.

Don't like Abraham, even though Peppers got to Brees. He's only been sacked 7 times on the year and Abe's a real Boom/Bust guy.

I'd put Morrison in over him but I wouldn't expect the world.

I wish that Mathis was on the Right side.

But Harrison doesn't have any better a match-up. His advantage is that he's playing at home.

I am of no help here.

ouch.

I was kinda excited about my matchups, not so much Abraham vs NO. But i definitely thought Mathis and Peppers had favorable match ups this week, Freeney is available if that would be an upgrade over Mathis?

After what Abraham did to OAK's Kwame Harris last week(5 tckl 3 sacks 1 ff) i figured Peppers should be able to at least get to the QB once in that matchup...

Well im stickin with my guys and hoping for the best.

I've got Barrett Ruud, Dhani Jones, & DeMarcus Ware all on byes this week & I need to find some replacements. To complicate matters, Jared Allen looks like he is going to be out this week and quite possibly longer.

I need to pick up two players: one LB and the other can be a LB or DB.

Here are the players available for pick up in my league:

Lofa Tatupu

Omar Gaither (Still on waivers but i'm hoping he clears)

John Abraham

Kawika Mitchell

Kevin Williams

Julius Peppers

Clint Session

Michael Lewis

Antrel Rolle

Charles Woodson

Jabari Greer

Dwight Lowery

Tackle Solo (1), Tackle Assist (.5), Sack (2.5), Interception (2.5), Fumble Force (1.5), Fumble Recovery (1), Pass Defended (1)

Which two players should i pick up & which two players should i drop? My roster is in my signature. This is for my first team (14 Team league)

Thanks

I'd take Gaither or Lofa (if he's playing) over Lenon.....I'll give a slight edge to Lowery over Bigby, who seems like he might be ready to revive his season. Are you determined not to start him, because this might be a good amtchup for him.

I'm looking for a big week from a free agent IDP. and i was considering dropping Ray Lewis.....

Available options for this week.

A. Wilson vs SF

Urlacher vs TENN

Morrison vs CAR

Who should i go with? (and drop Ray Ray?)

(is there another IDP out there is as almost gauranteed to have a huge week?)

Sorry, no guarantees......lol.

All three have their positives: Wilson's coming off a strong outing, Urlacher has a fairly favorable matchup this weekend (despite the general lack of #'s this year), and Morrison, as has been stated before, is someone I use with confidence, even if his matchup doesn't seem as glittering as the others.

I'd probably rank them:

1a - Urlacher

1b - Morrison

1c - Wilson

I noticed that Biggz (i think) said he likes Lofa this weekend facing MIA, what do you guys think about James Farrior facing Indy and Takeo Spikes facing ARI on monday night.

All 3 are free agents in my league, and i need someone to fill in for Barret Ruud.

are those options better than Ray Ray?

I would consider them to be so, yes.

I'm not a big Lewis fan, I think he's a viable spot play at this point, but I would not rely on him as a week-to-week starter and would go with any of them before him this week.

BoSox - I think Lofa's a good play this week, IF he plays....my understanding is that he could have last week, but they held him out. I think TiMan chimed in on Farrior's matchup this week, and I haven't seen much from Spikes lately to feel confident talking him up. I'd say that if you gotta so with one of them, take a flier on Lofa

I gotta get some work doen, fellas.....will check back in later on.

Better FA pickup from here out?

D.Bowens (NYJ) - With Harris Out

OR

K.Bentley (HOU) - With Diles Out

Bowens.

He was signed to be a backup, but he's got a history of being a good pass rusher, and should be a better weekly play than Bentley, whom I now understand to be rotating in the ILB spots.

Who do you guys like out of these choices:

Cooper vs KC

Lofa if he plays

David Bowens vs STL

Tackles are 1 pt, Assists .5, INT 2 ,and defended passes 1

Who u like?

