Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

Who do you guys like better this week:

Yerimiah Bell vs Seattle

or

Oshiomogho Atogwe @ NYJ

Edit: OR Madieu Williams Vs. GB

I'd go with Atogwe....only JT O'Sullivan was responsible for more turnovers than Favre.

Griffen or M. Williams vs. GB? 1 pt per tackle, 2 pts per sack, 3 pts per INT, 1 pt forced fumble, 3 pts per fumble rec. Thanks for the LB help. Jackson was solid thursday night.

I think I'd roll w/griff, despite last week.

I'm still skeptical williams reproduces those #'s.

Second DL spot: Ellis vs STL or Seymour vs BUF

Flex: Porter vs SEA, Suggs @ HOU or Howard vs CAR

DL (need two): Finnegan @ CHI, Hall vs CAR, Gamble @ OAK, Harper @ CHI

Thanks.

Both Ellis and Seymour have not bad but not great match-ups. But Ellis is coming at a weaker overall line from close to the same angle as Seymour and Seymour did really well and you can get to Bulger from the edges. They'll find a way to get Ellis there.

Suggs is one of my favorite plays of the week.

Now, sheesh: Hall is out for now. OAK is a weak IDP opp unless your a Sack man: Poor Tackle numbers for DBs, INT here and there, about a PD a game. Very unpredictable.

CHI yields at least -but usually only- ONE (1) solid DB score. Problem is:

Which DB?

What does Rex do to the form?

I'd take Finnegan and Gamble, because Gamble plays the Cover 2. But playing both TENN DBs covers the CHI CB angles. (You get pretty decent PD numbers if memory serves.)

Who do you like better - James Farrior, Justin Tuck, or Kirk Morrison - this week and for the rest of the season?

Tackle Solo (1)

Sack (3)

Interception (3)

Fumble Force (1)

Fumble Recovery (3)

Thanks fellas. Love the idea of this thread.

I like Tuck today, coming from the Left Side in a big rivalry game.

Then Farrior and Morrison (Carolina throws too many different looks from week to week).

But per your league scoring I'd take Morrison for the season.

ouch.

But i definitely thought Mathis and Peppers had favorable match ups this week, Freeney is available if that would be an upgrade over Mathis?

I like Peppers just fine.

are those options better than Ray Ray?

Ray this week. Morrison season.

Would Thomas Howard be a better start than Harrison, Woodley or Suggs this week?

TK - 2pts, ATK - 1 pt, Sack - 6pts, FF - 3 pts

I hate his matchup but if Woodley can't go his matchup is worse.

I hate his matchup but if Woodley can't go his matchup is worse.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Who do you guys like better this week:

Yerimiah Bell vs Seattle

or

Oshiomogho Atogwe @ NYJ

Edit: OR Madieu Williams Vs. GB

Atogwe, despite Madieau's better matchup.

Anyone know if Woodley is playing?

He is not:

Steelers declared RB Willie Parker, TE Heath Miller, CB Brant McFadden, LB LaMarr Woodley, OT Marvel Smith, OL Tony Hills and DE Orpheus Roye inactive for Week 10.

Parker has an injured shoulder that may require surgery during the offseason, but today's game is the only one he's currently slated to miss. Mewelde Moore will start in his place at tailback against the Colts. Matt Spaeth will get the start at tight end in place of Miller.

Who you like better?

Stewart Bradley PHI

Leroy Hill SEA

If the Bengals show the same commitment to the run that the Giants demonstrated on Sunday night, then Bradley could have another big game. He's your upside play, but with the understanding that his numbers have been pretty variable.

If you're looking for a "safe" pick then, go with Hill....his tackles totals have remained consistent (8+ in six of nine games), even though he doesn't help with big play points.

Yeremiah Bell or Eric Weddle?

Which one of these players should I keep as my every week DB starter? (I only start 1 per week)

1 pt per solo, .5 per ast tkl, 2 pts per pass defended, 3 pts per sack, 4 pts per turnover

I've got Josh Wilson too but I don't want to start him unless he starts getting all of the kickoff returns. Should I drop Wilson and pick up both Bell and Weddle?

Thanks for your opinions

Zach Thomas

DeMarcus Ware

Gibril Wilson

Jarod Mayo

Antonio Cromartie

Leroy Hill

Wesley Woodyard (I like this guy)

Cortland Finnegan

These are some of the guys available for me, and are projected the highest this week... Which 2 should I go with for this week? Which 2 if I were to keep them the rest of the year?

Yeremiah Bell or Eric Weddle?

Which one of these players should I keep as my every week DB starter? (I only start 1 per week)

1 pt per solo, .5 per ast tkl, 2 pts per pass defended, 3 pts per sack, 4 pts per turnover

I've got Josh Wilson too but I don't want to start him unless he starts getting all of the kickoff returns. Should I drop Wilson and pick up both Bell and Weddle?

Thanks for your opinions

GPG - I like them both, but prefer Bell.

Weddle's numbers have been a little off of late, whereas Bell is basically locked in....plus Bell's starting contribute secondary numbers, especially PD's.

They both appear to have decent matchups this weekend, and since I've already dropped Wilson for Rod Hood (whom I then waived for Eric Wright), I wouldn't have a problem with you doing the same to make room for one or the other.

Travis - I like Ware's matchup this week against a dinged Samuels, and he had a good time the last time he faced WAS. He's consistent, and you can't really go wrong with him.

I'm also a Gibril fan - have been for a long time. I'm not digging the missing secondary/big play numbers, which I attribute to the system/fact that Oakland sucks and he primarily has to defend the run (maybe TiMan can expound on that [or correct me], being a Bay area resident).

There's a lot to like about the others....Woodyard's potential based on last week, Hill's consistency, Finnegan's big play potential. But I look at Ware and Gibril as two guys you can plug into the lineup and forget about. I'd go after them.

Need to start 3 of 5:

Vilma vs KC

S Cooper vs PIT

Zach Thomas vs WAS

Woodyard vs ATL

Barton vs NE

1 pt per tackle, .5 assit, 2 sack or int., 1 point pass defended

thanks

DL (need two)

Jenkins @ NE

Seymour vs NYJ

G. Adams vs MIN

LB (need two)

Porter vs OAK

Woodley vs SC (if he plays)

Suggs @ NYG

Howard @ MIA

DB (need two)

Finnegan @ JAX

Gamble vs DET

Harper @ JAX

Flex - I need one of the above guys.

Scoring is weighted by position, i.e. tackles for LBs and DBs are 2 pts, but 3pts for DLs. Sacks are 6pts for LBs and DLs but 10 pts for DBs.

I already have Weddle and Hope, but Sean Jones is on the wire and I have an open spot to pick him up if I want.

Should I pick him up? If so, which two do I play?

Hidden
DL (need two)

Jenkins @ NE

Seymour vs NYJ

G. Adams vs MIN

LB (need two)

Porter vs OAK

Woodley vs SC (if he plays)

Suggs @ NYG

Howard @ MIA

DB (need two)

Finnegan @ JAX

Gamble vs DET

Harper @ JAX

Flex - I need one of the above guys.

Scoring is weighted by position, i.e. tackles for LBs and DBs are 2 pts, but 3pts for DLs. Sacks are 6pts for LBs and DLs but 10 pts for DBs.

Bump