Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quickster12

If you didnt watch the Sopranos dont read.

I no its off topic but I wasnt an avid watcher of the Soprano's but would some care to explain to me what that ending means cuz it has to have some type of message i dont think theyd just end it as something as simple as them just being at the diner. Unless that guy who went to the bathroom was going to kill the entire family thats the only conclusion i could come up with.

Is this fantasy baseball? Think it belongs in the "Off Topic" section.

Is this fantasy baseball? Think it belongs in the "Off Topic" section.

Yea i no it does but this would draw more feedback and the feedback would be quicker due to more people on this forum.

I know this might not really be baseball related in a way, but I mean they do use baseball bats on people sometimes so I guess its close enough.

Anyone see the ending tonight, what the heck was that about. Does he get shot, does he go to jail. That ending was pretty lame.

I enjoyed the ending. I suppose if there isnt a movie made then it is up to the individual to decide what happened to Tony.

I hated the ending. If I wanted to decide for myself what happened, why watch the show? Very disappointing. The Phil Leotardo scene was classic Sopranos though.

I thought the whole show other than the Phil scene was LAME. I starting yelling at the TV when the screen went black at the end b/c I thought my TV went out and I was going to miss the grand finale.... then the credits starting rolling and I was like WTF?

I starting yelling at the TV when the screen went black at the end b/c I thought my TV went out and I was going to miss the grand finale.... then the credits starting rolling and I was like WTF?

Me too.

Very dissappointing, unless there is a movie.

The Phil scene was great! I hated him. The tire running over his head was awsome! Damn I'm gonna miss the show. B)

I thought the whole show other than the Phil scene was LAME. I starting yelling at the TV when the screen went black at the end b/c I thought my TV went out and I was going to miss the grand finale.... then the credits starting rolling and I was like WTF?

Haha -- so did I. I actually rewinded my DVR to see if I missed something.

Didnt someonelse post this like 20 minutes ago?

Yea that would be me. lol

I starting yelling at the TV when the screen went black at the end b/c I thought my TV went out and I was going to miss the grand finale.... then the credits starting rolling and I was like WTF?

I was like u gotta be kiddin me, my tv goes out at the end. I was askin if the other tvs were out and then the credits ran. I was like I watched the last 2 seasons to see them eating onion rings WTF! I was like this is a joke. Overall I think the show itself is great and I hafta watch it all from the begining of Season 1, but this ending is unacceptable.

I feel like I have Blue Balls right now. I still can't get over it! All this build-up..then that! WTF

Well, the way I'm going to interpret it is that Tony got shot at the end. If you remember the scene with Tony and Bobby on the boat, Bobby says "I bet you don't even hear it when it happens. It just fades to black," so that comments probably ties in with the ending. He kept looking up to see his family arrive, one after the other. When AJ and Carmella arrived, the camera viewpoint could be considered Tony's eyes. Just as Meadow was about to walk in, black. Dead. This was the only episode of the Sopranos that didn't end with music playing as the credits began to roll.

I feel like I have Blue Balls right now. I still can't get over it! All this build-up..then that! WTF

It was a pretty uneventful series finale, true. However, this pretty much sets the stage for a movie or another season. I actually love the fact that everyone was expecting this huge ending and it turns out to be nothing. David Chase is a great joker.

It was a pretty uneventful series finale, true. However, this pretty much sets the stage for a movie or another season. I actually love the fact that everyone was expecting this huge ending and it turns out to be nothing. David Chase is a great joker.

I hope it wasn't a joke, because its really not funny. I've invested years of my life on this show and paid HBO some serious cash over time. I deserve to know what the outcome is if this is truly the Sopranos swan song.

Awful episode.

I hope it wasn't a joke, because its really not funny. I've invested years of my life on this show and paid HBO some serious cash over time. I deserve to know what the outcome is if this is truly the Sopranos swan song.

Awful episode.

The 'Finale' is that the show ended with Tony still in charge on NJ. But trust me, we're not done with the Sopranos. They've left the door wide open for a movie or another season.

Tony Is Dead..............

A) First episode of this season Bobby says you don't hear it when you're shot.

B - Second to last episode of this season, Tony flashes to Bobby saying you don't hear it when you're shot.

C) The entire story arc was about Tony - when Tony's gone, the arc is done.

D) In the diner, every time someone walked through the door, the perspective changed to Tony's as he looked up

E) After the last bell jingle, just as the perspective changed to Tony's everything went black and silent - as though the person whose perspective we were to shift to was no longer alive

F) The cat was a reminder that Tony killed Chris, and had Adriana killed. The cat was a reminder that Tony's a bad guy - who has it coming.

G) There was so much symmetry between Phil's execution in front of his family and Tony's last moments

H) We all know how much Godfather III ruined the Godfather movies. I think the focus on Meadow was a reference to the Godfather. David Chase didn't end it the way Godfather III ended. This time the boss gets killed.

I) Every other episode ended in music during the credits. This one had no music because Tony's dead.

J) Episode titles have always meant something. This episode's title referred to Bobby's gift of the gun to Tony. When he gave it to him he made the comment about how everything would just go silent when you were shot.

K) The ending was so incredibly brilliant. We all felt what it was like to be Tony in those final five minutes. We all felt nervous, anxious, just as he must have felt. After being absorbed into Tony's experience, we were left with silence and blackness like death because...

Tony is dead.

You're looking way too much into this. We never see Tony or the family get shot. David Chase was just playing off our paranoia that something bad would happen.

Tony Is Dead..............

A) First episode of this season Bobby says you don't hear it when you're shot.

B - Second to last episode of this season, Tony flashes to Bobby saying you don't hear it when you're shot.

C) The entire story arc was about Tony - when Tony's gone, the arc is done.

D) In the diner, every time someone walked through the door, the perspective changed to Tony's as he looked up

E) After the last bell jingle, just as the perspective changed to Tony's everything went black and silent - as though the person whose perspective we were to shift to was no longer alive

F) The cat was a reminder that Tony killed Chris, and had Adriana killed. The cat was a reminder that Tony's a bad guy - who has it coming.

G) There was so much symmetry between Phil's execution in front of his family and Tony's last moments

H) We all know how much Godfather III ruined the Godfather movies. I think the focus on Meadow was a reference to the Godfather. David Chase didn't end it the way Godfather III ended. This time the boss gets killed.

I) Every other episode ended in music during the credits. This one had no music because Tony's dead.

J) Episode titles have always meant something. This episode's title referred to Bobby's gift of the gun to Tony. When he gave it to him he made the comment about how everything would just go silent when you were shot.

K) The ending was so incredibly brilliant. We all felt what it was like to be Tony in those final five minutes. We all felt nervous, anxious, just as he must have felt. After being absorbed into Tony's experience, we were left with silence and blackness like death because...

Tony is dead.

There's no RIGHT or WRONG answer. That's the way they wanted it.

Awful episode.

I happened to like the ending a lot but I can see why people are complaining. That being said, it was in no way an "awful episode."