Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Black Hole Dynasty Baseball League

One of things I like most about these leagues is getting a feel for how other owners operate.

The trade offer you posed to me earlier today involved me giving up players I selected in the 4th, 5th and 13th rounds. You were willing to give up guys you took in the 6th, 8th and 26th. Sure, I could've taken my guys too early, but it didn't seem like I was getting good value at the time.

But I usually don't get deals done on the first try, either.....now that I have a better idea of what you're looking to try to do, it's pretty likely we'll come to agreement on something down the road.

I was trying to sort of counter-balance the first two. My thoughts were that our pitching prospects were pretty close, with yours being of a bit greater value. As far as the next position for position players, I felt I was giving you the better offer as well as dealing with injury risk. And on the last part I kind of see my guy as a prospect type guy that were he anywhere else, would always usually be starting. I didn't know what type of value to place on your last guy as he is kind of on a crappy team, but that may have been where I felt the balance lied with you getting the dude who wouldn't play every day right away.

Don't get me wrong Beckett and Lee were nip and tuck on my draft list, but like I said. I give a minor advatage to Lee. I apologize for using the third-round (in our draft) example. They probably were anyway on most boards. That is why I described it how I did. As far as the rounds in our drafts go, I didn't look at your 5th and my 8th round picks as where we drafted them. I honestly thought mine was a bit better, but to each their own.

Keep on truckin! B)

I was trying to sort of counter-balance the first two. My thoughts were that our pitching prospects were pretty close, with yours being of a bit greater value. As far as the next position for position players, I felt I was giving you the better offer as well as dealing with injury risk. And on the last part I kind of see my guy as a prospect type guy that were he anywhere else, would always usually be starting. I didn't know what type of value to place on your last guy as he is kind of on a crappy team, but that may have been where I felt the balance lied with you getting the dude who wouldn't play every day right away.

Don't get me wrong Beckett and Lee were nip and tuck on my draft list, but like I said. I give a minor advatage to Lee. I apologize for using the third-round (in our draft) example. They probably were anyway on most boards. That is why I described it how I did. As far as the rounds in our drafts go, I didn't look at your 5th and my 8th round picks as where we drafted them. I honestly thought mine was a bit better, but to each their own.

Keep on truckin! B)

I gotcha....My perspective was: I give up a lot of SB's at a strong source position for them, and the guy who I would get to replace them has nowhere to play on my teamat this point, either. On the pitching end, the guy pitching for the lousy team is still going to wind up with ~25 saves, and considering what else I have that would be a sizable price to pay to exchange #1's.

But like you said, to each their own.....

I see I have two people on Gleeman's "Stay Away" list. I can probably understand Scot Shields, but he had the nuts to take a dig at Big Z. Plus, the excuse he used other than some nasty outings in the second half was, he's showing signs of slowing down. I really want that thought in my head. It's a good thing for people to have their own opinions, I guess.

Prove Gleeman wrong Z...For the love of god...PROVE GLEEMAN WRONG! B)

My team suckkkkkkkkkksssss! B)

I'm also trying to get a feel for how you guys think and value players so I'm asking in advance that you don't get annoyed with any offers that I may throw your way. I'm really enjoying this league because almost everyone is staying on top of things well.

I'm looking for some SP & CL. I'm also looking for help @ catcher, OF and maybe 3rd (If Gordon doesn't do his thing this year). I'm willing to deal Howard if you can give me a strong 1st baseman in the deal in return. I don't mind when you guys reject my offers so don't mind if I do the same. I'll be sure to counter if I see something that intrigues me.

I have to say that Yahoo really sucks when it comes to adding players to their site. I hope they get better with that in time.

Catch you all later!

Buddy

Couple of big trades so far.....Jose Reyes, Carl Crawford and BJ Upton have changed addresses already.

Judging by the offers I've been getting it looks like people are primarily interested in trading for the big names.....if that's the case, then count me out of the wheeling and dealing for now.

I want to see what the team I drafted can do first.

Couple of big trades so far.....Jose Reyes, Carl Crawford and BJ Upton have changed addresses already.

Judging by the offers I've been getting it looks like people are primarily interested in trading for the big names.....if that's the case, then count me out of the wheeling and dealing for now.

Bedard did too, he qualifies as a big name

good to know I'm in this league too... I wasn't sure

good to know I'm in this league too... I wasn't sure

Ah... So you must be Lance's Lost Testicle, then. You should post your roster in this thread, so we know who to associate with what.

C'mon now. I didn't just suddenly decide I wanted the Ray's center-fielder as opposed to the Ray's left-fielder. Don't make it sound like that. B)

To understand things, I think you have to look at the rest of the trade, too. It was basically a 3-for2. I also think I got a good young arm in Jimenez (laugh if you will) and a nice-nice prospect in Colby Rasmus for an up and comer (Milledge) who will play now.

So I think the ship is still steady as she goes. It's just looking a little farther into the future. I think it works out for everyone involved.

This is true. My apologies to young Mr. Bedard....I had bats on the brain.

...and Lyricist is right; you should post your roster and share the nut with the world.

