Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Timmah!

Black Hole Dynasty Baseball League

I'll be checking in, Internet style, myself today. I would have preferred to have been able to devote the day to the event, but oh, well.....

Good luck to everyone.....and get out of my way! B)

game day number 4 on my route to 1st

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE opening day! Good luck to you all! B)

It's really crappy here in the Philly area.

I'm about 20 miles from CBP, and we've been getting a steady drizzle all morning....with it supposedly getting worse over the course of the afternoon. I'm kinda glad I don't have tickets for today.

I'm getting pissed now. First, 3 of the 4 games take rain delays. Then I go to Quiznos to get a Prime Rib Sub...they're out of prime rib. Then I have to follow a f'ing Ford Taurus to Burger King. Meal not bad though. I get back and start to watch Zambrano pitch. Another Rain Delay takes place. The Rays get off to a good start, but I need to watch the Cards open the season, so I switch to watch the 1st half of inning. I try to flip back to the Rays to check on it. While MLBTV Premium is not working the Cards pound Francis in the bottom of the 1st. And until now MLB Premium has been down. It better be working by the time I quit typing this dammit! And it better not be snowing outside! B)

I'm getting pissed now. First, 3 of the 4 games take rain delays. Then I go to Quiznos to get a Prime Rib Sub...they're out of prime rib. Then I have to follow a f'ing Ford Taurus to Burger King. Meal not bad though. I get back and start to watch Zambrano pitch. Another Rain Delay takes place. The Rays get off to a good start, but I need to watch the Cards open the season, so I switch to watch the 1st half of inning. I try to flip back to the Rays to check on it. While MLBTV Premium is not working the Cards pound Francis in the bottom of the 1st. And until now MLB Premium has been down. It better be working by the time I quit typing this dammit! And it better not be snowing outside! B)

I signed up for MLB.TV for the first time. I downloaded Mosaic and got an error message stating that it could not verify my location for blackout restrictions. I call MLB technical support. I wait 30 minutes to talk with someone. Finally get a "technical" person on the phone. I read the error message to the "technical" person. He proceeds to tell me what teams are blacked out in my area. I tell him that I'm not calling to find out what teams are blacked out in my area. I again read the error message to the "technical" person. He puts me on hold. He gets back on the phone with me after 5 minutes. He again proceeds to tell me what teams are blacked out in my area. I sit there for a moment in disbelief. I then proceed to tell him that he should be ashamed of himself to have a "technical" position when he doesn't have a friggin clue. I then proceed to demand my money back in which I am getting a full refund. I then immediately call DirecTV to re-subscribe to MLB Extra Innings. The wife kind of got upset. But after I explained to her that she can now watch Derek Jeter on TV again, she realized that we're both getting something out of this. :)

MLB.TV Sucks ARSE!!!!

time for some trade offers, who wants to work out a deal?

I've already tried! B)

I know I've been asking quite a few questions already, but what happens with the guys on the DL on the day that they go off the DL? i.e. If I have 1 roster spot left and two of them come off the DL on the same day what happens with my lineup? Will I get a little pop-up asking me which player I would like to drop or what? The worse case scenario would be Yahoo automatically dropping one of the two players coming off the DL. That won't happen. Correct?

I know I've been asking quite a few questions already, but what happens with the guys on the DL on the day that they go off the DL? i.e. If I have 1 roster spot left and two of them come off the DL on the same day what happens with my lineup? Will I get a little pop-up asking me which player I would like to drop or what? The worse case scenario would be Yahoo automatically dropping one of the two players coming off the DL. That won't happen. Correct?

Yahoo will tell you to drop a player (or however many you'd need) in order to have a legal roster

Yahoo will tell you to drop a player (or however many you'd need) in order to have a legal roster

Cool. Thank you, man. I appreciate it. I was hoping it would be that way and not cut throat. Thanks for also being so quick to answer the INF = infinity for WHIP question.

got a bunch of ball breakers in this league....lol j/k come on mo!! trade me Gordon!

Alex would look good in a Lyricist Uniform. B) He can even keep his old number.

That's true, but to take it a step further, you won't have to activate one of the DL'ed players until you try to make another move, including a trade. As RSD wrote, you will be told that you must activate the player first. I've seen/heard about trades getting cancelled because of that.

And no, Yahoo won't autodrop any players.

Cool. Thank you, man. I appreciate it. I was hoping it would be that way and not cut throat. Thanks for also being so quick to answer the INF = infinity for WHIP question.

no worries man... it's pretty user friendly, and makes moves semi obvious so you don't make any accidental mistakes

That's true, but to take it a step further, you won't have to activate one of the DL'ed players until you try to make another move, including a trade. As RSD wrote, you will be told that you must activate the player first. I've seen/heard about trades getting cancelled because of that.

Absolutely correct. Just as a major league team does not have to activate someone from the 15/60 day DL the second they are eligible, neither do you.

Absolutely correct. Just as a major league team does not have to activate someone from the 15/60 day DL the second they are eligible, neither do you.

Good news. I was thinking about the LaRoche, Lowry, and (probably) Shields situations, too. No question I want Lidge active next week. I might be able to beat the commish in saves.

Alex would look good in a Lyricist Uniform. B) He can even keep his old number.

you willing to pay? Ill duke you out over gordon

OMGZ!!!!! Mo went and traded Gordon!

SON-OF-A-Basically for James 'Freakin' Loney. He must have REALLY wanted David Wright.

SON-OF-A-Basically for James 'Freakin' Loney. He must have REALLY wanted David Wright.

[/quote

ya thats the 3rd baseman i was targetting, got undercutted....now i need a new target, who wants to trade me a 3B?

If that cat doesn't become the next Don Mattingly, then it will have been a BIG price to pay.

realistically, Gordon and Loney should have similar value. only Gordon being drafted in the 3rd round makes it look like a stretch.

realistically, Gordon and Loney should have similar value. only Gordon being drafted in the 3rd round makes it look like a stretch.

Yeah guys, I know I paid a lot. But this was my thinking....

My original offer was Howard, Gordon & Willis for Wright, Loney & Hughes. Reginald countered with the offer that I wound up accepting. Maybe I should have insisted on getting Hughes in the deal but I thought it over and decided to just accept it "as is".

I figure that Wright helps me in many more categories than Howard. Biggest being bags & BA. He's only 24, Howard is 29 so Wright can potentially get even better than he already is (That's scary). Howard has already peaked.

Now, let's break down Gordon & Loney. Loney, again is only 24 and has shown that he can hit ML pitching. Gordon has yet to prove that he can (I seriously believe he will be great). But, if he winds up being a bust, I lose all trade value. If he had a bad second year, who would give me value for him? Also, 1st base is a very deep position in the majors in where 3rd base is a much more shallow position to fill. I feel confident that I can always pickup a solid 1st baseman. I do believe that Loney is the real deal. He has shown that he can hit for both, BA & power. I couldn't ask for a better 24 year old 1st baseman.

Anyway, I hope this deal works out for both of us. I love making trades. More importantly, I love making trades that pleases both sides. We all are in this for the long haul so why rip anyone off in where no one wants to deal with you?

Now, go after Reginald hard because I'm sure getting Gordon will be a little easier for you guys! B)