Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yankees11

Who to keep?

I'm in a 12-team,4x4, AL-only auction league. We have a farm team of minor league players that has a cap of 7 players on it. Currently I have 6 of the 7 spots filled with:

Rick Porcello

Austin Jackson

Engle Beltre

Wilkin Ramirez

Trevor Crowe

Daniel Bard.

This year I have 3 draft picks, the 16th, 19th and 31st overall. Who, if any, from my list should I dump to make room for my 3 picks this year? I need to create 2 spots, trade away my picks or "burn" my last 2 picks as I wouldn't have the room under our 7-player cap.

Obviously Porcello, Jackson, and Beltre are keepers, but what about the others? Should they stay or should they go? Thanks for your input.

i wouldn't keep wilkin ramirez. he was more of a flash in the pan last season as he tailed off down the stretch. i am not as familiar with crowe and bard. i recall bard being highly regarded awhile ago, but haven't heard much the last 2 years at all. hope that helped some.

I'd drop Trevor Crowe and Daniel Bard for sure... Possibly trade Rick Porcello's over rated hype off to someone else.

Otherwise if you had to drop a third one I'd drop Austin Jackson. Engel Beltre is a similar player with a much higher ceiling.

a) when do you have to decide by? if you can wait to decide until your pick is up, do that and see if there's someone you like more than what you have.

B) don't give up on bard if you can help it. he's going to be a very good relief pitcher and might end up closing somewhere in a couple of years.

c) don't listen to rotocious's porcello snipe. in fact, i think misconceptions about him being a power pitcher are leading him to be somewhat underrated. but we'll cover that in the porcello vs. feliz debate...

I've been following Crowe for a while and he's very droppable. He should have made a splash by now and they just added him to the 40-man. He's a speedy CF who never really panned out and is cockblocked by Grady Sizemore.

Skoodog is dead on re: Crowe, and out of that bunch, yes I'd drop Ramirez. Those are the 2 guys to say goodbye to.

With Bard, it's simple - is the guy you'd get with the extra 3rd pick going to be better than Bard? In a deep league, I'm skeptical, although I don't think he'll be anything more than a 'pen arm - but as db alluded to, if anything happens to Papelbon, I know I'd peg Bard as the heir apparent.

a) when do you have to decide by? if you can wait to decide until your pick is up, do that and see if there's someone you like more than what you have.

B) don't give up on bard if you can help it. he's going to be a very good relief pitcher and might end up closing somewhere in a couple of years.

c) don't listen to rotocious's porcello snipe. in fact, i think misconceptions about him being a power pitcher are leading him to be somewhat underrated. but we'll cover that in the porcello vs. feliz debate...

I have to drop players before the beginning of our minor league draft (middle of March), as any dropped players are then available to be drafted by the other owners. Thanks to all of you for your input. I was leaning towards dropping Crowe as he is 26 years old and is still a "prospect". I'd hate to drop Bard, as I have also heard good things about him and could be potentially the Red Sox closer of the future - Papelbon is only signing one year deals for some reason.

I've also heard good things about Ramirez.

Thanks to all of you for your input.

If that's the case than definitely get rid of Crowe and Ramirez. I'd hold on to Bard, but could understand not doing so.