Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattygrabbs

Vince McMahon

What a douche...im sorry but he ruined the WWF errr WWE....Growing up it was the greatest thing ever but now he ruined such a great thing....Granted he made it into a multi-billion business but still...he ruined it...Stupid stupid storyline..His limo with him in it got "blown" up..LAME...one of my friends just told me that earlier today..how lame is that

Im ganna have to agree with you on that one. As a kid, I was a humungous fan of WWF. Ya know, my life revolved around being home when wrestling was on. Now, I dont care for it. Everything about it just sucks now, the storylines, the new wrestlers, the old ones leaving, this brand stuff, three heavyweight titles, different PPVs for each show...Its a joke now. The last good storyline they had was the ECW/WCW invasion and they just completely made that suck. Its just a joke now and there is no recovering the glory days.

I was thinking the same thing the other day, when I flipped to RAW during a commercial to see the whole McMahon death thing. I though about how bad it has gotten since I was younger, but then I realized, maybe I just outgrew it. Maybe it always ws like this, but i was too young to see the stupidity. I remember my dad absolutely hated WWF, and now I understand why. Sticking with UFC now.

Its hard to say growing up it was the greatest ever...Ultimate Warrior...Hawk and Animal...Andre the Giant...Hacksaw Jim Dunga...Those were the best days...yea its all about UFC NOW

WWE HQ is actually just up the street from Rotoworld HQ. I noticed recently that WWE has a memorial area in the front of their building with a large framed picture of McMahon surrounded by tons of flower arrangements.

A nice touch to the story line...

Dating myself a little B) but wrestling was much better before WWF/WWE ever came along.

Ultimate Warrior, Hawk and Animal, Andre the Giant and too many more to name, all started in the AWA. There was no crap about explosions, no crap about burning coffins, or any of the other crap McMahon has ruined wrestling with.

Every week there was a bunch of solid matches (though on TV, some of the fall guys were pretty lame)

But back in the good old days, the guys just jumped in the ring and pounded the bejebus out of each other. I watch occasionally now, and it looks like a cross between a soap opera (with all the crappy storylines) and a ballet (with all the flips and turns).

C'mon.......just get in there and beat the snot out of each other!!!!

Yeah, I was a HUGE wrestling fan. I never missed a Raw or Nitro ever, even on a school night I was up till 11 pm to watch them. I was flipping through the other night and saw this as well and I was sorta depressed that they had to go to that level to get viewers. Sure I watched it for the drama and the storyline when I was younger, but this is sorta off the wall...