Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacojax

So, its August 2009 and your draft is here!

LOL at Westy being in there.

The guy is going to be 30 years old by opening day next year and is already showing serious signs of decline.

he's one of the few every down backs in the league - yes his skills are declining, but he's still a first round back.

a QB cannot be taken in the first 5 picks. i dont even think in the first 10 picks..

I agree with a lot of the "no QB early" posts. Just looking back at some of the top QBs this year (Warner, Rodgers, Cutler, Favre, Rivers, Eli to some extent), most of them were taken somewhere around the 9th round I think. Brees and Romo were not even the consensus 1 and 2. QBs can be found later in drafts if you do your homework. No one will pass on a top RB/WR in the early rounds so its better to get some as well.

RD1

1. AP

2. Westbrook

3. MB3

4. Portis

5. Gore

6. Forte

7. LT

8. Turner

9. MJD

10. Fitzgerald

RD2

11. Chris Johnson

12. Lynch

13. S-Jax

14. Andre Johnson

15. Brees

16. Randy Moss

17. Tom Brady

18. Thomas Jones

19. Reggie Bush

20. Brandon Jacobs

RD3

21. Romo

22. Boldin

23. TO

24. Ronnie Brown

25. Slaton

26. Calvin Johnson

27. Peyton Manning

28. Reggie Wayne

29. Brandon Marshall

30. Jennings

***EDIT... just realized I forgot Addai, slide him in at the beginning of Rd2, Pick 11

RD1

1. AP

2. Westbrook

3. MB3

4. Portis

5. Gore

6. Forte

7. LT

8. Turner

9. MJD

10. Fitzgerald

RD2

11. Chris Johnson

12. Lynch

13. S-Jax

14. Andre Johnson

15. Brees

16. Randy Moss

17. Tom Brady

18. Thomas Jones

19. Reggie Bush

20. Brandon Jacobs

RD3

21. Romo

22. Boldin

23. TO

24. Ronnie Brown

25. Slaton

26. Calvin Johnson

27. Peyton Manning

28. Reggie Wayne

29. Brandon Marshall

30. Jennings

***EDIT... just realized I forgot Addai, slide him in at the beginning of Rd2, Pick 11

I agree with a lot of the "no QB early" posts. Just looking back at some of the top QBs this year (Warner, Rodgers, Cutler, Favre, Rivers, Eli to some extent), most of them were taken somewhere around the 9th round I think. Brees and Romo were not even the consensus 1 and 2. QBs can be found later in drafts if you do your homework. No one will pass on a top RB/WR in the early rounds so its better to get some as well.

People need to realize this...You can get good value for QB's.

Idk why people soo high on LT, MJD and Turner. And so low on Bush and receivers, even if its non ppr...a good receiver will outdo most of thse rbs.

Idk why people soo high on LT, MJD and Turner. And so low on Bush and receivers, even if its non ppr...a good receiver will outdo most of thse rbs.

LT-name value, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't draft him, but others will...

MJD-F.Taylor should be gone, line should get healthy which should mean monster year...

M.Turner-Falcons will continue to develop right? They look nice right now, and Turner has been a monster.

LT had all the signs of a break down going into this year though more subtle I guess, but that didn't stop people from taking him first overall. Most people here also have him in the first or boarderline first for next year...

I don't think there's even a comparison. LT had close to 2000 yards and 18 tds in 2007, and averaged 4.7 yards a carry. Oh and didn't miss a game. Sure some people speculated he was going to start declining but who wouldn't have taken him in the top 2 or 3 after that season. Westbrook has been hurt all this year, and aside from a couple big games has looked pretty bad. More power to people willing to take him that high but I think he's too big an injury risk to spend a top 5 pick on.

RD1

1. AP

2. Westbrook

3. MB3

4. Portis

5. Gore

6. Forte

7. LT

8. Turner

9. MJD

10. Fitzgerald

RD2

11. Chris Johnson

12. Lynch

13. S-Jax

14. Andre Johnson

15. Brees

16. Randy Moss

17. Tom Brady

18. Thomas Jones

19. Reggie Bush

20. Brandon Jacobs

RD3

21. Romo

22. Boldin

23. TO

24. Ronnie Brown

25. Slaton

26. Calvin Johnson

27. Peyton Manning

28. Reggie Wayne

29. Brandon Marshall

30. Jennings

Boldin won't last until round 3

in a league where passing TDs are 6 points, QBs are GOLD, jerry...

especially in a 2 QB league...

i could see brees, brady, manning maybe getting a first two rounds slot...

but in a standard league with 10-12 teams starting 1 QB, you'd be crazy to take a QB earlier than say round 3...

also...this strategy is one i live by, and has panned out 6 out of 7 years (i've finished 1/2 all but one...toot, toot)

i ALWAYS check week 15/16 matchups...

weather considerations in late nov

dome teams and southern USA geographic teams

sure, someone could get hurt and this strategy gets tossed out the window...but i drafted manning, addai, and wayne for weeks 15/16...let's hope they pull me through!

good luck to all THIS year...it was an interesting thread but let's worry about '09 in aug

B)

I don't think there's even a comparison. LT had close to 2000 yards and 18 tds in 2007, and averaged 4.7 yards a carry. Oh and didn't miss a game. Sure some people speculated he was going to start declining but who wouldn't have taken him in the top 2 or 3 after that season. Westbrook has been hurt all this year, and aside from a couple big games has looked pretty bad. More power to people willing to take him that high but I think he's too big an injury risk to spend a top 5 pick on.

You kind of answered why Westbrook will be taken high again...The upside is there, and owners who draft him will be hoping for an injury free season or something close to it. And its already been said that he's one of the few full time backs left. More and more teams are using two backs which stinks for fantasy owners. Will Westbrook be worth the top 5 pick next year? Who knows, but we all knew LT wasn't gonna be worth the number 1 overall pick, but that didn't stop anybody. The signs were there for him to decline, but he was still taken there.

Bush is fantasy gold in PPR. Top 10 pick easy, most likely top 5 I would think.

Bush is fantasy gold in PPR. Top 10 pick easy, most likely top 5 I would think.

I would put him 10th. He's just too damn injury prone.

Here's mine:

1. Adrian Peterson

2. Marion Barber

3. MJD (assuming Fred Taylor retires, plays elsewhere, or passes the torch for real)

4. LaDainian Tomlinson

5. Brandon Jacobs

6. Matt Forte

7. Brian Westbrook

8. Michael Turner

9. Chris Johnson

10. Marshawn Lynch

11. Clinton Portis

12. Frank Gore

Steven Jackson, Joseph Addai, and Reggie Bush will all be great value picks in the beginning of the 2nd round, but I wouldn't want to gamble with any of them as my RB1 at this point. SJax has the best chance of pushing Gore or CJohnson out of the way but I'd like to see him finish the year strong and see his team improve in the offseason before I would make that leap.

i was going nutz looking for this thread - asst coach??