Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fontaine

Roto World Series Dynasty

Again, my only thoughts is the 75 moves is a lot.

Unless your limiting IP and ABs. I am against such limits as I like to limit waiver acquisitions instead. There are 25 or 26 weeks in the fantasy season, that allows for 2 FA pickups per week which is ample in my humble opinion.

With 75, you're going to run into the streaming issue like we debate every year on these forums lol.

Again, just my 2 cents, I'm in either way.

LOVE the holds category by the way - good job getting that together.

My only other critique would be to allow us to play 3 OF, any position instead of a LF, RF, CF but that's not as important to me.

My only concern would be in baseball, more then any other sport, their always a rash of injuries. Mainly because the season is so long. And with dailey lineups, I could see someone not trying to stream anything and reach the max if their team runs into some injuries, and especially if those injuries take an extended amount of time to heal because they would then have to place in scrubs and play match-ups. Which is, a very important part of being a successful fantas manager. I could settle on maybe 65, depending on what BigH and Quick think, but I would just hate for someone to not be able to make any add because there team got run over by the injury bug more then someone else's.

My vote in the topics being debated:

Daily lineups

I agree that max of 75 moves is probably too many. 50 would be fine or split the difference and make it 60.

Weekly max of 10 is fine.

I also would prefer 3 OF spots as opposed to a LF, CF, and RF designation.

7x7 cats being proposed work for me.

My only concern would be in baseball, more then any other sport, their always a rash of injuries. Mainly because the season is so long. And with dailey lineups, I could see someone not trying to stream anything and reach the max if their team runs into some injuries, and especially if those injuries take an extended amount of time to heal because they would then have to place in scrubs and play match-ups. Which is, a very important part of being a successful fantas manager. I could settle on maybe 65, depending on what BigH and Quick think, but I would just hate for someone to not be able to make any add because there team got run over by the injury bug more then someone else's.

That's sort of the price you pay though for being that type of guy who picks up everyone and everything and hopes some of it sticks to the wall.

i.e. the guy who ended up with Cliff LEe in our league last year just picked up SP after SP until one of them actually turned out to be nasty. He didn't have any research skills or method to his madness and ended up winning the league with the help of Lee's arm.

That type of guy now screwed himself towards the end of the year if his opponent was streaming pitchers against him or he needed some help.

With 5 DL spots (which is a lot from what I've seen) the injury situation should be no problem. the 50 max moves tends to encourage better research, etc so you don't have a GM picking up every single player that has a hot start and then dropping them when they blow up. It makes people be methodically with their pickups.

With yahoo you can adjust the number of FA pickups someone has as well, so if someone is not participating, you could bump them down 2 or 3 as a penalty. Not saying we do that, just letting you know. I've run a very successful league on yahoo for 7 years now and really tried adjusting FA pickups a hundred different ways.

Without the 50 cap, lets say you have the best team in the league and at the end of the year you are in the playoffs with a guy who has 48 moves so he only has 2 pickups left. He now cannot just pitch and ditch starting pitchers every day to try and win Wins, Ks, and QS. Conversely, lets say a guy has preserved his moves because he knows his pitching staff is weak and the only way he's going to make it through the playoffs is by preserving his acquisitions so he can use a quantity over quality strategy in the playoffs.

It adds a great element of strategy in my opinion and I've seen guys use it to their advantage or not take advantage of it all.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure you'll run a great league either way.

That's sort of the price you pay though for being that type of guy who picks up everyone and everything and hopes some of it sticks to the wall.

i.e. the guy who ended up with Cliff LEe in our league last year just picked up SP after SP until one of them actually turned out to be nasty. He didn't have any research skills or method to his madness and ended up winning the league with the help of Lee's arm.

That type of guy now screwed himself towards the end of the year if his opponent was streaming pitchers against him or he needed some help.

With 5 DL spots (which is a lot from what I've seen) the injury situation should be no problem. the 50 max moves tends to encourage better research, etc so you don't have a GM picking up every single player that has a hot start and then dropping them when they blow up. It makes people be methodically with their pickups.

With yahoo you can adjust the number of FA pickups someone has as well, so if someone is not participating, you could bump them down 2 or 3 as a penalty. Not saying we do that, just letting you know. I've run a very successful league on yahoo for 7 years now and really tried adjusting FA pickups a hundred different ways.

Without the 50 cap, lets say you have the best team in the league and at the end of the year you are in the playoffs with a guy who has 48 moves so he only has 2 pickups left. He now cannot just pitch and ditch starting pitchers every day to try and win Wins, Ks, and QS. Conversely, lets say a guy has preserved his moves because he knows his pitching staff is weak and the only way he's going to make it through the playoffs is by preserving his acquisitions so he can use a quantity over quality strategy in the playoffs.