C'mon now. I didn't just suddenly decide I wanted the Ray's center-fielder as opposed to the Ray's left-fielder. Don't make it sound like that. :)

To understand things, I think you have to look at the rest of the trade, too. It was basically a 3-for2. I also think I got a good young arm in Jimenez (laugh if you will) and a nice-nice prospect in Colby Rasmus for an up and comer (Milledge) who will play now.

So I think the ship is still steady as she goes. It's just looking a little farther into the future. I think it works out for everyone involved.

Oh, it was a good trade.....and I like to see people getting into the spirit of things so quickly. I'm just not into messing around with the major mechanics so quickly. Subtle tweaking is the name of the game for now.

Besides, if my b-ball team is any indicator, I should be a "seller" by Memorial Day B)

This is true. My apologies to young Mr. Bedard....I had bats on the brain.

...and Lyricist is right; you should post your roster and share the nut with the world.

Oh, it was a good trade.....and I like to see people getting into the spirit of things so quickly. I'm just not into messing around with the major mechanics so quickly. Subtle tweaking is the name of the game for now.

Besides, if my b-ball team is any indicator, I should be a "seller" by Memorial Day B)

...what about Jennifer Anniston? :)

lets go throw me the offers! got BL playing hard ball with Marmol and Mo fuggers playing hardball with Kinsler and Joba....i need a 1B, 2B, and CL(or good setup man) lets do it....

lets go throw me the offers! got BL playing hard ball with Marmol and Mo fuggers playing hardball with Kinsler and Joba....i need a 1B, 2B, and CL(or good setup man) lets do it....

Haha! I'm not playing hardball friend. I'm just making sure that I weigh all my options before pulling the trigger on any deal. I'm sure that I'll be making plenty of trades before it's all said and done. Like you said, we might have to pull a 3 way with another team.

Skeleton, After looking at the deal, I did realize that my offer to you WAS pretty bad. Didn't mean to lowball you that badly.

Lance's Lost Testicle

Official Roster

C- Kenji Johjima

1B- Carlos Delgado

2B- Orlando Hudson

SS- Julio Lugo

3B- Aramis Ramirez

OF- Ichiro Suzuki

OF- Bobby Abreu

OF- Andruw Jones

UT- Ty Wigginton

UT- Chipper Jones

BN- Gary Matthews JR

BN- Luis Castillo

BN- Jason Bartlett

BN- Dmitri Young

SP- Eric Bedard

SP- Javier Vazquez

SP- John Lackey

RP- Jose Valverde

RP- Jason Isringhausen

RP- CJ Wilson

P- Joe Borowski

P- Rafael Soriano

P- Andrew Miller

BN- Scott Baker, David Weathers, JC Romero

DL- Chris Carpenter

DL- Chad Gaudin

Lackey needs to get DL'd ASAP!

Lance's Lost Testicle

Official Roster

RP- CJ Wilson

You sure you got the right Wilson? B)

You sure you got the right Wilson? B)

absolutely not.

Tried to do it off memory... not THAT bad considering haha

im trying to get into the action as well. hit me up with offers. a day without a new trade offer is a day of misery!

I'll give you the #2 Waiver Priority for Reyes. B)

For those of you who didn't play in the BBall dynasty league, I prefer to use the comments section in trade proposals in my offers and acceptances/rejections.

I hope that you folks do the same when we pass things back-and-forth. It'll help me know what you're looking for or want to accomplish, and vice versa.

Thanks in advance.....

another trade went down....not quite as blockbuster as the first.

TKD2008ChampS gets: Andy Sonnanstine and Matt Lindstrom

Unexplained Bacon Gets: Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez

Not a bad trade for either of us, little risks vs high potential rewards

another trade went down....not quite as blockbuster as the first.

TKD2008ChampS gets: Andy Sonnanstine and Matt Lindstrom

Unexplained Bacon Gets: Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez

Not a bad trade for either of us, little risks vs high potential rewards

I was hoping to get Gio in the draft, but you took him a little higher than I planned. Call me crazy for dropping Floyd already if you like; I don't have much love for him, and I think Casilla will be as much a help, maybe more so if Street ever gets dealt.

Good luck with Sonnanstine and Lindstrom!

Lets get it Crack-a-Lackin, Kids!

Time for meaningful day Numero Uno. I just wanted to say I'm glad to be in a league with you all and best of luck to all of your respective teams this season. Unfortunately, I will be sitting in front of my computer instead of at a Major League BP, for opening day, today. So shoot me a message if you like. I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit between innings (MLBTV). Fortunately, the Omaha Royals open on Thursday, so I'll get to be @ that one. Let me know if you want any info on the Royals stellar prospects. B)

PEACE!

Lets get it Crack-a-Lackin, Kids!

Time for meaningful day Numero Uno. I just wanted to say I'm glad to be in a league with you all and best of luck to all of your respective teams this season. Unfortunately, I will be sitting in front of my computer instead of at a Major League BP, for opening day, today. So shoot me a message if you like. I'm sure I'll be on here quite a bit between innings (MLBTV). Fortunately, the Omaha Royals open on Thursday, so I'll get to be @ that one. Let me know if you want any info on the Royals stellar prospects. B)

PEACE!

I'll be checking in, Internet style, myself today. I would have preferred to have been able to devote the day to the event, but oh, well.....

Good luck to everyone.....and get out of my way! :)