Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

IDP Questions

Would you guys start Xavier Adibi over either of these defensive backs: Eric Wright, or Asante Samuel?

2pts per 3 tackles, 2pts per PD, 2pts per INT, 2pts per sack, 6pts per td.

Need some advice here....Im in a MUST win situation to make the playoffs and I have to try to maximize my teams scoring potential...3db's 3dl/lb 1 bench spot

1pt per tackle

.5 for assist

2pts per sack

1pt per PD

3pts per int

Ive already locked in:

Bradley @Bal

Cooper @ Ind

3rd spot is either

Adibi @ cle

Smith @ min

DB's (needs lots of help...)

Antrel Rolle @ NYG

Sanders(dont know if hes playing yet) @ SD

Jonathan Joseph (again dont know if hes playing) @ PIT

Now I need to pick up a DB or 2 depending on if any of my DB's are playing...probably gonna pick up josh wilson from seattle whos the safer drop Adibi or Daryl Smith from Jac?

Adibi could do well especially if CLE is forced to run more often due to Quinn's finger.

But I like MLBs with decent penetration skills vs. MINN. Smith fits that bill.

Start Joseph if he's going.

I've been running Stephen Cooper and Ray Lewis out every week and have been satisfied with their production. Mayo and Barton are both available and I'm thinking about switching to them this week.

Sack: 3pt

Int: 3pt

FF: 2pt

Solo tackle: 1 pt

Thanks for the input.

hello helpful people

Can you help me decide on 3 this week?

Cooper vs INDY (not great matcheup?)

Tatupa vs WAS

Greenway vs JAX

Barton vs TEN

Adbii vs CLE

Troy Polamalu vs CIN

Dhani Jones vs PIT

1 pt tackle, .5 assist, 1 pt pass defended, 2 points for a sack or INT

THANKS

hello helpful people

Can you help me decide on 3 this week?

Cooper vs INDY (not great matcheup?)

Tatupa vs WAS

Greenway vs JAX

Barton vs TEN

Adbii vs CLE

Troy Polamalu vs CIN

Dhani Jones vs PIT

1 pt tackle, .5 assist, 1 pt pass defended, 2 points for a sack or INT

THANKS

that's tough.

I'll toss polamalu and jones since the game already started.

I think one has to be adibi, greenway looks to have a pretty decent match vs jax and it's tough to look past last week, but I think tampa's actually just a really good match up, so I'll project him to come back to earth this week (which still isn't bad) and crawl out on the ice, taking cooper, who I think actually has a decent match up.

indy runs the ball, but also throws a lot of short stuff to backs, te, etc, so they're probably a better play against than you might expect --- adibi did his damage against them last week, admittedly from a somewhat different position.

tatupu/wash and barton/tenn should be a winner either way you pick it.

so, I guess I'm just smart enough to toss the 16 tackle guy......

Would you guys start Xavier Adibi over either of these defensive backs: Eric Wright, or Asante Samuel?

^^ bump my question ^^ B)

Should I start McKelvin over Finnegan or Gamble this week?

Which two at DL?

Seymour vs Miami

Jenkins vs Tenn

Adams vs DET

It's a must win for me this week.

Thanks,

Roto

BoSox - I'm giving a slight edge to Wright over Adibi; the scoring would favor Wright, who will probably be covering AJ, and Rosenfels was all about his WR's last week, unless they completely change their approach, he should do fine. I think Adibi will put up some points, but Wright is the upside play.

Stunna - I like Barton over Cooper this week. I don't know that he'll get 15 tackles, but I like his matchup better than most of the other. I think Lewis could put up some numbers if the Eagles really do turn over play-calling to Morningwheg, as he's more inclined to stick with the run than Reid, so I'd probably stick with him.

Roto - tough call at DB for me, as I think McKelvin will get targeted (do you get reutrn yards?), meanwhile, Finnegan's big play potential is enticing given that Fav-ray is a pass rush away from lobbing a jump ball his way. I'll give the edge to McKelvin, but with some reservation.

