Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aacal

Sportsline blocked

As of today my company is blocking our league site on sportsline. Anyone have any ideas how to access a site that is blocked?

As of today my company is blocking our league site on sportsline. Anyone have any ideas how to access a site that is blocked?

Yeah, get really friendly with a tech guy. Take him out for beers, and buy his help!!!!!

Host using your home computer as a proxy or VNC. Requires some decent back work but a few google searches should help you out.

Don't overuse it though or your IT people will figure it out.

Host using your home computer as a proxy or VNC. Requires some decent back work but a few google searches should help you out.

Don't overuse it though or your IT people will figure it out.

For the tehcnically un-sound, is this difficult? That was practically in greek for me. I'm assuming I should just continue on with sweating out big news drops for guys I want to add until I get home to see if I've been beaten to the punch yet again?

get a blackberry, i plan to get one when i get this new job at northrop.

haha...thats why i left corporate america!!!

Mine just started doing the same this week. Weak.

Ya, my fantasy home is blocked too (tqstats). I currently use an email that i sent to myself. i typed a hyperlink and use that every morning....no one's caught. Though, i may be jinxing myself now!

Here is the easiest (albeit not the cleanest) solution I've found:

1) Get a VNC (Virtual Network Client) Server set up on your computer. RealVNC is the one I've used in the past - again, google for it. If you don't have a static IP at home (i.e. your IP changes all the time) you'll need to get a dynamic DNS server installed as well or you won't know how to connect when your IP lease expires. no-ip.com has a good one.

The second option is something i know is possible but have not done myself:

2) If you're more web-saavy you can host a website on your home computer - it's virtually the same thing, you still need some sort of dynamic DNS option. I don't know much about this option but i know a friend who has done this to get free internet service on his cell phone as well.

All this has nothing to do w/ FBB btw.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Company time and company equipment should not be used for trivial personal matters like fantasy sports. You are lucky you aren't being FIRED!!!! B):);):lol::D:o

OK, I can't even type that and keep a straight face!

My sympathies to all of you. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't check my teams and rotoworld from work.

Here is the easiest (albeit not the cleanest) solution I've found:

1) Get a VNC (Virtual Network Client) Server set up on your computer. RealVNC is the one I've used in the past - again, google for it. If you don't have a static IP at home (i.e. your IP changes all the time) you'll need to get a dynamic DNS server installed as well or you won't know how to connect when your IP lease expires. no-ip.com has a good one.

The second option is something i know is possible but have not done myself:

2) If you're more web-saavy you can host a website on your home computer - it's virtually the same thing, you still need some sort of dynamic DNS option. I don't know much about this option but i know a friend who has done this to get free internet service on his cell phone as well.

All this has nothing to do w/ FBB btw.

I'll be getting a new laptop soon and might have to try this for emergency fantasy baseball situations.

install vnc. its free. like someone said: google "vnc remote desktop"

application server runs on your workstation. Set up a password. Then using IE browser or whatever.. you type the IP address of your computer with the port: example: http://123.234.222.567:5800 (5800 is the default)

you get the prompt for the window to enter password. Once you do this, you have access to your computer which includes the Internet.

Depending how your IT is, they could filter so only ports 80, 81, maybe FTP ports such as 20,21 are only available.. So this may work or not.

I hate the fact that some will ban fantasy sports.. I can see things such as myspace ,gambling, sx sites.. but unless you are out there way over 1 hour a day.. then it should not be a big deal...

I see smokers outside smoking about once every few hours for 15 minutes or so.. so why can't you take your break at your desk?

They blocked CBS Sportsline during March Madness one year, but there's nothing blocked now that I know of. I think Myspace is blocked, but I'd never go to that site at work if I did use it.

There are some free web proxies out there that you can probably tunnel through and would be the quick and easiest way to get around a block. The only problem is that anything you send through that proxy (ie, usernames and passwords) are shared with the proxy too.

skoodog knows what he is talking about, but if you can use one of his methods, you probably wouldn't be asking.

I hate the fact that some will ban fantasy sports.. I can see things such as myspace ,gambling, sx sites.. but unless you are out there way over 1 hour a day.. then it should not be a big deal...

I see smokers outside smoking about once every few hours for 15 minutes or so.. so why can't you take your break at your desk?

Most companies block in relation to keywords in the loading of the IP address. For instance.....Headline Sports TV in canada.....their tagline is: "Home of the hardcore" Well, "hardcore" is obviously a flagged word, because I can't access their website from my work computer......

Most companies block in relation to keywords in the loading of the IP address. For instance.....Headline Sports TV in canada.....their tagline is: "Home of the hardcore" Well, "hardcore" is obviously a flagged word, because I can't access their website from my work computer......

That's a dumb word for them to use in their tagline... I wonder if they know that??

If you can go through a web site that searches anonymous, then I would question your companies security. Tech people should be smarter than that

Try using this website...

http://anonymouse.org/

Then click on English and then type in the website address. It might run slow but it might load up Sportsline.

Hope this helps!

Crap, tried this and was denied. Seems like they are pretty serious. I'm at a big company with lot's of IT people. Ugh

That's a dumb word for them to use in their tagline... I wonder if they know that??

It's the line from their TV commercials......Headline sports, home for the hardcore.

As in, hardcore sports fans.

Unfortunately when that word appears in a website, the website is blocked.