Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacojax

So, its August 2009 and your draft is here!

Assuming this is a 12 team, 4 pt passing TD, 0.5 PPR, how would it play out in your mind?

1-Peterson

2-Barber

3-Portis

4-Gore

5-Forte

6-C. Johnson

7-Westbrook

8-Tomlinson

9-Turner

10-Lynch

11-Addai

12-Brees

On the bubble- Jones-Drew, Megatron (with a new QB in Detroit), S. Jackson (can he ever stay healthy)

Assuming this is a 12 team, 4 pt passing TD, 0.5 PPR, how would it play out in your mind?

Don't know too many leagues that play 4 pt passing TDs. Or 1/2 PPR for that matter (even though most of my leagues do, this is the first year with it and only because I am the commish in 3 out of 4 of them).

EDIT: That said, I pretty much agree with your players. I'd go-

1-AD

2-Westbrook

3-Gore

4-Barber

5-Portis

6-Forte

7-C. Johnson

8-Turner

9-Lynch

10-Addai

11-LT

12-Sjax

13-MJD

14-Brees

15-Jacobs

1. Peterson, 2. Westbrook, 3. Forte, 4. MJD, 5. Turner, 6. Marion Barber, 7. Portis, 8. Lynch, 9. LT, 10. Chris Johnson, 11. Gore, 12. Brandon Jacobs

Don't know too many leagues that play 4 pt passing TDs. Or 1/2 PPR for that matter (even though most of my leagues do, this is the first year with it and only because I am the commish in 3 out of 4 of them).

Ok, what is "standard" for you then?

Ok, what is "standard" for you then?

"Standard" to me is 6 pts/passing TD and either PPR or no PPR. 1/2 PPR is preferred by me, and many others, and I even would love to see my leagues go 4 pts/passing TD, but neither of those are very widespread, in my experience. Like the list, though, and still agree on the players chosen even with the scoring difference.

"Standard" to me is 6 pts/passing TD and either PPR or no PPR. 1/2 PPR is preferred by me, and many others, and I even would love to see my leagues go 4 pts/passing TD, but neither of those are very widespread, in my experience. Like the list, though, and still agree on the players chosen even with the scoring difference.

Fair enough, I am in the same position as you, the commish of a few leagues and I have made this the "standard" for my leagues. 6 pts for passing TD is ridiculous and I feel like the 1/2 PPR gives WRs and pass catching RBs a little extra value but not too much.

With those settings...

1. AP

2. Westbrook

3. Forte (I do believe he's the number 1 scoring back in PPR leagues right now)

4. Portis

5. MB3

6. Turner

7. Gore

8. Lynch

9. Chris Johnson

10. Addai

11. LT

12. MJD (especially if F.Taylor is gone)

I hope you guys realize that Jacobs is a FA...His value is dependent on where he signs. Owners in keeper leagues should pray that NYG forks up the cash. As for Brees, I don't think there's a clear number 1 QB right now. Brees has been a bit up and down lately. Warner has been consistent. P.Manning could easily make himself a boarderline first rounder with his easy schedule. If any non backs make it in the first round, it'll be a WR but not Megatron. It'll be one of the guys from Arizona. If Megatron does get a QB, he'll be a great value pick in the 2nd or 3rd with his upside. For the record, I wouldn't take LT in the first which means he's gonna bounce back or AVG 40 points against me next year.

Andre Johnson should be the first WR taken off the board next year

Spoken from the guy who has Johnson as his WR and who's screen name is Go Texans Go. That being said I hope Johnson has a huge next couple of weeks for me!

1 - Peterson, duh.

2 - Westy, when healthy he can pull in 3 anyweek.

3 - Gore, with a better team would easily be higher.

4 - Barber, solid. But Felix Jones doesn't help him.

5 - Portis, great runner but not sure how much he has left.

6 - Chris Johnson, if ANYTHING happens to LenDale then move him up to around 3.

7 - Matt Forte, looking like a SOLID ppr/ standard league scoring for the whole year.

8 - Bush, when playing full go he scores. (PPR or Return yardage league a little higher on the list.)

9 - Tomlinson, he's still got it.

10 - Owens, might be a stretch but WITH Romo he's probably the most dangerous in the league.

With those settings...