I'm not very up to date on my D-linemen, but off the top of my head, I would argue for Seymour and Jenkins.

peewee - I'm not, as I moved him out in favor of Barton. He'll probably get tackle opps with Grant carrying the mail, but I decided to go with the hot hand.

Adibi is just as likely to get a PD as Wright. Wright would have better luck playing his own team. For some odd reason that rarely happens.

So I'd play him over Samuel.

Yes- Rotohuff: Return Yards Points? Can't remember. And do you have healthy PD numbers?

I know you've told us but I can't recall where.

As Tim said McKelvin will see a lot of action across from McGee. He should see a fair amount of Kickoffs too against a very suspect and vulnerable Chiefs Kick-Off coverage unit.

Both Finnegan and Gamble have good matchups.

RET Yards are the X-factor.

NOW- I think Seymour is good for 3 ST, 1 Sack. But Adams has 2 Sack upside and is plenty capable of getting the tackles.

This is a 4th and Goal from the one. Seymour is taking the Field Goal. Adams is going for the TD.

Which will you likely need to win?

I've been running Stephen Cooper and Ray Lewis out every week and have been satisfied with their production. Mayo and Barton are both available and I'm thinking about switching to them this week.

Sack: 3pt

Int: 3pt

FF: 2pt

Solo tackle: 1 pt

Thanks for the input.

Stunny-

No PD points?

You have too many variables due to the matchups. The foes, PHI, TENN, MIA, IND, are the sort that it's the athlete that determines how far he elevates himself. That's how I see it anyway because the numbers vary from week to week.

The biggest issue is that I don't think you can really drop Lewis and Cooper to get either Mayo or Barton. Lewis and Cooper are extremely consistent.

Barton might be, but what happens when (if) Harris returns to play alongside him?

Mayo isn't quite there yet.

For the week I'd put them Mayo, Cooper, Lewis, Barton.

But Lewis is quite capable of terrorizing Donovan.

PEEWEE:

From who's left:

Edit: Tatupu, Greenway (even though JAX tilts towards MLB), Cooper

NOW- I think Seymour is good for 3 ST, 1 Sack. But Adams has 2 Sack upside and is plenty capable of getting the tackles.

This is a 4th and Goal from the one. Seymour is taking the Field Goal. Adams is going for the TD.

Sheez- I see now that it was a "Start 2".

Well, them's the 2.

Anyone giving Vilma one more chance of MNF? I read MLBs do well on GB

MLBs are indeed prolific against GB. But as Tim implies Vilma has become pretty untrustworthy. He should have been able to do more against KC.

Yes- Rotohuff: Return Yards Points? Can't remember. And do you have healthy PD numbers?

I know you've told us but I can't recall where.

As Tim said McKelvin will see a lot of action across from McGee. He should see a fair amount of Kickoffs too against a very suspect and vulnerable Chiefs Kick-Off coverage unit.

Both Finnegan and Gamble have good matchups.

RET Yards are the X-factor.

1 pt for PD; no return yardage.

I took a crushing loss last week by 2 pts. I changed out Howard for Woodley last minute and I also changed out Cedric Benson for Earnest Graham last minute. Graham got injured on the first drive and consequently, I lost by 2.2 pts.

I'm playing a weaker team this week, but he's in my division and is a game up on me and actually owns the tie-breaker.

I need to beat him and win out for a chance at a playoff spot.

Woodley had a good game for me last night but Harrison was quiet. I saw at least two times where he hit a guy and failed to wrap him up to get a tackle.....bum.

Stunny-

No PD points?

You have too many variables due to the matchups. The foes, PHI, TENN, MIA, IND, are the sort that it's the athlete that determines how far he elevates himself. That's how I see it anyway because the numbers vary from week to week.

The biggest issue is that I don't think you can really drop Lewis and Cooper to get either Mayo or Barton. Lewis and Cooper are extremely consistent.

Barton might be, but what happens when (if) Harris returns to play alongside him?

Mayo isn't quite there yet.

For the week I'd put them Mayo, Cooper, Lewis, Barton.

But Lewis is quite capable of terrorizing Donovan.

