Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonnieAvery17

Which Minor Leauger to keep - NL Only

Which ML player should i keep for my NL-only league and why?

1) Alcedies Escobar

2) Carlos Carassco

3) Jarrod Parker

4) Jayson Heyward

I can stash away ML players, but can only carry over one each year.

Heyward by a mile. Escobar is closest and has speed, but last year aside, he's not much of a hitter. Heyward has every skill you want in a fantasy player.

Carrasco doesn't even belong in that group.

Heyward, even if it's just for trade purposes. He's got the top "perceived" value, so you can trade him for better players than those other 3.

heyward is much more valuable then the rest.....he is arguable the #3 prospect in baseball, and with only price and wieters ahead of him, has a very good chance to be #1 this time next year

Keep Heyward this year even though Carassco and Escobar are likely to be in the majors this season?

I guess it depends on how you view the value of your one ML keeper. You are right, Heyward won't bring you any value this next season, unless you trade him. If you are looking to use your keeper spot as a functional lineup spot, then maybe you should go with Escobar or Carrasco. I think what most of the members here are saying is that, if you can afford to stash him, Heyward is the best prospect of that bunch. In fact, I think Escobar and Carrasco are the #3 and #4 in that group, overall. But if you need production this year, you should probably go with one of those two. Personally, I would keep Heyward.

I think Heyward and Parker have the most upside of the 4. I would keep Heyward as well he has a ridiculous skill set. He wont bring you anything this season but in the future he certainly will.