Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pierceNKC

Bored...

Slaton or D. Willaims?

I am a big Bucs fan and would hate to have to cheer for D. Williams, in what everyone around here is calling the biggest regular season game in Bucs history. But on another note, its tough to sit him after what he has done the last 4 weeks.

Also, I would hate to have to use Slaton because I am also using Andre Johnson. I hate having to rely so much on the Houston Texans during the first round of my playoffs, especially in Gren Bay.

Wow - that is quite the dilemma. With everyone in TB calling for that, you could bet on the Bucs playing their asses off. That D is definitely stout too...On the other hand, he has been an absolute maniac! (Side note - a guy flat out dropped him in my league before the Car/KC game, and I nabbed him ASAP - he has been nothing but spectacular since!)

I also understand your reasoning with AJ/Slaton, and putting all of your eggs in one basket...

That being said, I would not WANT to sit Williams - but I would. GB's Linebackers (if I remember correctly) are banged up, possibly out. I would go Slaton in this instance.

Weather in Chi...Sunny, Cold, 3 mph wind (not much at all)...should i go with orton?

I know its Orton, but I would strongly consider it.

Westy or LJ?

AJ or Colston?

Thanks!

Westbrook is so banged up, and is going against a top D...LJ is going up against a D who can't stop the run. I go LJ here.

Colston hasn't done anything to prove he's a top option right now (granted he has been hurt, but still...) AJ is a top option week in and week out - go AJ. Plus you're a Texan fan!!!

Start Reggie Bush vs. Atl or Deangelo vs Bucs as my RB #2

D.Williams - no doubt. In an earlier post, I went on about the Bucs D...but you can BANK on D getting more carries than Bush. Thomas/Deuce will be cutting into that, no doubt.

pick 1

BREASTON @ STL

HOLMES @ DAL

B. EDWARDS @ TEN

I would stay away from Edwards at this point - plus going against Tennessee, and matched up against shutdown corner Cortland Finnegan.

So it comes down to Breaston/Holmes. STL is a mess, and 'Zona looks to Boldin/Fitz before Breaston. I have a feeling they will run up the score rather quickly - the question is, will Breaston be a part of that?

My gut feeling is, with Fitz/Boldin in against a crap d - no. After that score is run up, the running game will come into play. I just don't see Breaston being a great option this week. Go with Holmes.

D.Williams - no doubt. In an earlier post, I went on about the Bucs D...but you can BANK on D getting more carries than Bush. Thomas/Deuce will be cutting into that, no doubt.

Thanks again. rolling w/ Williams then.

Gore vs Jets or D Williams vs Bucs. Standard point league. Also, Hixon or Desean Jackson? Thanks

Again, see prior posts on D.Williams - I go Gore here.

I also like Hixon at home. DeSean will be great - but at this point is pretty inconsistent.

PPR league

Lance Moore vs. ATL

or

Lee Evans vs. MIA

Again, still not a believer in Moore - go with Evans.

Which RB?

Reggie Bush vs. falcons

DeAngelo Williams vs. Bucs

I believe I answered this exact same question for someone else earlier. Bush won't get as many looks - go with D.

Drop Josh Scobbe who plays at Chi for Matt Prater? he is a FA and faces KC.

PPR league Piercey, I've got two tough calls to make:

WR#3 - T.Holt @ Arz or D.Mason vs. Wash

K - D.Akers @ NYG in 20 mph wind or R.Lindell vs. Mia (dome)

Let me answer the K question first - Lindell. I think you have to take a dome kicker over one in unfavorable conditions almost always. Miami has a great D, I'd imagine Lindell should get some good looks at kicks today.

As for the first question - I don't like those options at all...As much as I don't like Holt (I wasted a 6th round pick on him as I thought he'd have a big year, and flat out dropped him), I think he's a better option than Mason this week. Arizona will run up the score, and quick. Even with Jackson back, I think they will have to rely alot on the air game. Plus you're in a dome here too - favorable conditions. I'd probably roll with Holt.

one WR2: Hixon, Edwards, Holmes

one flex: R Bush, L Johnson

thanks!

Hixon & Johnson.

Sorry, that was crap insight. Johnson will get a ton of looks compared to Bush who will be splitting with Deuce/Thomas. Plus he's going against Denver.

Edwards can't hold on to the ball, and is going up against Tennessee. Hixon appears to be a favorite target of Manning, and Holmes is fairly inconsistent. I'd go Hixon here.

Portis (@BAL), Dunn (@NO), Hillis (vs KC), J. Lewis (@TEN), P. Thomas (ATL)

Need to pick 2. Have portis and Dunn right now, but I'm thinking about siting one of them for Hillis. What do you think?

Thanks!

Sit Portis. He's hurt, and going against a top 5 D. Hillis will have a hay-day against KC.

Drop Josh Scobbe who plays at Chi for Matt Prater? he is a FA and faces KC.

I would probably do that.

I would probably do that.

Picked up Prater and dropped Scoobe. once again thanks for help B)

best of luck today with your teams.

Picked up Prater and dropped Scoobe. once again thanks for help B)

best of luck today with your teams.

Thanks - but I got a bye this week. Kinda sucks, cuz my team has better matchups this week than next!

WR Hines Ward (vs Dal)

WR Jerricho Cotchery (@SFF)

PPr

I like Cotch better here...Conditions should be more favorable in San Fran than Pitt.

pick 2 out of 4... (standard scoring)

addai vs CIN

bush vs ATL

bowe vs DEN

grant vs HOU