Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Black Hole Dynasty Baseball League

We drafted yesterday afternoon, and since I don't have a full team list or rosters in fornt of me, maybe my fellow owners can doa roll call, with their teams.

You can find mine down there VVVV

Phreaks4Life

1B-Carlos Pena, Aubrey Huff(3B)

2B-Robinson Cano, Akinori Iwamura(3B)

SS-Julio Lugo

3B-Miguel Cabrera, Ty Wiggington(1B,2B), Brandon Wood

C-Dioneer Navarro

OF-Jason Bay, Jacoby Ellsbury, Pat Burrell, Steve Pearce, Wladimir Balentien

SP-Erik Bedard, Scott Kazmir, Matt Cain, Rich Harden, Hiroki Kuroda, Kevin Slowey

RP-Francisco Rodriguez, Rafael Soriano, BJ Ryan, Kazuo Fukumori, Tom Gordon, Derrick Turnbow

guys, we really need the rosters posted on here, as it is likely that Sigs will get changed and no longer be able to see the teams. it will only take 3 or 4 minutes to type them out.

i plan on letting things play out for awhile, before making any moves, but here it is:

C: Geovany Soto, Miguel Montero

1B: Paul Konerko, Adam LaRoche

2B: Rickie Weeks, Ryan Theriot

3B: Ryan Braun, Pedro Feliz

SS: Stephen Drew, Theriot

OF: Grady Sizemore, Hunter Pence, Michael Cuddyer, JD Drew, Franklin Gutierrez

SP: CC Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Jeremy Guthrie, Shaun Marcum, John Danks, Andy Sonnanstine, Randy Wolf

RP: Trevor Hoffman, CJ Wilson, George Sherrill, Brian Fuentes, Matt Lindstrom, Manny Delcarmen

I don't have many long-term prospects; this club is built to try and do some damage now. If the pitching holds up, it might just happen.

Mo' Fuggers

RFBBL Dynasty League (16 Team)

H2H, 6x6 (R, HR, RBI, BB, SB, AVG x W, SV, HLD, SO, ERA, WHIP)

C - Jason Varitek

1B - Ryan Howard

2B - Ian Kinsler

3B - Alex Gordon

SS - Miguel Tejada

OF - Carlos Beltran, Adam Jones, Cameron Maybin

SP - Francisco Liriano, Jeremy Bonderman, Adam Wainwright, Dontrelle Willis, Edison Volquez, Anthony Reyes, Josh Johnson (DL), Mike Pelfrey

RP - Mariano Rivera, Kerry Wood, Joba Chamberlain, Joel Zumaya

Minors - Jay Bruce, Chase headley, Felix Pie

Wait wait wait, I thought you said "Where all your favorite hardcore posters come to play H2H Dynasty"...? Well that was misleading...

J/K! B)

i plan on letting things play out for awhile, before making any moves, but here it is:

C: Geovany Soto, Miguel Montero

1B: Paul Konerko, Adam LaRoche

2B: Rickie Weeks, Ryan Theriot

3B: Ryan Braun, Pedro Feliz

SS: Stephen Drew, Theriot

OF: Grady Sizemore, Hunter Pence, Michael Cuddyer, JD Drew, Franklin Gutierrez

SP: CC Sabathia, Ben Sheets, Jeremy Guthrie, Shaun Marcum, John Danks, Andy Sonnanstine, Randy Wolf

RP: Trevor Hoffman, CJ Wilson, George Sherrill, Brian Fuentes, Matt Lindstrom, Manny Delcarmen

I don't have many long-term prospects; this club is built to try and do some damage now. If the pitching holds up, it might just happen.

your team is more young than anything...it could really make some noise.

Phreak....TRADE ME CANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! B)

your team is more young than anything...it could really make some noise.

Well, there are a lot of guys who are ~25, but I was referring to the fact that, other than my catchers, I don't really have anybody fresh off the farm (or still on it). Virtually all of them have some kind of track record and are expected to be able to contribute something this year. Because of their position (and the standard low expectations for it), I figured I could afford to be a little patient with Soto and Montero.

The one thing that I didn't think to plan for during the draft is what I'll do once Braun loses his 3B eligibility after this year. Feliz could be able to cover the spot for a year, but I definitely wouldn't mind bringing in someone down the road (hint for all of my prospective trade partners....).

