Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacojax

So, its August 2009 and your draft is here!

Bush should be a first rounder in a PPR league i don't care what anyone says yes i do think he can't run worth crap but still he'll have at least 5 catch's a game.

He has 6 games with a TD and 6 without a TD, not exactly consistent there.

Yeah, but that offense is clearly building towards something there. FWIW, in my 1/2 PPR league, Turner is the 3rd-highest scoring RB, behind Matt Forte and Thomas Jones. A young RB, with that kind of year behind him, in that young offense HAS to be a 1st rounder next year. End of first round, but still first.

He has 6 games with a TD and 6 without a TD, not exactly consistent there.

Both good points (about his off-games and lack of catches).

I still like him somewhere late in the first round though. QB's are valuable with these settings (My main money league). Reggie Wayne could probably go in the second, borderline with Jennings, Roddy White, and Brandon Marshall, in my opinion.

How can Addai go in the first round? He's on the field like 60% of the time now, obviously a timeshare with Rhodes. Jacobs is in the same situation. I'd take Turner, especially in his second year, he'll be stronger (he hasn't hit that rookie wall, either)

Addai in PPR league is going to get your 40 or so receptions, so in a 0.5 PPR league we're talking the sum or 4 TDs right there. That's not to even factor in the extra yardage, which should be around 200/300, and any potential receiving TDs.

Yeah, but that offense is clearly building towards something there. FWIW, in my 1/5 PPR league, Turner is the 3rd-highest scoring RB, behind Matt Forte and Thomas Jones. A young RB, with that kind of year behind him, in that young offense HAS to be a 1st rounder next year. End of first round, but still first.

Yeah, Turner is actually the 19th overall player in my 1 PPR league, and the 5th RB (MJD has a chance as passing him tonight though). In PPR league I just prefer versatility out of my RB as it tends to lead towards mroe consistancy.

Heh...I meant to say 1/2 PPR...not 1/5 PPR. Heh. 1/5 would be nutty.

Heh...I meant to say 1/2 PPR...not 1/5 PPR. Heh. 1/5 would be nutty.

One of the leagues I'm in is 2 PPR, that's freakin nutty.

(none of that has influenced my argument either, I don't even take that league all that seriously except the $$$ part)

"Standard" to me is 6 pts/passing TD and either PPR or no PPR. 1/2 PPR is preferred by me, and many others, and I even would love to see my leagues go 4 pts/passing TD, but neither of those are very widespread, in my experience. Like the list, though, and still agree on the players chosen even with the scoring difference.

umm....Yahoo's default passing TD's is 4p/TD.

I'd say 95% of Yahoo leagues use this setting and that is pretty widespread

One of the leagues I'm in is 2 PPR, that's freakin nutty.

(none of that has influenced my argument either, I don't even take that league all that seriously except the $$$ part)

Geez you must have WR's putting up 30 points consistently. That's crazy. We did full PPR in first year of our main money league, and even that was too much. What we have played for the past 3 years is my favorite: 6pts all TD's, .5 PPR, 1pts per 10 yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 pass

Geez you must have WR's putting up 30 points consistently. That's crazy. We did full PPR in first year of our main money league, and even that was too much. What we have played for the past 3 years is my favorite: 6pts all TD's, .5 PPR, 1pts per 10 yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 pass

The whole scoring in general is odd, an average score is at least 180, and I've put up 300+ before in a single week lol. I digress though, enough hijacking for now.

Bush should be a first rounder in a PPR league i don't care what anyone says yes i do think he can't run worth crap but still he'll have at least 5 catch's a game.

Disagree, injury concerns should keep him out of the 1st round even in a PPR league

Personally, in my PPR leagues I'd risk it with SJax (this is assuming no major surgeries affecting his camps and what not) over a Turner. I've witnesses the damage Turner can do first hand in my 1 PPR dynasty league. Seems hit or miss, a 50 yard day on the ground is 5 pts. tops out of him. Someone else on the other hand like a Forte maybe, can get 3/4 catches and 20+ yards even on that bad day and help you out a little more.

That's valid. I like my backs to catch even in non PPR leagues lol. However, I was trying to do a consensus rankings not a personal one.

umm....Yahoo's default passing TD's is 4p/TD.

I'd say 95% of Yahoo leagues use this setting and that is pretty widespread

Really!? Ha ha...oh man. Shows how long it's been since I've been in a public league. My bad!

Guest ciderjack6

LOL at Westy being in there.

The guy is going to be 30 years old by opening day next year and is already showing serious signs of decline.

The guy is going to be 30 years old by opening day next year and is already showing serious signs of decline.

