Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roy Hobbs

First Draft of 07...how'd I do?

Had my first draft of the year last night. 16 team league.

QB Matt Hasselbeck (Pick # 62)

QB Jay Cutler (135)

RB Joseph Addai (6)

RB Edgerrin James (23)

RB Thomas Jones (51)

RB Jerious Norwood (79)

RB Ron Dayne (202)

RB Julius Jones (90)

WR Roy Williams (34)

WR Mushin Muhammed (118)

WR DJ Hackett (107)

WR Dwyane Jarrett (174)

WR Wes Welker (219)

TE Jerramy Stevens (146)

K Jason Hanson (163)

DEF Kansas City (191)

The basic scoring:

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (5)

Interceptions (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (7)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (7)

Return Yards (5 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (7)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Anyone? Over 50 views and no replies? I like the fantasy baseball section better...

Too early.... I personally haven't paid too close attention to where players should be ranked and what not, especially as it gets into the later rounds.

Ah. This is the earliest I've ever drafted...Any thoughts on the running backs at least?

Like your QB's

RB's are pretty solid although there's no real true "stud" there. A lot will depend on how Edge bounces back and whether Jones or Norwood pan out.

WR's are weak after Roy but I guess that's to be expected in a 16 team league. Someone will emerge off the wire or you will be able to swing a trade.

Overall not too bad although you don't have any true "superstars" besides maybe Roy and that includes your defense and kicker.

Thanks. I didn't have much in the way of resources before the draft, just one magazine. It'll be interesting to see how this team turns out. I think Cutler was a steal with that draft pick.

Anyone who starts this early to draft is crazy in my mind. How do you know if a key player gets injured or a player you choose losses his job in TC. You never know. That's why I wait after TC is over and then draft.

Lol. Usually I don't either. But it was a fun test run and it'll be interesting to see how it turns out. Plus it didn't cost any money so what's the harm?

Don't know how many you start at each position but you may want to consider moving a RB for a WR.

Don't know how many you start at each position but you may want to consider moving a RB for a WR.

I have to agree here. Especially when the season starts and they need running backs bad. They WILL have to overpay for a running back.

I don't like the fact that the draft was so early for you. I have only just barely started to look at Football, and the draft.

I also think you are weak in WR, but you should be able to swing a trade for one of your RB's.

That was the idea. Focus on the RBs and make them overpay in a trade. I normally never draft this early, I just wanted to run a draft in a league and see what happened.

It's a free yahoo league so no cost involved.

5 yards/point return?

None of your guys will matter after the season starts. Pay close attention to the first week or two for who is getting all the returns. I was in a league with this stat last year.

I drafted Tiki, Moss, D.Jackson, Deuce, Horn, Addai, Keyshawn, Bruce, C.Brown, Dante Hall.....By the end of the year, my RB/WR were:

Cribbs, Drummond, Faulk, Hall, Bethel Johnson, Reno Mahe, Morency, Bobby Wade, Wilkins, Arrington.

It was a points league and I won by over 500 points!

I traded Tiki for Brees, Deuce rode my bench (he was a no-drop guy), dropped Addai, Keyshawn, Bruce, Horn, Brown.

The return points will far outweigh the receiving points by the end of the year.

Had my first draft of the year last night. 16 team league.

QB Matt Hasselbeck (Pick # 62)

QB Jay Cutler (135)

RB Joseph Addai (6)

RB Edgerrin James (23)

RB Thomas Jones (51)

RB Jerious Norwood (79)

RB Ron Dayne (202)

RB Julius Jones (90)

WR Roy Williams (34)

WR Mushin Muhammed (118)

WR DJ Hackett (107)

WR Dwyane Jarrett (174)

WR Wes Welker (219)

TE Jerramy Stevens (146)

K Jason Hanson (163)

DEF Kansas City (191)

The basic scoring:

Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (5)

Interceptions (-1)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (7)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (7)

Return Yards (5 yards per point)

Return Touchdowns (7)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

your wr's after Roy suck .... get more some wr's that get return yards like Welker ... you have plenty of depth at RB ... I like addai but i think edge will flop again. Trade him and Stevens for a good WR and Gates.

5 yards/point return?

None of your guys will matter after the season starts. Pay close attention to the first week or two for who is getting all the returns. I was in a league with this stat last year.

I drafted Tiki, Moss, D.Jackson, Deuce, Horn, Addai, Keyshawn, Bruce, C.Brown, Dante Hall.....By the end of the year, my RB/WR were:

Cribbs, Drummond, Faulk, Hall, Bethel Johnson, Reno Mahe, Morency, Bobby Wade, Wilkins, Arrington.

It was a points league and I won by over 500 points!

I traded Tiki for Brees, Deuce rode my bench (he was a no-drop guy), dropped Addai, Keyshawn, Bruce, Horn, Brown.

The return points will far outweigh the receiving points by the end of the year.

Thanks for pointing that one out! One good thing about drafting this early is I can do some trades that I couldn't pull off later on. I think I might trade Edge for a good WR and TE, and scout out those guys. Who are some good return guys?

Thanks for pointing that one out! One good thing about drafting this early is I can do some trades that I couldn't pull off later on. I think I might trade Edge for a good WR and TE, and scout out those guys. Who are some good return guys?

Check out the depth charts, and check 'em again closer to the start of the season. Usually CBS Sportsline is pretty up to date. If you go to the team links, there will be a depth chart section.....

Thanks. I checked out the league and found these return guys available:

Joshua Cribbs

Eddie Drummand

JJ Arrington

Dante Hall

Bobby Wade

Bethel Johnson

Rock Cartwright

....basically all the guys that were mentioned above. Should I drop my WRs except for Williams for them? Also what could I get for Edge + Stevens in terms of WR's?