Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sya

Stifler Dynasty Baseball

MiLB spots I'll increase to 10. So 28 total MLB players and 10 total MiLB. As for the OPS, we can vote on that.

I'm actually in favor of AVG instead of OPS. So anyone else want to voice their opinion about this? We''ll go with the majority. Hoepfully it can be resolved soon so we can kick of the draft.

avg for sure... we already have total bases, so ops would be redundant

and my aim is TheDude4bides

i would personally prefer ops to the average/total bases part tho... take out holds, tb, and avg and replace with ops... 5x5?

or

replace avg with obp... then you get the total bases + obp gets you roughly ops if you wanna stay 6x6

im against 7x7. Lets keep it 6x6. I wont cry if we use AVG

avg for sure... we already have total bases, so ops would be redundant

and my aim is TheDude4bides

Not necessarily.. OPS also includes walks which is not accounted for at all. We already have hits..so wouldn't avg be redundant as well?

Not necessarily.. OPS also includes walks which is not accounted for at all. We already have hits..so wouldn't avg be redundant as well?

so lets do obp... that counts walks and isn't redundant with the total bases...

or like i edited above, do ops and drop avg, tb, holds and make it 5x5...

so lets do obp... that counts walks and isn't redundant with the total bases...

or like i edited above, do ops and drop avg, tb, holds and make it 5x5...

have tb and ops at the same time will put way too much weight on sluggers

is the 1st pick even here yet? lol

why not just standard 5x5? I'm all aboard that vote

Because i need a challenge B) Anyways Im down with 5x5

hm quite a debate, nice start. I think we should stick with the 6x6, with the holds. In a very deep league, I think we need to make more RP's relevant. I'll come up with a decision on this later, hopefully it will make everyone happy

have tb and ops at the same time will put way too much weight on sluggers

Yeah True. I just don't like hits and average as separate categories. If you win one you are pretty much guaranteed to win the other.

if you guys want it 5x5 im okay with it as well. so that means AVG, HR, RBI, SB, Runs & W, ERA, WHIP, K's, Saves?

Or OPS?

HITS IS NOT PART OF OUR SCORING, there may have been some confusion based on what I read in some posts

wait, what the heck happened to SB?

my vote is 6x6:

R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, [TB or SLG]

W, K, HD, SV, ERA, WHIP

definitely at least OBP instead of AVG to count BB... and either TB or SLG or OPS, not two of them, because that is too heavily weighted to sluggers... my vote is SLG or TB because OPS includes OPB/AVG as part of it, so that double counts too...

if you guys want it 5x5 im okay with it as well. so that means AVG, HR, RBI, SB, Runs & W, ERA, WHIP, K's, Saves?

Or OPS?

HITS IS NOT PART OF OUR SCORING, there may have been some confusion based on what I read in some posts

hits was in your original post instead of stolen bases lol... got it...

Or OPS?

That is what is said in your original post. Guess you meant SB?

oh yeah I must be getting confused too B) i'll be gone for a while. If you need to go to sleep, come back tomorrow and we'll have final scoring for sure. I'll post it later. ANd hopefully Spike11 will be ready to draft too

sya, do u think i will have my pick by 7 AM tomm. Ill leave my pick with you if I cant make it.

sya, do u think i will have my pick by 7 AM tomm. Ill leave my pick with you if I cant make it.

lol def not 7am... we still haven't decided on our scoring system yet... it'll probably be noon at the earliest... what is our time limit? 12 hrs? (tho we should move as quickly as possible)...?

5x5= AVG RUNS RBIS HRS SB X WINS SAVES KS ERA WHIP

that's what I'd prefer

i would be just fine with that also, so long as avg is obp instead... BB are a big part of the game...

No time limit, but if it gets ugly we'll implement one. to speed up the process, PM the guy after you when you make your pick so he knows he's OTC. Plus if you have an idea who you want to pick or your turn is near but you need to leave, PM your picks to someone. It will be better if you leave more than a name or two just to make sure you get your guy.

PROPOSED SCORING SYSTEM 6x6:

AVG, BB, Runs, HR, RBI, SB & W, ERA, WHIP, K, Holds, Saves

- AVG because it got the majority thus far, but to make room for walks, we'll include BB instead. I liked the idea of OBP instead of AVG, but I really feel we need to make holds part of the scoring, because if not then very few RP's will be relevant thus ruining the balance. So I made AVG & Walks separate instead to make it 6x6.

- I removed total bases because it will put too much emphasis on HR. And it's quite redundant with HR.

- Negative thing here is doubles and triples are not accounted for, but at least that will somewhat reflect in AVG.

One thing that I'm not very sure of, is WALKS/BB in the Yahoo scoring? Or can it be made part of the scoring?

I think if someone wants to create a forum for this. It would be a really neat idea. Much easier to keep track of the draft. If I have time I'll do it tomorrow, and that way, those of us that are comfortable being texted can post SN's, Cell numbers etc.

Much more organized that way and we'll run into a lot fewer problems.

I can get down with that

Sure has been a lot of debate...I'm up for anything. Normal 5x5 would be very simple. However, I think we all want a bit of an added challenge. BBs and HLDs look good as the final 2 cats. In a league this big, we definitely need to expand the player pool a bit, and HLDs does that. Its not the best cat, but I'm in another HLDs league, and it isn't too bad. It stinks though when a CL goes down, and the next in line RP is already on a team lol.

Edit: we can trade draft picks right?

No time limit, but if it gets ugly we'll implement one. to speed up the process, PM the guy after you when you make your pick so he knows he's OTC. Plus if you have an idea who you want to pick or your turn is near but you need to leave, PM your picks to someone. It will be better if you leave more than a name or two just to make sure you get your guy.

- AVG because it got the majority thus far, but to make room for walks, we'll include BB instead. I liked the idea of OBP instead of AVG, but I really feel we need to make holds part of the scoring, because if not then very few RP's will be relevant thus ruining the balance. So I made AVG & Walks separate instead to make it 6x6.

- I removed total bases because it will put too much emphasis on HR. And it's quite redundant with HR.

- Negative thing here is doubles and triples are not accounted for, but at least that will somewhat reflect in AVG.

One thing that I'm not very sure of, is WALKS/BB in the Yahoo scoring? Or can it be made part of the scoring?

I like OPS, R, RBI, HR, SB

and to make it 5X5.... I'm just throwin an idea out there

Since W's are so irregular and arbitrary..... what if we substituted QS for them? We can keep holds that way....

Buehler? Buehler???

I like OPS, R, RBI, HR, SB

and to make it 5X5.... I'm just throwin an idea out there

Since W's are so irregular and arbitrary..... what if we substituted QS for them? We can keep holds that way....

Buehler? Buehler???

Wouldn't that make it 5x6?