Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rusty Barr

Want to try a different baseball league format?

-

DRAFT:

Our Live Draft is in the CBS Sportsline Fantasy League Manager Draft War Room. 25 rounds.

(Serpentine Order 1-12, 12-1)

Any remaining players you would like to immediately add/change to your roster will be done through waivers which will be turned on right after the draft ends.

Draft order for Season 2 and beyond are pre-determined from prior season rankings. We will use the formula the real life NFL uses.

Draft time and date is Tuesday, March 31, 2009 starting at 8:15 PM EST East Coast Time USA.

Owners DO NOT have to fill their 22 required starting spots with their first 22 draft picks; i.e. you can pick your second catcher with your 10th pick if you'd like.

There are no Minor League players in the draft. Draft MLB players during our draft whenever you wish, at your own risk. LOL. CBS determines MLB players from M league players. We use their eligibility.

-

STANDINGS:

Roto H2H Each Category - you are awarded a win or loss or tie for EACH category that you win or lose or tie each week against your opponent for that week.

-

SCORING:

Teams will compete for accumulative stats in six offensive and six pitching categories weekly, with each category weighted equally.

Hitters:

AB (Goal is to be High)

R (Low)

HR (Low)

RBI (Low)

K (High)

AVG (Low)

Pitchers:

IP (High)

L (High)

HR allowed (High)

ERA (High)

WHIP (High)

K (Low)

Pitchers' hitting stats will not generate any hitting points, and batter's pitching stats will not generate pitching points.

-

STARTING LINEUPS:

Starting lineups will consist of:

* 1 Catcher

* 1 First Baseman

* 1 Second Baseman

* 1 Shortstop

* 1 Third Baseman

* 1 Middle Infielder (2B/SS)

* 1 Corner Infielder (1B/3B)

* 1 Utility Player (any offensive position)

* 5 Outfielders

* 9 Pitchers

Players are eligible at the positions they've played 20 games last year or 10 games this year. CBS will automatically govern all position eligibility.

Lineups are set once for the start of each period.

Deadline is 30 minutes before game-time on the first day of the period.

-

STARTING LINEUPS MINIMUMS AND MAXIMUMS:

There is a 7 (GS) Games Started pitching weekly maximum, but no minimum or maximum requirement for number of starting pitchers or relief pitchers on each roster. Should any team exceed the maximum limit of 7 GS pitched by the end of the game week, the league and overall rankings will be altered to show that team losing that week H2H in all the pitching categories 0 to 6 to his opponent.

There is a MINIMUM to the number of team hitting (AB) At Bats per week of 200. Should any team not meet the 200 team AB minimum by the end of the game week, the league and overall rankings will be altered to show that team losing that week H2H all the hitting categories 0 to 6 to his opponent.

-

SCHEDULE:

Every team plays every other team 2 times in our regular season.

Balanced H2H schedule randomly generated by CBS.

In the head to head format, each team will play another team in a weekly match-up. The winner is determined by how many categories they win against their opponent. Ties stay. Our weekly win-loss-tie records are tracked through the regular season to determine standings, rankings and playoff seedings. The playoffs will determine the prize money winners.

The regular season will extend from Opening Day 2009 through the final game of OUR regular season.

The end of the league schedule looks like this:

Period 22: 8/31/09 - 9/6/09 (Last week of our regular season)

Period 23: 9/7/09 - 9/13/09 (Playoffs Week 1)

Period 24: 9/14/09 - 9/20/09 (Playoffs Week 2)

Period 25: 9/21/09 - 9/27/09 (Playoffs Week 3)

-

PLAYOFFS:

The Top 6 teams by Overall H2H Win/Loss/Tie Winning Percentage at end of our regular season make the playoffs as Playoff Seeds 1 through 6.

Winning percentage 1 through 6 seed ties will be broken by overall combined H2H results; not adding the stats, but the results; so if Team A and Team B ends the regular season with the same winning pct, and the first time they played, Team A beat Team B (5-3-2) and the second time they played Team B beat Team A (6-2-2); then Team B gets the seed based on an overall H2H record of 9-7-4 against Team A.

The playoff bracket will be formatted like this:

Winners Bracket

6 Teams

Playoff Week 1 (Period 23)

Bye - First Place and Second Place

Third Place vs. Sixth Place

Fourth Place vs. Fifth Place

Playoff Week 2 (Period 24)

B3 First Place vs. Lowest Seed winner

B4 Second Place vs. other winner

Playoff Week 3 & 4 (Period 25)

Championship Game - Winner of B3 vs. Winner of B4

Third Place Prize Game: Loser of B3 vs. Loser of B4

We allow lineup changes between playoff rounds.

Playoff Tie Breaker:

Seed

-

The football league I run has a similar rulebook and we've been going strong since 1992. My goal is that this league will be just as successful.

Chris

-

The draft is Tuesday night March 31st at 8:15 pm east coast time.

I have read that leagues like this are a blast and figured it might be a lot of fun.

I am guessing it will be like IDP in fantasy football, where it will give you an opportunity to follow a part of baseball you would normally never follow. The bottom players, so to speak.

Hope you will consider joining us.

Best,

Chris

-

The draft is Tuesday night March 31st at 8:15 pm east coast time.

I have read that leagues like this are a blast and figured it might be a lot of fun.

I am guessing it will be like IDP in fantasy football, where it will give you an opportunity to follow a part of baseball you would normally never follow. The bottom players, so to speak.

Hope you will consider joining us.

Best,

Chris

-

Who are you trying to convince?

I think this league is the #1 pick of its own draft. B)

Just kidding. Good luck!

5 spots open

we are trying to fill the league

7 have committed so far

I was so excited when I first learned of the format. I am honestly shocked more people are not willing to try it for $25 bucks.

Ive been trying to fill the league for weeks.

ARGH

-

Several have emailed me about interest in the league...only to find out that I am asking for $25 for the pot and then another $13 to subsidize the CBS website fee. (A total of $38). When they hear about the $38 they back away with concerns about not wanting to spend money on a league format they have no experience with....Well, I just want you to note, that NONE of us have ANY experience with this format. It is completely 100% new for all of us. This is going to be an experiment. I THINK we all are going to enjoy this but we may not. How will we know unless we try it? Hence the $25 to the pot. Well, you may ask, then why not just run a free league? Well, my thoughts are, having played in free leagues before, unless you put a little bit in to the pot, the league just has a high probability of folding quickly. GMs simply lose interest quickly in a league where they have no monetary investment once things start to go poorly for them. They stop messing with their lineups. They become AWOL on trade offers. They make no free agent moves. And you get even two or three like this and it can completely wreck the league! To me, $25 is the least you can have to the pot, if you want guys to give it at least some sort of effort. I mean, if you do the math here, It comes out to about $1 a week to play. Certainly not a big investment. so, if you have been hesitating because of the league fee, please reconsider? We've got 7 and need 5 more guys to sign up. We would love to have you join us for the "experiment" If its fun, we'll have future seasons, if not, we'll vote, pay out, and just do a one and done. Best, Chris chrisfranco@sc.rr.com is my email. -

B)

This league is filled with good, fun guys who are going to be just as clueless as who to draft and start as you. I should know I am one of them. Don't miss your chance on something fun and out of the box. Draft is soon.