It adds a great element of strategy in my opinion and I've seen guys use it to their advantage or not take advantage of it all.

Just my 2 cents, I'm sure you'll run a great league either way.

I didn't really think of it that way. It did put in a perspective that I now see exactly what you're trying to get acrossed. If BigH and quick have no objections, this is the settings we are going to go forward with.

Season Type: Full

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: 50

Max Trades: No Limit

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Max Acquisitions per Week: 5

Min Innings Pitched: 25

Weekly Deadline: Dailey

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG,TB, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

One other thing we should probably get straight right off the bat is who is and isn't eligible for the minor league draft?

No MLB experience at all? If a guy was a Sept callup last year is he ineligible to be drafted in the minors draft and thus if he isn't drafted in the MLB draft ticketed to be in the waiver pool in the league?

I know we can probably cross that bridge when the time comes but just thought I would throw it out there to avoid any confusion.

One other thing we should probably get straight right off the bat is who is and isn't eligible for the minor league draft?

No MLB experience at all? If a guy was a Sept callup last year is he ineligible to be drafted in the minors draft and thus if he isn't drafted in the MLB draft ticketed to be in the waiver pool in the league?

I know we can probably cross that bridge when the time comes but just thought I would throw it out there to avoid any confusion.

It's 150AB/50IP

Okay, The Quick, BigH and myself have evaulated everyone's opinon and have gone with the most popular pick's for almost everything. Here is the official settings for the league;

Season Type: Full

Max Teams: 16

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: 60

Max Trades: No Limit

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Max Acquisitions per Week: 6

Min Innings Pitched: 25

Weekly Deadline: Dailey

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP,RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL (10 MiLB)

Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG,TB, W, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS

Here is the draft order for you draft preping ability.

This was done using: http://www.draft-tracker.com/draftOrder2.cfm I randomized it 16 times, 1 time for every team member.

1 max_murder

2 sya

3 BigH

4 Code OF Hammuabi

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Spector

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

Max_Murderer can either pick whenever he is ready, or deal his pick away

The first post can't be edited (after 5 minutes, a post can't be edited). But yea, we keep a running list of everyone drafted, every round. We've done a bunch slow drafts lol (Dynasty Football, both Stifler Leagues) with the same core of guys over the past year, so pretty much everyone knows how the process works. Just make sure you PM the guy after you to let him know he's up.

My 14th pick is available. I would like to move up, and I'm willing to part way's with my 1st round MiLB pick

ESPN, Yahoo, or CBS? If CBS I don't have an account there yet, so I'll have to make one.

ALSO, My 2nd overall pick is available, I am willing to move down but no lower than 5TH OVERALL. I'm willing to swap 1st & 2nd round picks.

MAX MUDER is OTC

1 max_murder- OTC

2 sya

3 BigH

4 Code OF Hammuabi

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Spector

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

SYA OTC

1 max_murder- Albert Pujols 1B STL

2 sya

3 BigH

4 Code OF Hammuabi

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Spector

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

I thought Hanley Ramirez was going to be the pick. Already a curveball! Should be an excellent draft!

For the new guys, make sure that when you pick, you PM the next guy saying that it's their pick.

Took some time because I thought Han Ram would be first pick too

Round 1:

2 sya- Hanley Ramirez SS FLA

3 BigH

4 Code OF Hammuabi

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Spector

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

FWIW, these are the times i DEFINATLY will NOT be available this week.

Sunday : 8AM - 130PM

Monday : should be good anytime

Tuesday: 2-7:30

Wednesday: 1-8:30

Thursday: 10:30AM-6:30 PM

Friday: anytime

Saturday: 2:30-Midnight

Again those are the times i wont be around. That doesnt garuntee that ill be around all the other times, but at least there wont be anybody hoping that i make it on to make a pick when ive stated i wont be here then.

Staten Island Yankees select David Wright, 3B, as the cornestone of the franchise.

Round 1:

3 BigH/ Staten Island Yankees- David Wright 3B NYM

4 Code of Hammurabi- OTC

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Specter

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

Staten Island Yankees select David Wright, 3B, as the cornestone of the franchise.

Round 1:

3 BigH/ Staten Island Yankees- David Wright 3B NYM

4 Code of Hammurabi- OTC

5 Krono87

6 Donniebaseball

7 Blue Crew

8 ironmike & brett

9 quickster12

10 codename

11 shawnzo2722

12 skoodog

13 Specter

14 fontaine

15 Team Cuba

16 Dublin Seahawk

Staten Island is your teams home base huh? Keep in mind that only a bridge separates our two franchises. Dont make me mad!!! lol

Krono I think codeofhammabi will be sometime tonight. If you get off, just sent me 2 players... since you're right after him...

Too bad you won't get joba!!!

I could always go to my back-up plan, Ian Kennedy. B)