Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dodgerblues

Moneyball Movie

I guess you guys didn't see the movie or have missed the fact other teams adopted some of Beane's philosophies. Yes the big 3 and others helped the A's more than the Hattebergs. But those cheap pieces played a crucial role as well.

The A's approach now doesn't matter - look at their approach then. That's what the movie is about. And at the time Beane was one of the front runners for a style that did sweep through the entire sport.

Actually, no one has missed the fact that Beane’s style & approach has since swept through baseball like the Black Death swept through Europe. What’s been missed is how Beane’s style & approach gets too much credit for the A’s success during that run, since that success was mainly due to pitching.

Actually, no one has missed the fact that Beane’s style & approach has since swept through baseball like the Black Death swept through Europe. What’s been missed is how Beane’s style & approach gets too much credit for the A’s success during that run, since that success was mainly due to pitching.

So your complaint is a movie from Hollywood took a true story, minimized some parts and took liberties in other areas?

So your complaint is a movie from Hollywood took a true story, minimized some parts and took liberties in other areas?

Not at all. I originally posted only to due to my issues w/ a Rocky & Moneyball comparison as it relates to the issue of winning a competition. :)

Not at all. I originally posted only to due to my issues w/ a Rocky & Moneyball comparison as it relates to the issue of winning a competition. :)

So you have no actual complaints about this movie but simply want to nitpick my statements?

So you have no actual complaints about this movie but simply want to nitpick my statements?

Feel free to interpret it as nitpicking. Enjoy the Super Bowl!

If Jonah Hill wins best supporting actor for basically just staring at Brad Pitt while looking like a fat walrus, we can pretty much just disregard the Academy Awards as any semblance of accurate critique of acting.

Either that or retroactively give Jabba the Hutt best supporting actor for his work in the Star Wars dynasty.

If Jonah Hill wins best supporting actor for basically just staring at Brad Pitt while looking like a fat walrus, we can pretty much just disregard the Academy Awards as any semblance of accurate critique of acting.

Either that or retroactively give Jabba the Hutt best supporting actor for his work in the Star Wars dynasty.

Well, Cuba Gooding Jr won for "Jerry Maguire", so anything is possible. He basically won for yelling "SHOW ME THE MONAAY!" repeatedly.