Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Roto World Series Dynasty

A couple of more things we need to make clear:

Move limits, Min IP, etc

The cutoff # of AB and IP for MiLB players

Still gotta settle the AVG vs OPS debate, possibly through league vote

A couple of more things we need to make clear:

Move limits, Min IP, etc

The cutoff # of AB and IP for MiLB players

Still gotta settle the AVG vs OPS debate, possibly through league vote

We could set up league vote's. Or make a decision with the 3 league heads. Doesn't matter. For what it's worth, I think the standard limits set by Yahoo is fine. Not sure we should alter that. With the limits for the cutoff to be eligable for the MLB draft, I would probally echo MT's league and set it at 150AB/50IP. ( I think thats what he set it at) It's a solid base, but asalways, u for vote..

The best to settle the OPS and AVG, and the best way out of all three of above listed, is a direct vote. I personally prefer AVG, so make my vote, 1 for AVG. B)

If you guys wanted I could recruit from the SSD pool, but a bunch of those guys are not on RW and this is the "RW league"

I'm all for trying to get it to 20 teams. The 20-team Dynasty has become a bit of an art form, this will be me 3rd one if all pans out.

Like ironmike and sya, I think 16 would be my preference. I'm all for going 20 deep though if that's what most would like.

That's cool with me. We will make that switch to 16, since a lot of people want it...

We just need two more teams now..

I like the hitter set-up but I think I would tweak the pitcher set-up. One of my other leagues uses:

3 SP, 3 RP, 3 P

yeah this is the better one more flexibility. RP's are also a major part of fantasy. as for the categories, I prefer 6x6. avg, runs, hr, rbis, sb's, bb. W, S, H, era, whip, k.

so make that 2 votes for AVG. It will also be nice if we can determine the draft order as soon as the 16 teams are filled up. only 2 teams remaining.

I also vote for AVG and a more balanced Pitching alignment. Some people can choose not to go for Wins or Saves basically which is a good thing with such a deep league.

3 SP, 3 RP and 3 P is the best way

Also ok with 3, 2, and 3 which has worked for me in the past as well.

yeah this is the better one more flexibility. RP's are also a major part of fantasy. as for the categories, I prefer 6x6. avg, runs, hr, rbis, sb's, bb. W, S, H, era, whip, k.

so make that 2 votes for AVG. It will also be nice if we can determine the draft order as soon as the 16 teams are filled up. only 2 teams remaining.

Once we get two more teams, which i'm thinking won't be that long, I will randomize the order using the same randomizing tool i did to determine the football order... They're several out there online...

Then we will settle all the cats and limits and start this draft up...

I also vote for AVG and a more balanced Pitching alignment. Some people can choose not to go for Wins or Saves basically which is a good thing with such a deep league.

3 SP, 3 RP and 3 P is the best way

Also ok with 3, 2, and 3 which has worked for me in the past as well.

I can absolutly go forward with the more standard 3,2,3 format. I only put in 5 SP, so try and give the the most feel of a real team as possible. But nothing was and or is set in stone. Once we get the final 2 teams we will start to form rules and limits as a league.

So, Go recruit a friend! B)

As template I used one of my recent leagues. Put me down as a vote for AVG. Hopefully everyone chimes in with how they would like the roster to be. This one is just meant to be an example.

Season Type: Full

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: (Undecided)

Max Trades: No maximum

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Max Acquisitions per Week: (Undecided)

Min Innings Pitched: 25

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG (or OPS), W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

I'd like in as well if possible.

funkwood_2000@yahoo.com is my address.

I would also vote for AVG.

Site really doesn't matter. CBS works better for dynasties because of player pool but I use Yahoo quite frequently so I don't really have a preference.

I will gladly join, if there are any spots left. I been playing fantasy baseball for about 8 years.

1) Fontaine

2) BigH

3) Skoodog

4) Quickster12

5) Code of Hammurabi

6) Dublin Seahawk

7) sya

8) codename

9) max_murder

10) quickster's friend (who is this friend?)

11) Donniebaseball

12) ironmike & brett

13) Spector

14) shawnzo2722

15) Blue Crew

16) Krono87

Welcome to the league to you both. We're now FULL!

I willpost the draft order and then we can finalize and vote on some rules.

Max Moves: No Maximim

Max Trades: No maximum

Max Acquisitions per Week: No Maximum

Weekly Deadline: Weekly

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Thanks for the welcome.

I'd prefer daily lineup changes as well as some sort of max on yearly and weekly moves. Don't have an exact number in mind though.

Thanks for the welcome.

I'd prefer daily lineup changes as well as some sort of max on yearly and weekly moves. Don't have an exact number in mind though.

Just follow the template, and type in the settings you prefer. Majority vote will determine what we go with..

16 teams! finally. hopefully we can already determine draft order so we can make trades with picks if desired. and settle the final scoring or league settings already B)

16 teams! finally. hopefully we can already determine draft order so we can make trades with picks if desired. and settle the final scoring or league settings already B)

Im trying to find out who "quicksters" friend is so i can set the order. I don't wanna just put in "quicksters friend". lol

I think that the three commissioners should just get together and agree upon a setting. This voteing on all these things will take us into Febuary with 16 teams needing to vote...

I basically agree with fontaine's setting except I'm for daily transactions with season and weekly move limits.

Im trying to find out who "quicksters" friend is so i can set the order. I don't wanna just put in "quicksters friend". lol

I think that the three commissioners should just get together and agree upon a setting. This voteing on all these things will take us into Febuary with 16 teams needing to vote...

Im gonna send him the info now to see if he's good for it, which he should be. He just moved down to Florida so i have to find out also what his comp access if like as well, i should no for sure his status on everything by weekends end.

FWIW, he's "Team Cuba" from the dynasty league i ran. He's also "BlackHawk89" or w/e the number was after BlackHawk on RW.

Weekly lineups will cause people to lose interest and forget in a free league IMO.

Go to daily transactions with a maximum of 50 FA moves per season.

Works very well and usually is about 2 per week - a lot of guys will run out, a lot of guys wont come close.

I've run a league with 58 max moves and 52 max moves before and this year my big money league is going down to 50.

It rewards those who are patient and can't sit by a computer all day for the latest closer news, etc because later in the season, they have the option of streaming pitching to beat opponents who were at their computer all day long looking for a closer to get hurt and grabbing his backup, etc.

Just my 2 cents - but in a free league, daily activity is a MUST in my opinion.

Max Moves: 100

Max Trades: 100

Max Acquisitions per Week: No Maximum

Weekly Deadline: Weekly

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

Max Moves: 75

Max Trades: No Limit

Max Acquisitions per Week: 10

Weekly Deadline: Dailey

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG,TB, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

This is what the other two commish's and I have basically come up with so far... any thoughts?

Oops, i meant to say i wanted daily lineups (i'd be fine with weekly though).

Again, my only thoughts is the 75 moves is a lot.

Unless your limiting IP and ABs. I am against such limits as I like to limit waiver acquisitions instead. There are 25 or 26 weeks in the fantasy season, that allows for 2 FA pickups per week which is ample in my humble opinion.

With 75, you're going to run into the streaming issue like we debate every year on these forums lol.

Again, just my 2 cents, I'm in either way.

LOVE the holds category by the way - good job getting that together.

My only other critique would be to allow us to play 3 OF, any position instead of a LF, RF, CF but that's not as important to me.