Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PhantasyPhreak5821

Gerald Wallace

will he return to Charlotte? i could see him being a good fit in LA with Kobe. but as a Bobcats fan, i hope they give him whatever it takes to come back. aside from durability problems he is a top flight player, IMO.

I think the options are resigning with Charlotte or sign-and-trade, but then again he probably won't get close to the max (estimate maybe $9-10m/year), so I'm not sure which teams would have space to sign him.

Usually, sign-and-trades are the most common avenue for someone making that much.

Wallace would fit really well on the Magic. He would fit on the Lakers too if they get Jermaine O'Neal.

Orlando huh? Wallace would be a real nice compliment to Howard, and if the Magic land Carter as well that would make a hella trio.

If the Sonics don't resign Rashard I could see him landing in Seattle...

I'm not sure of this, because Seattle will be drafting Durant, who will probably get a starting gig right off the bat. If they don't plan on playing Wallace at the 4, it's not likely they will give him much money, and i don't think Wallace likes the idea of playing at the PF spot and banging against the likes of Duncan, Garnett, Howard, Nowitzki, Brand, Jermaine O'Neal, ..., night in and night out.

im thrilled that Wallace is returning to Charlotte. with the aquisition of J-Rich and the Bobcats resigning Wallace & Carroll i believe they make the playoffs this year. this of course is all dependent on Okafor, Wallace and the rest of the team remaining relatively healthy.

im thrilled that Wallace is returning to Charlotte. with the aquisition of J-Rich and the Bobcats resigning Wallace & Carroll i believe they make the playoffs this year. this of course is all dependent on Okafor, Wallace and the rest of the team remaining relatively healthy.

sorry to burst your bubble but CHA will not make the playoffs. they simply cant score enough, even with the addition of JR. they wont get into the playoffs til felton improves his ability to run a team. i've tracked his progress and watched some bobcat games last yr and the guy just isnt a smart PG...just like how he was in college. he's seriously lagging in terms of his understanding of the game, especially compared to the other PGs in his draft class. i think he'd be better served as a scoring combo guard. since CHA re-signed wallace maybe they can parlay s.may for a veteran who can run a team. i have no idea why the bobcats waived knight, felton still needs a mentor.

I think the options are resigning with Charlotte or sign-and-trade, but then again he probably won't get close to the max (estimate maybe $9-10m/year), so I'm not sure which teams would have space to sign him.

Well I'll be, Wallace signed a deal for $9.5m/year with the Bobcats!

sorry to burst your bubble but CHA will not make the playoffs. they simply cant score enough, even with the addition of JR. they wont get into the playoffs til felton improves his ability to run a team. i've tracked his progress and watched some bobcat games last yr and the guy just isnt a smart PG...just like how he was in college. he's seriously lagging in terms of his understanding of the game, especially compared to the other PGs in his draft class. i think he'd be better served as a scoring combo guard. since CHA re-signed wallace maybe they can parlay s.may for a veteran who can run a team. i have no idea why the bobcats waived knight, felton still needs a mentor.

considering how weak the Eastern Conference is the Bobcats have an excellent chance of making the playoffs. what you are saying about Felton is point on, and perhaps the Cats can still aquire a decent PG to couple with Felton. i remain optomistic as long as possible.

considering how weak the Eastern Conference is the Bobcats have an excellent chance of making the playoffs. what you are saying about Felton is point on, and perhaps the Cats can still aquire a decent PG to couple with Felton. i remain optomistic as long as possible.

they might have a shot, but out the teams in the east that made the playoffs last yr, none of em really took a step back this offseason. in fact, alot of teams in the east improved over the summer. who knows how good the knicks will be with randolph in the fold, but they and the celtics could be in the mix as well for that last spot. in CHA's own division, the magic and wizards will both be better teams. also if the heat somehow land mo williams, which is the rumor, theyll be better too.

they might have a shot, but out the teams in the east that made the playoffs last yr, none of em really took a step back this offseason. in fact, alot of teams in the east improved over the summer. who knows how good the knicks will be with randolph in the fold, but they and the celtics could be in the mix as well for that last spot. in CHA's own division, the magic and wizards will both be better teams. also if the heat somehow land mo williams, which is the rumor, theyll be better too.

it appears as if Mo Williams will be returning to Milwaukee.

you are right about none of the playoff teams taking steps back, but the Cats are moving forward and hopefully that will be enough. i am a fan, so im perhaps overestimating them some but i do believe they are moving in the right direction. keeping Wallace is huge, it is even bigger than getting J-Rich.

it appears as if Mo Williams will be returning to Milwaukee.

you are right about none of the playoff teams taking steps back, but the Cats are moving forward and hopefully that will be enough. i am a fan, so im perhaps overestimating them some but i do believe they are moving in the right direction. keeping Wallace is huge, it is even bigger than getting J-Rich.

the Bobcats will make the playoffs this year...with all that talent, its up to the coach now to make it work...

Crash won me my first fantasy basketball championship last year...he was an absolute beast last year, and am hoping to get him in the 3rd round this year

the Bobcats will make the playoffs this year...with all that talent, its up to the coach now to make it work...

Crash won me my first fantasy basketball championship last year...he was an absolute beast last year, and am hoping to get him in the 3rd round this year

i cant believe just how slept on Crash really is. i remember during a draft before last season i selected him in the 3rd or 4th round and got all sorts of criticism from my leaguemtes. they didnt really know much about him. like you Csquared,down the stretch crash led me to a title. im not sure if the secret is out, but i am definately willing to go round 2 if need be to get Walace. to me he is marginally a late first round talent.

You could argue he's late first round talent if not for his well known injury record.

He also led me to a title last year, and i'm very happy for it, but i wouldn't draft him in the second round. Too much of a risk to me. Last year, even it being the healthiest year of his career, he missed 10 games.

Too much of a risk for my second rounder.