Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spundin

2007 draftees

I'm leaning towards GTech's catcher, Wieters, if they get him signed.

I'm leaning towards GTech's catcher, Wieters, if they get him signed.

Agreed, he looks like a major league ready prospect. I was joking with a friend that since Ramon is on the DL, Wieters will get the call once he's signed.

Agreed, he looks like a major league ready prospect. I was joking with a friend that since Ramon is on the DL, Wieters will get the call once he's signed.

I'd say Casey WEathers for Colorado..college closers usually move very fast in the Huston Street / Chad Cordero mold. And the Rox might trade Brian Fuentes at the deadline so Weathers could be used in the Rox bullpen.

I know the Tigers are already stacked with pitching prospects, but does Porcello have any chance of maybe being called up for bull pen help with how terrible theirs has been and the possibility of Zumaya not coming back (Leyland said he doesn't expect him to pitch this year again)? Not sure what they plan on doing with him but I could see that happening.

I know the Tigers are already stacked with pitching prospects, but does Porcello have any chance of maybe being called up for bull pen help with how terrible theirs has been and the possibility of Zumaya not coming back (Leyland said he doesn't expect him to pitch this year again)? Not sure what they plan on doing with him but I could see that happening.

this season? Theres no way any major league oranization would put that type of pressure on there 1st round pick. I'd say Hell spend sometime in each level of there minors .. even if its for a month or 2 just to get his feet wet....

this season? Theres no way any major league oranization would put that type of pressure on there 1st round pick. I'd say Hell spend sometime in each level of there minors .. even if its for a month or 2 just to get his feet wet....

Casey Weathers has the best chance.

Porcello is a HS pitcher, and no chance he is up this season.

They did it last year with Miller so i am sure there is a way. But I doubt.

Oh don't get me wrong, I was just speculating as to if that was even an option. By no means do I think or expect it to happen. It's actually nice to get some input on it from Tigers fans though, so you think there is no chance it happens?

BTW did Porcello come out of HS or college?

Oh don't get me wrong, I was just speculating as to if that was even an option. By no means do I think or expect it to happen. It's actually nice to get some input on it from Tigers fans though, so you think there is no chance it happens?

BTW did Porcello come out of HS or college?

He is a High School Pitcher.

Ahhhhhhhhh well nevermind that then, I thought he came out of college as a Jr. or Sr. for some reason.

Weathers is clearly the one on the fast track.

As long as Ramon is around, no reason for the O's to start Wieter's service time clock - it's not like he'll make the difference between contending and losing.

As for Porcello, agreed on all counts - he & Vitters might end up being the best pitcher/position player (emphasize *might*), but they're both at least 2, probably 3 seasons away at best.