Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dcc1220

Will Inman

I'm in a 24-team 40-man roster strat league. We are allowed 5-uncarded player on our roster. I currently have Michael Moustakas that I will obviously keep. The only other uncarded player I would consider keeping that I have is Will Inman. Does anyone have any thoughts on him for me?

Keep in mind that most of the top prospects people talk about are all ready on teams. For example, of MiLB top 50 released last month 20 of the top 30 have already been drafted in our league. The guys from that list that are available are Madison Baumgarner, Neftali Perez, Brett Anderson, Dextor Fowler, Chris Tillman, Trevor Cahill, Tim Beckham, Tommy Hanson, Mike Stanton, and Eric Hosmer. All these guys will most likely be gone in the first round of our draft with me getting one of them.

Thanks for any opinions.

I just joined the site. Should this have been asked in the Bench Coach Forum?

Not keeping him just means that I free up another spot for a different uncarded player.

Perhaps a better question I need to find an answer to is will Inman see any time up in the majors in 2009? I adopted this team a year ago and Inman was already on it. I kept him, and he had a nice year at AA, but I am not sure I want to have one of my uncarded spots taken up by a guy I didn't draft for three seasons. If I keep him I would really like to see him turn over as I already have Moustakas long-term and plan to take another very young player with my first pick this year.

Last year my uncarded slots were Fukodome, BJ Ryan, Gio Gonzalez, Moustakas, and Inman. The first three are now carded. Should I hang in there with Inman for another season? I am leaning toward yes. His walk total is a little high but obviously the K rate is good.

Not keeping him just means that I free up another spot for a different uncarded player.

Perhaps a better question I need to find an answer to is will Inman see any time up in the majors in 2009? I adopted this team a year ago and Inman was already on it. I kept him, and he had a nice year at AA, but I am not sure I want to have one of my uncarded spots taken up by a guy I didn't draft for three seasons. If I keep him I would really like to see him turn over as I already have Moustakas long-term and plan to take another very young player with my first pick this year.

Last year my uncarded slots were Fukodome, BJ Ryan, Gio Gonzalez, Moustakas, and Inman. The first three are now carded. Should I hang in there with Inman for another season? I am leaning toward yes. His walk total is a little high but obviously the K rate is good.

i would def hang in another year with him

I just joined the site. Should this have been asked in the Bench Coach Forum?

If you asked a BC question on a MLB player, yes, it would go there.

If you asked a trade question on MILB questions, yes it would go there, since trade talks get into very specific discussions on player values for that trade.

Since the minors forum is dedicated to MILB players only, we allow more latitude about milb drafting, since milb drafts are the main reason people are seeking more information. Once a player gets the MLB callup, though, we ask that the BC questions go to the BC Forum. Likewise, when a MILB player gets the call, general fantasy discussion goes to the Main Baseball Talk Forum.

Hope that helps.

I would DEFINITELY keep Inman.

He MAY get a mid to late season call up (depends on how he does at AAA and just how bad the pitching staff is after Peavy and Young).

If he doesn't, he will most likely be up next year.

And, out of the guys you mentioned being available, I would aim for Cahill, Hanson, Bumgarner and Stanton...in that order.

Wow, Inman didn't make the Padres top ten list for Baseball America. I thought he would be in the second half of that list.

Seeing as he is pretty much going unranked in most top prospect lists I would feel confident in dropping him, and then you could see if there's a guy you like more than him with the pick you gain. If not then I imagine you should be able to scoop him up again.

I think scouts have soured on him as his control has got progressively worse in the last 2 years, his BB/9 last year was 4.7

He has really strung a handful of nice starts together, including a very nice outing today. The BBs haven't been as much of a problem this year as they have in the past. Definitely someone to keep an eye on, especially with that rotation really lacking depth and struggling big time. Another nice start or two with the BBs held down, and we might see a call up. Going into tonight he had 7 BBs in 37+ IP. Tonight he went 7 IP, 0 ER, 7 SO's, 1 BB, and 2 hits.

Who are your other options to pick up to replace Inman?... Inman should see MLB time this year a September call up at the very least. I am thinking he should get even more time than that.

I dropped him.

Dropping him allowed me to draft Eric Hosmer and Grant Green to go along with Michael Moustakas, Jason Heyward, and Carlos Carrasco.

I have since traded Carlos Carrasco away as part of a trade that got me Stephen Strasburg.

Inman went undrafted in our league this year and will be available next year if I really want him back.