I haven't had a chance to fully digest all fo the other rosters yet, but it looks like there's going to be some strong teams....it's just a matter of how we address the weaknesses between now and September.

Phreak....TRADE ME CANOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! B)

we might be able to work something out, if you are willing to part with some of your prospects too

C - Russell Martin

1B - Carlos Guillen

2B - Chase Utley

3B - Josh Fields (oh god, i didn't know that he's going to start in the minors B) )

SS - Troy Tulowitski

OF - Shane Victorino

OF - Jeremy Hermida

OF - Andre Either

UTIL - Joey Votto

UTIL - Matt Diaz

Bench - Nick Johnson, Elijah Dukes, Juan Rivera, Jacque Jones

SP - Chad Billingsley

SP - John Maine

SP - Jered Weaver

RP - Joe Nathan

RP - Billy Wagner

RP - Pat Neshek

P - Rafael Perez

P - Bob Howry

P - Mike Gonzalez

Bench - Brian Bannister, Ricky Nolasco, Philip Humber, Anibal Sanchez

What do you guys think of my team?

Wait wait wait, I thought you said "Where all your favorite hardcore posters come to play H2H Dynasty"...? Well that was misleading...

J/K! B)

LOL.....we're all legends in my own mind.

:):lol:

Ok ill type it out...

C- JR Towles:John Buck

1B- Casey Kotchman:Marcus Thames

2B: Aaron Hill:Jayson Nix

3B: Mark Reynolds:Joe Crede

SS: Jimmy Rollins

OF: Magglio Ordonez

OF: Corey Hart

OF: Jerry Owens/Corey Patterson/Xavier Nady

U: Jim Thome

SP: Josh Beckett/Time Lincecum/Chris Young/Chien-Ming Wang/Boof Bonser/Gavin Floyd

RP: Takashi Saito/Troy Percival/Todd Jones/Justin Speier/Ryan Franklin

Minors: Gio Gonzalez

Overall I like my team....Ok maybe todd jones in the 14th was 6rounds too early =)

C - Joe Mauer - Min, Mike Napoli - LAA

1B - Derrek Lee - ChC, Kevin Youkilis (3B) - Bos

2B - Dan Uggla - Fla, Brendan Harris (SS) - Min

SS - Rafael Furcal - LAD

3B - *Andy LaRoche - LAD, *Bill Hall (OF) - Mil

OF - Carl Crawford - TB, Willy Tavares - Col, Michael Bourn - Hou, Lastings Milledge - Was, *Mike Cameron - Mil, Reggie Willits - LAA

UT - Jason Giambi (1B) NYY, Frank Thomas - Tor

SP - Jake Peavy - SD, Carlos Zambrano - ChC, Brett Myers (RP) - Phi, Nate Robertson - Det, *Tyler Clippard - Was, *Noah Lowry - SF

RP - *Brad Lidge - Phi, Jeremy Accardo - Tor, *Scot Shields - LAA, Al Reyes - TB

This is the first time I've done a H2H Full out Dynasty. I went in with the philosophy to try to grab guys who had been doing their thing in the majors for a few years as opposed to full out youth. I wanted guys who were still young enough to last the dynasty, but who were established enough for me to know close to what type of player they were going to be and have a feel for their potential.

Even with the Old Goats like Giambi, Thomas, Cameron, and some of the closers I came out with an average age of 28.5. I feel that's a pretty good starting point to a dynasty. Crawford, Peavy, and Z are 26. Joe Mauer is only 24 and Brett Myers is only 27. I like a decent majority of the ML contracts as far as where most of these guys stand.

Obviously, my hitting is going to be based upon AVG, Runs, and Steals as I have a lot of leadoff men. I tried to help my power an RBI numbers where it is obvious. My pitching scares me (literally). I know I have a awesome top 3 guys, but I guess that is about where it ends. Lidge's injury concerns worry me a bit, but if I can get him healthy and good he'll be right there with the top guys. What scares me most is I have zero depth whatsoever and am going to get killed right away in the numbers that build toward quantity (W, SV, K). That might be somewhat due to the 9 pitching spots that we are allowed or forced to deal with. I guess that Pitching is where I must build from this point on.