1. AP

2. Westbrook

3. Forte (I do believe he's the number 1 scoring back in PPR leagues right now)

4. Portis

5. MB3

6. Turner

7. Gore

8. Lynch

9. Chris Johnson

10. Addai

11. LT

12. MJD (especially if F.Taylor is gone)

I hope you guys realize that Jacobs is a FA...His value is dependent on where he signs. Owners in keeper leagues should pray that NYG forks up the cash. As for Brees, I don't think there's a clear number 1 QB right now. Brees has been a bit up and down lately. Warner has been consistent. P.Manning could easily make himself a boarderline first rounder with his easy schedule. If any non backs make it in the first round, it'll be a WR but not Megatron. It'll be one of the guys from Arizona. If Megatron does get a QB, he'll be a great value pick in the 2nd or 3rd with his upside. For the record, I wouldn't take LT in the first which means he's gonna bounce back or AVG 40 points against me next year.

Your crazy to not take LT in the first round...

I dont see a reason to take a QB in the first round. 2nd round may be pushing it. I expect the top QB to go late 2nd early 3rd

1 - Peterson, duh.

7 - Matt Forte, looking like a SOLID ppr/ standard league scoring for the whole year.

8 - Bush, when playing full go he scores. (PPR or Return yardage league a little higher on the list.)

10 - Owens, might be a stretch but WITH Romo he's probably the most dangerous in the league.

I can't agree with Bush in the 1st round. Would take Turner, MJD, Jacobs over him.

1 - Peterson, duh.

Not really feeling Owens at #10. He wasn't a 1st rounder this year, let alone 2009

I dont see a reason to take a QB in the first round. 2nd round may be pushing it. I expect the top QB to go late 2nd early 3rd

I wouldn't do it, but the highest-scoring QB from the year prior ALWAYS goes in the 2nd round the next year. Nobody will take Warner in the 2nd, so Brees is the next option. He'll be a near-unanimous 2nd-rounder next year.

EDIT: That said, I pretty much agree with your players. I'd go-

1-AD

2-Westbrook

3-Gore

4-Barber

5-Portis

6-Forte

7-C. Johnson

8-Turner

9-Lynch

10-Addai

11-LT

12-Sjax

13-MJD

14-Brees

15-Jacobs

Good list. I would move LT up..he is not the normal LT but he is better than Addai.

Most people will, and I probably will too just for value. The more important issue here is if SD can fix itself in the offseason.

I wouldn't do it, but the highest-scoring QB from the year prior ALWAYS goes in the 2nd round the next year. Nobody will take Warner in the 2nd, so Brees is the next option. He'll be a near-unanimous 2nd-rounder next year.

I'd say end of first for Brees, first couple picks in the second for Warner.

Most people will, and I probably will too just for value. The more important issue here is if SD can fix itself in the offseason.

It has a problem yes. But you can't disregard the fact that he is still have a top 12 rb year. He's consistent and he is a clear #1

With a 12-team, 6pts All TD's, .5 PPR, my board would look like this:

First Round:

AP

Barber

Gore

Westbrook

Forte

Lynch

C. Johnson

M. Turner

Portis

LT

SJAX

Addai

Second Round:

Jacobs

MJD

Brees

Andre Johnson

Bush

Boldin

TO

Romo

Fitz

Calvin Johnson

Manning

Thomas Jones

I'm not sure Turner is first round material in any type of PPR leagues, he will lucky to catch 5 balls all year.

I'm not sure Turner is first round material in any type of PPR leagues, he will lucky to catch 5 balls all year.

Yea but who else would you put in first round then? Jacobs doesn't catch either...SJax?

What he lacks in receptions he makes up for in short TD runs. He is the only goalline option in that offense and shouldnt change next season.

Yea but who else would you put in first round then? Jacobs doesn't catch either...SJax?

Personally, in my PPR leagues I'd risk it with SJax (this is assuming no major surgeries affecting his camps and what not) over a Turner. I've witnesses the damage Turner can do first hand in my 1 PPR dynasty league. Seems hit or miss, a 50 yard day on the ground is 5 pts. tops out of him. Someone else on the other hand like a Forte maybe, can get 3/4 catches and 20+ yards even on that bad day and help you out a little more.

What he lacks in receptions he makes up for in short TD runs. He is the only goalline option in that offense and shouldnt change next season.

He has 6 games with a TD and 6 without a TD, not exactly consistent there.

How can Addai go in the first round? He's on the field like 60% of the time now, obviously a timeshare with Rhodes. Jacobs is in the same situation. I'd take Turner, especially in his second year, he'll be stronger (he hasn't hit that rookie wall, either)