Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rheo

Who should I drop (all minor leaguers)

I need to create roster space to pick someone up and I'm having a hard time deciding who to drop. I'm looking for which drop will be the least likely to come back and bite me. I've narrowed it down to these three players

Humberto Sanchez, P, NYY

Esmailyn Gonzalez (or whatever his name is), SS, Was

Neil Walker, 3B, Pit

Thanks.

I need to create roster space to pick someone up and I'm having a hard time deciding who to drop. I'm looking for which drop will be the least likely to come back and bite me. I've narrowed it down to these three players

Humberto Sanchez, P, NYY

Neil Walker, 3B, Pit

Thanks.

Well, Neil Walker has been almost a complete bust, IMHO. I have been holding on to him for several years now and have seen his stock plummet. When I drafted him, it was because he was touted as a future 40 HR catcher. Now, he will never catch, he doesn't appear to be a huge power threat, he doesn't hit for average, he doesn't get on base, and he strikes out almost 5 times for every walk he takes. Most important in my decision to cut him loose this year is his being buried on the depth chart. He is well behind Pedro Alvarez and Andy LaRoche at 3B, which most likely pushes him to the OF eventually.

I'm not as familiar with the other two other than I have heard that Gonzalez is not nearly as young as everyone believed.

Humberto Sanchez, P, NYY

Neil Walker, 3B, Pit

Thanks.

You should probably drop both Neil Walker and Humberto Sanchez. Keep Esmailyn for sure. He has very good potential and is a SS. Totally can Neil Walker and Humberto Sanchez, both guys are pretty old to be sought after prospects and neither have really had impressive numbers.

Well, Neil Walker has been almost a complete bust, IMHO. I have been holding on to him for several years now and have seen his stock plummet. When I drafted him, it was because he was touted as a future 40 HR catcher. Now, he will never catch, he doesn't appear to be a huge power threat, he doesn't hit for average, he doesn't get on base, and he strikes out almost 5 times for every walk he takes. Most important in my decision to cut him loose this year is his being buried on the depth chart. He is well behind Pedro Alvarez and Andy LaRoche at 3B, which most likely pushes him to the OF eventually.

I'm not as familiar with the other two other than I have heard that Gonzalez is not nearly as young as everyone believed.

lol, I almost forgot about this. He's really 23.

Drop them all!! Let me know what position you need I'll see if I can muster a worthy prospect for your roster.