Madieu Williams vs GB

or

Adrian Wilson vs SF

Tackle (1)

Tackle Asist (.5)

Sack (3)

Interception (5)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Pass Defended (3)

Safety (4)

Blocked Kick (3)

Who do you guys like out of these choices:

Cooper vs KC

Lofa if he plays

David Bowens vs STL

Tackles are 1 pt, Assists .5, INT 2 ,and defended passes 1

What do you get for sacks, since that's Bowens' niche?

What do you get for sacks, since that's Bowens' niche?

Oh yes, 2 points for a sack

thanks for the help

Would Thomas Howard be a better start than Harrison, Woodley or Suggs this week?

TK - 2pts, ATK - 1 pt, Sack - 6pts, FF - 3 pts

Thoughts on Aaron Kampman @ MIN this week...

Is he a better option than these?

Mathis @ Pitt

Abraham vs NO

Harrison vs Indy

tkl(1pt) tklassist(.5) sack(4) Int(3) FF(3) FR(4) PD(1.5)

Hidden

McClain, Fargas, F.Taylor, D.Ward... out of these 4 I need to pick 2 b/c I am starting Gore. All seem to be a hit or miss. Any advice is helpful.

Rushing Attempts (1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 5 points at 100 yards; 8 points at 125 yards; 10 points at 150 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (7)

Who u like?

Madieu Williams vs GB

or

Adrian Wilson vs SF

Tackle (1)

Tackle Asist (.5)

Sack (3)

Interception (5)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Touchdown (6)

Pass Defended (3)

Safety (4)

Blocked Kick (3)

Madieu looked good last week, and there's a good chance the Pack will be throwing a lot, if Grant can't get going early. Wilson will get his tackles, and could make some impact on pass D, but I like Madieu's chances better....I'd go that way.

Oh yes, 2 points for a sack

thanks for the help

I'd like to see how Bowens fits in first before using him, but this would seem to be a good matchup for him, although the lack of SJax makes the tackle total a little variable.

I thin it comes down to Cooper vs. Lofa, and while Lofa has the upside, Cooper is your safer play. He'll get his tackles, and can chip some sacks...his last game vs. the Chefs, he recorded 10 tackles (7 solo) and a sack.

Gimme Coop.

Would Thomas Howard be a better start than Harrison, Woodley or Suggs this week?

TK - 2pts, ATK - 1 pt, Sack - 6pts, FF - 3 pts

I'll start by saying that I like Suggs' prospects better than the Steelers, as the Colts have only allowed 9 sacks all year.

Suggs' other numbers (namely Tackles) tend to, ahem, vary....but I like his chances this week, as the Texans, when they aren't trying to establish Slaton) will be throwing short. I think he's got enough coverage skills to chip in a PD or two, and maybe step into a pick.

I think that Howard could have a productive game, but Suggs has the upside, and if you're set with your other guys and can afford the gamble, I'd go with Terrell.

Thoughts on Aaron Kampman @ MIN this week...

Is he a better option than these?

Mathis @ Pitt

Abraham vs NO

Harrison vs Indy

tkl(1pt) tklassist(.5) sack(4) Int(3) FF(3) FR(4) PD(1.5)

Kampman had a perfectly decent game against Minnehaha in the opener this year, which broke a mini-trend for him - he didn't much of anything against them last year despite having a fairly good track record.

Like TiMan, I'm lukewarm on Abraham in general, and Indy's reluctance to allow sacks dims Harrison's prospects. Mathis could be a factor against the Steelers who give up many, many sacks, but it seems like forever since he put together back-to-back decent tackle game....or record a sack. He did have 5 total tackles and a half-sack in his only game vs. PIT.

I'll give the edge to Kampman, and his 49 tackles/9 sacks in 13 career games against the Vikes.

hey - timmah!

do you want to maybe edit in a reminder in your op about listing scoring system and match-ups (if it's week specific)?

hey - timmah!

do you want to maybe edit in a reminder in your op about listing scoring system and match-ups (if it's week specific)?

I can dig that. B)