Right, I think most of the people putting Westy there probably don't have him on their team. They see the few 3-4 td games and drool but don't pay attention to the 3-4 game stretches where he looks like an old man breaking down. There's no chance I would take him top 3 next year.

Guest ciderjack6

1. AP

2. Brees

3. MoJo

4. Marion Barber

5. Portis

6. Steven Jackson

7. Forte

8. Turner

9. Jacobs

10. Lynch

11. Romo

12. Andre Johnson

I dont care how good he is, the only way I would draft him again would be at 12 and there is no chance he will be there in any league. He has been a headache and a half all season.

Right, I think most of the people putting Westy there probably don't have him on their team. They see the few 3-4 td games and drool but don't pay attention to the 3-4 game stretches where he looks like an old man breaking down. There's no chance I would take him top 3 next year.

LT had all the signs of a break down going into this year though more subtle I guess, but that didn't stop people from taking him first overall. Most people here also have him in the first or boarderline first for next year...

1. AP

2. Brees

3. MoJo

4. Marion Barber

5. Portis

6. Steven Jackson

7. Forte

8. Turner

9. Jacobs

10. Lynch

11. Romo

12. Andre Johnson

The guy who chortles at Westbrook in the Top 10 has Brees at 2? Have Brady and Peyton taught you nothing?

I'm surprised at the MJD love, I guess everyone expects Fred Taylor to be gone finally. I have had MJD the last 2 years and when he's good his games are nice, but man he has some stinkers everyone once in awhile. I guess PPR helps even out his value.

We get to keep 2 players in my league (6 PTS for all TD's and 1 PT for every 10 yards rush/rec and no PPR). Our rules are weird where you have to decide very early on who to keep and I'm not certain who I'll keep for next year. My options are Tommy Brady, MJD, Michael Turner and Reggie Bush. Guess I'd go with MJD and Turner..maybe Brady since pass TDs are worth 6.

I play in a 6 points per passing TD league with significant bonuses for achieving production levels and long distance scores and if I had the #2 pick and AP was gone, I'd take Brees.

In our league, he's got 340 points in 12 games and the point discrepancy between him and the 12th place QB (Chad Pennington, 195 points) is way larger than it is between the #1 RB (Michael Turner, 235 points) and the 12th RB (MJD, 169 points) and slightly larger than the difference between #1 RB and #24 RB (Kevin Smith, 113 points).

Good list. I would move LT up..he is not the normal LT but he is better than Addai.

see below list...

My league is a yardage league that favors receiving backs.

1) Peterson

2) Westbrook

3) Bush

4) Barber

5) Portis

6) Forte

7) Gore

8) SJax

9) LT

10) Turner

11) CJohnson (4.2)

12) Addai

Guest ciderjack6
The guy who chortles at Westbrook in the Top 10 has Brees at 2? Have Brady and Peyton taught you nothing?

Oh you want my top 12? I thought we were doing it as we thought it would go down in the majority drafts come August.

My biggest disagreement with the OP is his placement of Portis. He will never do this again.

Top 5 QB's:

1. Drew Brees (healthy Colston and new found stud in Moore; the Saints need to focus on DEFENSE! Indoors more than half the year and now they have Pierre Thomas coming on...yikes)

2. Tony Romo (if healthy, just scary)

3. Tom Brady (it's Tom Brady with the same 18-0 offensive elements and maybe a new running back and #3 receiver?)

4. Jay Cutler (another year to develop with 2 impressive receivers)

5. Peyton Manning (slightly dropping but it's still Peyton)

HM: Rivers (new WR weapon maybe?) and Rodgers and Warner (if he has Boldin back that is)

Top 5 RB's

1. Marion Barber (animal)

2. Adrian Peterson (see above)

3. Matt Forte (so impressive, just imagine if the Bears had a passing game and a new QB)

4. Chris Johnson (should be awesome)

5. LT (fading but still dangerous)

HM: Thomas Jones (if Favre is back), Deangelo Williams (who cares about Stewart right now?), Frank Gore in PPR

Top 5 WR's

1. Calvin Johnson (imagine what this guy could do with a real QB)

2. Randy Moss (gets Tom Brady back)

3. Roddy White (scary what the Ryan to White tandem can do in year 2)

4. TO (crazy dangerous if Romo is healthy but a head case like Ocho Cinco -riskiest on list)

5. Anquan Boldin (an animal but somewhat an injury risk)

HM: Fitzgerald (could be better next year than Boldin), Jennings (another year with Rodgers is scary), Andre Johnson

Top D's

Who the hell knows. Probably not the Ravens, as they are an every other year team. Many teams like the Broncos and Chargers will completely revamp their defenses so look for teams that usually are pretty good but had down years and have a budget.