Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Roto World Series Dynasty

This is the sister league to the Rotoworld Dynasty Football League '08. Members from that league will have 1st option to obtain a team in the league. There will be 20 teams total, so there will be 6 teams up for grabs even if all 14 teams from Rotoworld Dynasty Football League '08 also join this sister league.

Here is how the league will Break down.

20 Teams

H2H

C,1B,2B,3B,SS,LF,CF,RF,UTIL

SP,SP,SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,P

W,L,ERA,WHIP,K,SV,H,BB

R,HR,RBI,SB,2B,3B,SO,GIDP

Each team will draft 10 Minor league players for their own "farm" system.

Teams

1) Fontaine (Tim Lincecame All Over Her!)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

The football league has been competitive so I would be willing to join this one as well. Hopefully we can take a vote on cats though, not a big fan of the negative ones for hitters. A few more RP spots would be nice as well.

Also, if someone snipes me on Joba, I'm dropping out. B)

Everything is up for vote and whatever the league wants, we can go with!

Teams

1) Fontaine (Tim Lincecame All Over Her!)

2) BigH

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Skoodog is in.

Im in, but i dont want to start the draft too early although i know it can take a while i really dont want to be contemplating baseball picks on new years day. lol

Im in, but i dont want to start the draft too early although i know it can take a while i really dont want to be contemplating baseball picks on new years day. lol

I suspect this type of draft with 2 drafts (a MLB and a minors) is going to take upwards of 8 weeks. If we start in Early Jan, it will let us end the 1st week or of March, then giving us 3 weeks for trades.

1) Fontaine

2) BigH

3) Skoodog

4) Quickster12

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

You want to help me out on running this league aswell as a co-commissioner?

I'm in the same boat - I have a lot going on through the holidays so I'd appreciate a later date to look at players. But that's just me. B)

I'm in the same boat - I have a lot going on through the holidays so I'd appreciate a later date to look at players. But that's just me. B)

Once we get the league filled, I will set up a poll with several different starting dates. Majority will decide when we start. Fair enough?

You want to help me out on running this league aswell as a co-commissioner?

Sounds good to me, Big-H could be of some help as well, he's always on top of things. Maybe form a tribunal or something. And any legislation is voted upon by them idk. Im just thinking out loud.

Sounds good to me, Big-H could be of some help as well, he's always on top of things. Maybe form a tribunal or something. And any legislation is voted upon by them idk. Im just thinking out loud.

If he's interested I'd love to have you both. I just thought he mentioned he wouldn't have time when we talked about it back in the football season...

I've actually stepped down from my Commish role in my other baseball leagues (for various reasons). But yea, I'll be glad to step in as a Co-commish with you and Quick.

First rule, if anyone joins and it's their first time doing a dynasty baseball league, then they are to be automatically placed in my division. B)

Drafting post-holidays sounds ideal. We'll need time to hammer out league details and such.

I've actually stepped down from my Commish role in my other baseball leagues (for various reasons). But yea, I'll be glad to step in as a Co-commish with you and Quick.

Sounds good. I'd like to keep a website/Blog. Like i started for the football league. It was just too time consuming for me to all alone. Maybe we can all three keep it updated. It would add an element to the league thats a lot of fun.

First rule, if anyone joins and it's their first time doing a dynasty baseball league, then they are to be automatically placed in my division. B)

Well this is something (divisions) if we play on CBS. If we stick with Yahoo, then i don't believe the allow divisions. CBS or Yahoo is something we can all vote on...

Drafting post-holidays sounds ideal. We'll need time to hammer out league details and such.

Yeah, We will need a few days just to get the details settled where everyone can be happy going forward. Thats why I think a mid Jan start would be ideal..

1) Fontaine

2) BigH

3) Skoodog

4) Quickster12

5) Code of Hammurabi

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

I don't have a clue how fantasy baseball works, I've never entered a league and have very little knowledge of the players, so why not? I'll take one of your franchises Fontaine, but be prepared to answer lots of silly questions about the rules and scoring.

1) Fontaine

2) BigH

3) Skoodog

4) Quickster12

5) Code of Hammurabi

6) Dublin Seahawk

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Count me in, sya (Stifler). My 2 cents, I prefer the standard 6x6 / 5x5 scoring. Reason?

1. For instance hard to place L in the scoring, because that will extremely hurt the Peavy's or the Roger Clemens (back then) Or Randy Johnson (back then too). I know the W can also be argued with this, I think including Loses will be a hard to track players' values.

2. Pitchers BB. I think this will be redundant with the WHIP category.

3. Batters: I prefer the AVG rather than GIDP, but that's just me.

4. Based on what I suggested that will leave more Hitting categories, so not sure how that will work, but there should definitely be same # of categories for pitchers and hitters.

1) Fontaine

2) BigH

3) Skoodog

4) Quickster12

5) Code of Hammurabi

6) Dublin Seahawk

7) sya

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

Also where will the league be held? Personally, I prefer ESPN. Their Fantasy Games upgrades are fantastic.

Just for a quick run down at a glance, Im against GIDP, H, Walks, 2B, and 3b as catigories. Id much prefer Total Bases instead of 2b's and or 3b's. Dont like GIDP at all. I think H's and Walk's are not only redundant, but since they are 2 cats, makes i extremely favoring to people who focus more on relievers. ie they can corner the market on saves, era, whip, h, and walks.

Also, im too lazy to look and see if you listed holds as a cat, if not, that's another suggestion of mine. Holds seemed to work well in leagues i was in in the past. Losses are fine as a cat, it's a good deterant for people who stream massively when their era/whip go to hell for the week. QS's are pretty good too. Just thinkin out loud though.

NVM to some of that, im assuming now that "H" meant holds and not Hits. my bad. lol

I'm probably in, but i'd prefer standard 5x5 with OPS instead of AVG, or 6x6 with Walks added in.

Also, i think we should start the draft as soon as we come up with a clear view on the settings, but just make it so the time limit for picks is looser during the holidays.

I'm down for a 6x6 of HR, RBI, R, SB, BB, and AVG for hitters and W, S, Holds, K, ERA, and WHIP for pitchers. For the league site, I think CBS is the way to go for a dynasty baseball league. Line-ups wise, I think we should go daily (with move limits, innings min, and such). I don't have a problem with a weekly set-up but...meh. lol

I'm down for a 6x6 of HR, RBI, R, SB, BB, and AVG for hitters and W, S, Holds, K, ERA, and WHIP for pitchers. For the league site, I think CBS is the way to go for a dynasty baseball league. For the line-ups, I think we should go daily (with move limits, innings min, and such). I don't have a problem with a weekly set-up but...meh. lol

not a big fan of OPS personally. Ought of a sudden Adam Dunn becomes a lot more valuable then Ichiro. I wouldnt mind TB's being a 6th category, it rewards power hitters while not punishing avg. hitters either. While avg. isnt my fav cat in the world, (especially since i rarely do well in avg. in any of my leagues) but id much prefer avg. then OPS.

Adam Dunn's a much better hitter then Ichiro though, so OPS is kinda more realistic.

Adam Dunn's a much better hitter then Ichiro though, so OPS is kinda more realistic.

No, Adam Dunn is much stronger and is only good for hitting HR's and drawing walks. Not a better hitter.