Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Dumbest Fantasy Baseball Moves

16 team h2h league.

Some dude grabbed Billy Wagner off the ww.

Can't say it's a dumb move per say, but my leaguemates in my 12 team league let Miggy fall to me in the 2nd round o.O (drafted 11th, serpentine draft style)

Can't say it's a dumb move per say, but my leaguemates in my 12 team league let Miggy fall to me in the 2nd round o.O (drafted 11th, serpentine draft style)

Why didn't you pick him in round 1, 11th overall?

Why didn't you pick him in round 1, 11th overall?

hmmm good question... I took Kinsler instead... maybe I'm the one making the dumb moves too B)

A guy where I used to work always picked Willie Bloomquist as his first pick every time we played... just because he went to the same South Kitsap highschool with him. I always wanted to tell him that Willie would probably be available in the last round, but I kept "forgetting." B)

Dumbest move this season - not dropping B.J. Upton for Bonifacio!!! Now some other jabroni is going to have his 60 steals and I'm stuck w/ this bum.

Also in reference to the first post about Yo getting dropped, getting offers of Raul Ibanez w/ the following rationale: "C'mon, you claimed him off the waiver wire so he's basically worth as much anyways." Yeah, cuz if some idiot drops like Adrian Gonzalez he's only worth as much as someone else on the waiver...c'mon guy.

Last night, right before the Twins game (or was it in the 1st inning, not sure), this guy waived Bedard for Purcey. He used a 15th rounder to draft Bedard...didn't even make the rounds to see if someone wanted to trade for him

I dropped Alex Gordon for Hank Blalock in a redraft because it counts errors

I also dropped Carlos Pena for Brad Hawpe

I just noticed in a thread under BC regarding whether a waiver claim should be used on Jason Bay. I would have to think that the dropping of Bay would rank near the top of this lsit!

I currently have a waiver-request in for Marmol in the same OP Gallardo league...*sigh*

Just wish they'd drop batters since that's what i need help in!

Last year a kid in my league asked me who he should pick for 2b. I told him Ian Kinsler and that he'd have a big year. He followed my advice, but then a week into the season he dropped him. The kid who had the waiver priority and got him also picked up Quentin and Alexei (he's a huge Sox fan so he jumped all over them early) and got K-Rod in a lopsided trade.

Needless to say the kid who dropped Kinsler had a horrible year and the guy who picked him up won the regular season. I got the best of him in the playoffs tho B)

In my league someone dropped John Lackey for Braden Looper, and I just picked up John Lackey. Now I have 40% of the Angel's rotation stashed on the DL.

I opted to pick up Brett Myers before the season started off the wire rather than Josh Johnson.... UGH!

Someone dropped *Cole Hamels* yesterday in one of my leagues for....Kyle Lohse. It sucks I have no chance of getting him since I have the 10th (out of 12) waiver priority.

Last year I dropped nate mclouth after his hitting streak was over, i didnt pick up xavier nady after telling all of my friends he was someone to watch out for, and i dropped carlos quentin before he went crazy......

On the plus side i added Jon Lester the night before his no-hitter, that was the GREATEST fantasy move i ever made

I traded Carlos Lee for Jake "Garbage" Peavy

Someone bidded $29 on Bonaficio this past week in our first FAAB for my NL-Only League. In our league, if you bid more than $24 on a player in free agency, you are forced to keep them not only for the current season, but the following season.

Granted I saw the guy's name on my sheet for the last five rounds of the reserve draft, but I didn't think he would do anything.

I traded Scherzer for Placido Polanco the night before he had the 13 k's. Ugh.

I drafted Hanley Ramirez #1

someone dropped Nelson Cruz and Matt Kemp. I added Cruz from waivers but doesn't look good for me to get Kemp.

Also, looked late last night and somehow Carlos Pena was still available, so I got him...gotta love it.

I just noticed in a thread under BC regarding whether a waiver claim should be used on Jason Bay. I would have to think that the dropping of Bay would rank near the top of this lsit!

....along with someone actually asking if they should put in a claim for him!

I cant even believe some of the things people do. That wouldnt be allowed in one of my leagues as those people would be kicked out of the league for for most of that stuff. Its no fun being in a league with people like that who wont be competitive.

The dumbest move I have seen in either of my 18 teamers is someone dropped Clay Buchholz.