Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

DL (need two)

Jenkins @ NE

Seymour vs NYJ

G. Adams vs MIN

LB (need two)

Porter vs OAK

Woodley vs SC (if he plays)

Suggs @ NYG

Howard @ MIA

DB (need two)

Finnegan @ JAX

Gamble vs DET

Harper @ JAX

Flex - I need one of the above guys.

Scoring is weighted by position, i.e. tackles for LBs and DBs are 2 pts, but 3pts for DLs. Sacks are 6pts for LBs and DLs but 10 pts for DBs.

DL- Since MIN is mostly vulnerable up the middle and Seymour and Jenkins are in good form and had usable games the first times these played I say go with tonight's foes.

LB- Porter, Howard

DB- Play both your TENN CB. It's likely that only one scores real highly but you'd have them both covered and JAX isn't a bad DB foe. I don't trust DET.

peewee - I'll take Vilma, Cooper and Woodyard from that list.....I don't know if you'll get another 10 tackls from him, but I like him a little better.

fitz - it would help if you posted the matchups, I can't remember them all.

stokers - I'd roll with what you have

Please remember folks, those of us who answer the questions can't always be around....Please don't bump questions an hour or two after posting them; we'll get to them as soon as we can. It's not like this thread is getting buried or there's so many questions all the time that it won't be noticed.

Thanks.

DL- Since MIN is mostly vulnerable up the middle and Seymour and Jenkins are in good form and had usable games the first times these played I say go with tonight's foes.

LB- Porter, Howard

DB- Play both your TENN CB. It's likely that only one scores real highly but you'd have them both covered and JAX isn't a bad DB foe. I don't trust DET.

Thanks T-Man. I have Harrison at my LB1 position so I'll start Porter and then Howard at the flex.

Zach Thomas

DeMarcus Ware

Gibril Wilson

Jarod Mayo

Antonio Cromartie

Leroy Hill

Wesley Woodyard (I like this guy)

Cortland Finnegan

These are some of the guys available for me, and are projected the highest this week... Which 2 should I go with for this week? Which 2 if I were to keep them the rest of the year?

That's just too difficult a question even if I knew your scoring system. That's a LOT of talent and anything can happen.

Love Dallas's schedule for LB so that separates DeMarcus Ware and Zach Thomas from the rest.

As Tim said Gibril Wilson- who is year in year out on one of my IDP rosters- is a must start every week despite opponent in DB mandatory leagues. That said, his schedule ain't bad for a SS.

So it comes down to those 3: Ware, Thomas and Wilson.

I'll let you pick two from that yourself, Travis, using your scoring system and own personal preference as a guide. Normally I'd throw out Zach Thomas (injury risk/age/wear) but the schedule is just too kind to him.

I too am intrigued in Wes Woodyard. But with those 3 athletes staring me in the face I gotta' go with them.

Need to start 3 of 5:

Vilma vs KC

S Cooper vs PIT

Zach Thomas vs WAS

Woodyard vs ATL

Barton vs NE

1 pt per tackle, .5 assit, 2 sack or int., 1 point pass defended

thanks

Despite the low Sack points I'd still go Vilma, Thomas and Cooper; Cooper over Woodyard because I just need to see more.

I certainly wouldn't blame you if you went Woodyard since if Cooper gets 2 sacks and 2 ST Woodyard would only need 5 ST and 3AT to top him.

stokers - I'd roll with what you have

Agreed.

j. joseph, d.whitner, b.williams, d.lowery?

Whitner

Yeremiah Bell or Eric Weddle?

Which one of these players should I keep as my every week DB starter? (I only start 1 per week)

1 pt per solo, .5 per ast tkl, 2 pts per pass defended, 3 pts per sack, 4 pts per turnover

I've got Josh Wilson too but I don't want to start him unless he starts getting all of the kickoff returns. Should I drop Wilson and pick up both Bell and Weddle?

Thanks for your opinions

I still like Wilson in your scoring because of PD (he will be picked on plenty trying to cover Boldin this weekend) and I'd try to hold off on kicking him to the curb especially this weekend when I see many kickoff return opps from a frequently scoring ARI and Forsett can't return them all.

But I like Bell and Weddle as well.

Bell, a DB that Rotoworld's Evan Silva has touted for 2 years now, I like more than Weddle. Finally healthy he is a steady contributor. I'd take him.

Who you like better?

Stewart Bradley PHI

Leroy Hill SEA

I like Bradley's schedule down the stretch and have held onto him for that very reason.

I still like Wilson in your scoring because of PD (he will be picked on plenty trying to cover Boldin this weekend) and I'd try to hold off on kicking him to the curb especially this weekend when I see many kickoff return opps from a frequently scoring ARI and Forsett can't return them all.

But I like Bell and Weddle as well.

Bell, a DB that Rotoworld's Evan Silva has touted for 2 years now, I like more than Weddle. Finally healthy he is a steady contributor. I'd take him.

Thanks for the advice. Thats exactly what I did!

LB- Porter, Howard

Seymour was HUGE!!!!!

Looking to start 3

J Peppers vs DET

S Cooper @ PITT

W Woodyard @ ATL

AJ Hawk vs CHI

2/sol - 1/ast - 1/sk - 2/int - 1/ff - 1/fr - 6/td - 2/sft - 1/pd - 1bk

TIA.