*Most of the guys marked with stars will begin the season on the disabled list and others have special circumstances leading to their playing. Bill Hall will be 3B eligible, shortly. Mike Cameron is suspended. Clippard is in AAA at the moment.

Alright, so now that I have the team up and how it is partially built I would like to thank Timmah (Unexplained Bacon) for starting this thread for our wonderful league. B) Thanks, Bro!

Second of all, I might like to make some trades to acquire some pitching. Seeing as I didn't draft 15 pitchers like rickyj21, it would probably be a good idea to do a little bit of moving and shaking right away. Don't aim for my Big Dogs if you don't plan on offering your Big Dogs in return. I'd rather do a 1-for-1 than anything. Look over the bench and see what interests you. The worst thing I can do is say Negative Red Rider or Counter. Be fair about it though. I am not looking to destroy what I've built long-term for something very short term.

Thanks,

Lyricist

ps. Let the offers roll :)

Bah! Hardcore players have seperate LF, CF and RF positions. Did you guys drink through sippy cups while drafting...

(In all seriousness, this issue wasn't the major reason why I decided not to take part. I already have a long time keeper league, and figured it would be like two-timing on your girl. That and I prefer heavy keeper leagues over the pure dynasty format).

Bah! Hardcore players have seperate LF, CF and RF positions. Did you guys drink through sippy cups while drafting...

(In all seriousness, this issue wasn't the major reason why I decided not to take part. I already have a long time keeper league, and figured it would be like two-timing on your girl. That and I prefer heavy keeper leagues over the pure dynasty format).

i wish you woulda stayed in the league, but you opened the door for someone else to play. so it all works out.

Poop: just for S's and G's, I sent you a prelim offer.....lemme know what you think.

Lyricist: thanks for the kudos....when I get more time, I'll bounce some ideas around to see if I can help with your pitching issues. Feel free to take a look at my squad and pass along any thoughts you might have of your own.

i wish you woulda stayed in the league, but you opened the door for someone else to play. so it all works out.

No doubt. You league is probably better off for it.

yo lyricist.....iam interested in derek lee....if you can part ways with him, take a look at my staff and throw me an offer. Just so everyone knows i usually dont propose trades without actually discussion with the other manager. I think it makes it more fun, fair, and realistic being it is a dynasty league.

yo lyricist.....iam interested in derek lee....if you can part ways with him, take a look at my staff and throw me an offer. Just so everyone knows i usually dont propose trades without actually discussion with the other manager. I think it makes it more fun, fair, and realistic being it is a dynasty league.

A deal like that would almost have to include Josh Beckett or Tim Lincecum. You and I drafted Beckett and Lee in the 3rd round. Here's is another problem with doing something like that for me: My backup First-Basemen are Youkilis and I guess Giambi. Currently Youkilis is my soul Third-Baseman due to the fact that I drafted Andy Laroche for the Dynasty and Bill Hall as a multi-positional guy behind him. Hall needs to gain eligibility at 3B otherwise Youk can't be moved to 1st. Casey Kotchman is an option, but I don't really know how the rest of it would go.

The last problem is that I feel Derrek Lee is slightly more valuable than Josh Beckett. But we can certainly keep talking. That's how anything gets worked out anyway.

A deal like that would almost have to include Josh Beckett or Tim Lincecum. You and I drafted Beckett and Lee in the 3rd round. Here's is another problem with doing something like that for me: My backup First-Basemen are Youkilis and I guess Giambi. Currently Youkilis is my soul Third-Baseman due to the fact that I drafted Andy Laroche for the Dynasty and Bill Hall as a multi-positional guy behind him. Hall needs to gain eligibility at 3B otherwise Youk can't be moved to 1st. Casey Kotchman is an option, but I don't really know how the rest of it would go.

The last problem is that I feel Derrek Lee is slightly more valuable than Josh Beckett. But we can certainly keep talking. That's how anything gets worked out anyway.

One of things I like most about these leagues is getting a feel for how other owners operate.

The trade offer you posed to me earlier today involved me giving up players I selected in the 4th, 5th and 13th rounds. You were willing to give up guys you took in the 6th, 8th and 26th. Sure, I could've taken my guys too early, but it didn't seem like I was getting good value at the time.

But I usually don't get deals done on the first try, either.....now that I have a better idea of what you're looking to try to do, it's pretty likely we'll come to agreement on something down the road.