Thanks. I'll probably keep it consistent with how I've been going lately, and that's Cooper and Lewis. Our league really rewards the high tackle numbers so I try to skew towards that. Mayo seems like he really racks them up (not just last week's monster performance) so that's why I was looking at plugging him in this week.

Would you play Mayo over either Lewis or Cooper? I'm not worried about dropping either guy because I'd be fairly certain I could re-acquire them later in the week.

PEEWEE:

From who's left:

Edit: Tatupu, Greenway (even though JAX tilts towards MLB), Cooper

PW- I'm going to put Cooper in front of Greenway. I thought about it and I just think it makes more sense.

Stunny- If I was going to bench either I'd lean towards Cooper because I have this strange feeling that Lewis keeps up his recent tear despite what on paper is the statistically inferior matchup.

This comes from analysis not based upon straight stats but what we know of the individual player's styles and characteristics. I feel that Lewis is going to be able to get inside McNabb's head. Lewis can force mistakes and McNabb can make mistakes.

Let's also note that rookie Baltimore Head Coach John Harbaugh got there by tuning his resume up at Philadelphia for the past 10 years. While a Special Teams and Secondary Coach isn't exactly the same as having been their OFF Coordinator, Harbaugh has proven himself a capable HC and thusly should have a good grasp on Philly's gameplan (such as it is, unchanged since the last millenium, set in stone, forever and ever, not to be changed under any circumstance, especially godforbid in-game, even if they're losing). The Defender who will carry most of this knowledge with him out on the field will be Ray Lewis, Captain of the Defense, the Mike who directs traffic.

See? Really attractive on a less than statistical level.

But even though I told you what I'd do, in the end, I can't recommend to you who to play between Cooper and Mayo because, Stunny, statistically I should be touting both of them over Lewis.

I will say this: The reason I'd go Mayo over Cooper is that:

) Mayo has proven to have a higher ceiling;

)Mayo had a great game against Miami in week 3

So, in the very convoluted end: If you want to play it smart go with Mayo and Cooper. They should account for 7ST apiece with upside. If you want to take a chance that my psychological and strategic angles pay off in turnovers, go RayRay.

I need a little help this week at DB...Im pretty sure these are all decent choices but please pick two out of Josh Wilson (vs WAS), Yerimiah Bell (vs NE) or Oshiomogho Atogwe (vs CHI). Points are as follows: 2 for Solo, 1 for assist and PD, 4 for each INT, Sack and FF. We also get 1 point for every 20 return yards. Thanks for any insight.

Thanks Titanium man,

So the question remains

Dumerville vs Oak

Peppers vs Atlanta

Mario Williams vs Browns

Second question

Finnagin vs jets

Tillman vs rams

I need a little help this week at DB...Im pretty sure these are all decent choices but please pick two out of Josh Wilson (vs WAS), Yerimiah Bell (vs NE) or Oshiomogho Atogwe (vs CHI). Points are as follows: 2 for Solo, 1 for assist and PD, 4 for each INT, Sack and FF. We also get 1 point for every 20 return yards. Thanks for any insight.

While I -or rather the numbers- favor Free Safeties against NE, Bell is THE Safety in Miami and I think you have to start him with your nice 2pts per ST.

Then, at this point I can't call Atogwe vs. Wilson. Neither has a good matchup and for Wilson that extends to the return Game.

I'll mull this one over. Perhaps someone else can offer something of value.

While I -or rather the numbers- favor Free Safeties against NE, Bell is THE Safety in Miami and I think you have to start him with your nice 2pts per ST.

Then, at this point I can't call Atogwe vs. Wilson. Neither has a good matchup and for Wilson that extends to the return Game.

I'll mull this one over. Perhaps someone else can offer something of value.

This is my first time ever playing with IDP so I am not really sure which teams offer good matchups to DB's. Do you just look for teams that throw the ball a lot and maybe have a QB who throws a lot of INT's? I can always try to sneak someone off of waivers if you say that these matchups are bad ones. I am just not really sure what an attractive matchup for DB's would be.