Need to start 3 of 5:

Barton vs NE

#1 LBs do well against NE.

I was not ready to say Barton is a #1, despite his performance since taking over for Harris.

Obviously Barton is outperforming Harris at the NYL Mike and needs to be accorded higher respect.

I still like your other matchups Peewee. Good luck.

#1 LBs do well against NE.

I was not ready to say Barton is a #1, despite his performance since taking over for Harris.

Obviously Barton is outperforming Harris at the NYL Mike and needs to be accorded higher respect.

I still like your other matchups Peewee. Good luck.

EDIT, KINDA: I called him the Mike but I really don't know if he has assumed that position as I haven't checked game film. He can still be raking from RILB, Weakside in the Jets 3-4.

But he is putting up major numbers and has a nice schedule to finish the season if he's still patrolling the Weakside.

Need some help with this one. Need to start 2 DBs and two DLs, who would you just plug in? For DBs the options are:

Chris Hope @ JAX (seems like a sure play)

Antoine Winfield @ TB

Erik Coleman v DEN

Chris Horton v DAL (Would have to drop Mark Bradley or Campbell for Coleman or Horton)

DLs;

Brackett v HOU

Dansby @ SEA

Fletcher v DAL

Right now I'm quit confused and am thinking Hope and Brackett are sure players and the rest are a tossup. This is a big week for me as Mayo scored 38 before the week began and I'm barely holding on to a playoff slot. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

LB- Porter, Howard

T-Man,

Now that it looks like Woodley will play, do you play him over Howard or no?

T-Man,

Now that it looks like Woodley will play, do you play him over Howard or no?

Can Woodley recreate his first game vs. Cincy and the Harvad Lad?

It's a tough call because Howard is a good bet for 5 ST-3AT base, with Sack and playmaking opps.

It comes down to this: It seems Woodley is a good bet when cleared to play. (A late call to get into the WAS game proved to be a fruitful one.) You get some great Sack points from your LB.

I think you have to go with Woodley now and hope he repeats. I hate playing the risk/reward game since it blew up in my face with LaBoy. But Woodley has a bit more of a track record this season.

Need some help with this one. Need to start 2 DBs and two DLs, who would you just plug in? For DBs the options are:

Chris Hope @ JAX (seems like a sure play)

Antoine Winfield @ TB

Erik Coleman v DEN

Chris Horton v DAL (Would have to drop Mark Bradley or Campbell for Coleman or Horton)

DLs;

Brackett v HOU

Dansby @ SEA

Fletcher v DAL

Right now I'm quit confused and am thinking Hope and Brackett are sure players and the rest are a tossup. This is a big week for me as Mayo scored 38 before the week began and I'm barely holding on to a playoff slot. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hope, Winfield

Brackett, Dansby

Looking to start 3

J Peppers vs DET

S Cooper @ PITT

W Woodyard @ ATL

AJ Hawk vs CHI

2/sol - 1/ast - 1/sk - 2/int - 1/ff - 1/fr - 6/td - 2/sft - 1/pd - 1bk

TIA.

Let me get this straight:

2 points per Solo Tackle

1 point for Sacks

?

Can Woodley recreate his first game vs. Cincy and the Harvad Lad?

It's a tough call because Howard is a good bet for 5 ST-3AT base, with Sack and playmaking opps.

It comes down to this: It seems Woodley is a good bet when cleared to play. (A late call to get into the WAS game proved to be a fruitful one.) You get some great Sack points from your LB.

I think you have to go with Woodley now and hope he repeats. I hate playing the risk/reward game since it blew up in my face with LaBoy. But Woodley has a bit more of a track record this season.

Thanks. I'll mull it over for a day or so. I already have a comfortable little 42-0 lead with Seymour's nice game last night and Jenkins pitching in. I might end up taking the "safer" route, but I doubt it.

Hope, Winfield

Brackett, Dansby

I concur.

You've already got a good group there, unless someone on the Wire really jumps out at you, there's no need to give yourself another name to create headaches over.

Let me get this straight:

2 points per Solo Tackle

1 point for Sacks

?

I get it....Sacks are essentially worth 3 points, the 2 for the Tackle, and the 1 extra for it being a Sack.

Could really use some help in a huge game this weekend, fellas. Need to pick two from these four. I'm leaning toward Morrison and Woodley. Thanks in advance!

Woodley (13.0 ppg, vs. SD)

Morrison (8.6 ppg, at MIA)

Dansby (9.4 ppg, at SEA)

Suggs (10.6 ppg, at NYG)

My scoring system:

solo tackle = 1 (assisted = 0)

PD = 1

sack = 4 (half-sacks = 0)

INT/DFR = 6

FF = 4

TD = 8 (with bonuses for 50+ and 75+)

Who would you guys rather start at DL with Robert Mathis Q, Trent Cole vs Cincy, Justin Smith vs the Niners, or Mathis facing HOU.

Also, with Bob Sanders being Q, would you guys rather start Brian Dawkins or Asante Samuel over him facing Cincy?

2pts per 3 tackles, 2pts per PD, 2pts per INT, 2pts per sack, 6pts per td.