Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheWrightStuff

'Burg Baseball

Hello everyone. This is the official thread for our league, 'Burg Baseball. This league is for close friends/family, so those of

you who are not that, please refrain from posting. Thank you!

Our league will be a Yahoo! one year (for now), head to head, 10 team mixed league with daily transactions

It will contain standard 5x5 categories (Hitting: HR, RBI, R, SB, AVG and Pitching: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP).

There will be a minimum of 35 IP per week rule implemented, but not used as a category.

Starting Rosters will be made up of the following: 1 C, 1 1B, 1 2B, 1 SS, 1 3B, 3 OF, 2 Utility (any position), 5 SP, 2 RP (8 bench)...

a total roster of 25 players

Any other minor settings/rules can be ironed out as the process goes along and/or when Yahoo! decides to make their league registration available.

*We are going to draft via this thread. We would need active participation to ensure the picks were made in a relatively "quick" manner...meaning if you know you won't be able to make a pick as your turn approaches, you should either instant message (AIM), text or personal message (via RotoWorld) your picks or a list of 5 or so picks to someone else in the league. The link below is a spreadsheet (via Google Docs) that I will update as often as possible to show the draft results. Once we have 10 guys, I will use an online site to randomize draft order and we can begin from there.

Any questions/comments, please post here!

Thanks!

PS: You can see which members are present and reading the thread by looking at the bottom of the page where it says:

"#" User(s) are reading this topic

***The league spreadsheet (draft results) link is:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pi6...CoZYA&hl=en

(You will need a google account to access this!)

Hidden

can the mods please delete SHAWNZO's unnecessary postS? he is not part of this league. i dont know him.

thanks

you got it. that's exactly how you will post your picks, too. then, when you highlight/scroll over a person's user-name/id, you can send a personal message ...if not sending your picks through AIM/text in the event you may not be at the computer come your pick.

Draft results (randomized on profantasysports.com)

Serpentine Style Draft

Round 1

1.1----DAVE

1.2----RON

1.3----JOHN

1.4----BRYAN

1.5----SAL

1.6----STEVE

1.7----JIM

1.8----DAN

Dave, who will create a RW id tomorrow, picked David Wright #1. I just spoke to him and told him I would post that for him. Ron is on the clock. Let's try to get these picks done asap and if you can't be at the computer, get in touch with someone...cell #s are in the league spreadsheet above. Thanks!

As John works on his RW account, he asks me to select Hanley Ramirez for him. Bryan is on the clock.

Round 1

1.1----DAVE: David Wright, 3B

1.2----RON: Alex Rodriguez, 3B

1.3----JOHN: Hanley Ramirez, SS

1.4----BRYAN

1.5----SAL

1.6----STEVE

1.7----JIM

1.8----DAN

Draft tracker spreadsheet:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pi6...CoZYA&hl=en

sorry guys. Haven't heard from Pol. once he realizes this is up and running, we'll be good from that point on.

hey, things should pick up tomorrow once Bryan realizes this is happening ... it's on him and after tomorrow, less leniency with time b/t picks!!! thanks for your patience guys. it will get better

Bryan, left numerous voicemails and texts for you yesterday and today, so if you're looking anytime after work today, great....if not, then we are going to put a deadline of 6:00pm for you to make your pick. If you aren't around, then you can have the next highest rated player according to the CBS fantasy baseball rankings. I don't want to have to put deadlines on, but we need to get this process moving...hopefully once everyone knows it's up and running, this will get rolling quicker.