Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Dumbest Fantasy Baseball Moves

Dumbest move this season - not dropping B.J. Upton for Bonifacio!!! Now some other jabroni is going to have his 60 steals and I'm stuck w/ this bum.

Also in reference to the first post about Yo getting dropped, getting offers of Raul Ibanez w/ the following rationale: "C'mon, you claimed him off the waiver wire so he's basically worth as much anyways." Yeah, cuz if some idiot drops like Adrian Gonzalez he's only worth as much as someone else on the waiver...c'mon guy.

If you would have dropped BJ for Bonifacio that would be the worst move in here. Next on the list...How are some of you so involved in forums and such but not have a legit league. I don't consider someone saying his worst move ever was NOT dropping BJ for Bonifacio legit, or say someone dropping Cole Hamels is legit. It shocks me to see some of the worst leagues that could possibly be formed being filled by managers on this forum.

If you would have dropped BJ for Bonifacio that would be the worst move in here. Next on the list...How are some of you so involved in forums and such but not have a legit league. I don't consider someone saying his worst move ever was NOT dropping BJ for Bonifacio legit, or say someone dropping Cole Hamels is legit. It shocks me to see some of the worst leagues that could possibly be formed being filled by managers on this forum.

First, I'm pretty sure the BJ-for-Bonifacio comment was sarcasm. Second, you most likely struck a chord with a LOT of people in here who are in very competitive leagues. Sure, someone is bound to make a dumb move here and there but these things happen even in real life by GMs that end up making lopsided trades by accident. Third, if you can't enjoy watching fellow managers make collosal slipups from time to time, then you're probably not enjoying the game as much as you should be. I'm in a pretty competitive league and my friend asked to be in it despite knowing NOTHING about baseball. He's made a few mistakes so far but he's learning from them and that's completely acceptable IMHO.

I traded Scherzer for Placido Polanco the night before he had the 13 k's. Ugh.

Don't worry because Max has never struck out 13 batters in a game. Unless you meant Kershaw? B)

Don't worry because Max has never struck out 13 batters in a game. Unless you meant Kershaw? B)

Kershaw for Polanco?? Ouch, I hope not. Someone would have to be pretty desperate for a 2B.

I'm thinking he meant the one where he retired all 13 batters and struck out 7 in relief.

Last year I dropped Carlos Quentin in the first week of the season for Jose Lopez.

This year, I had Chris Ray, Brandon Lyon, Manny Corpas and Fernando Rodney on my bench, then the day before the season started I dropped Rodney for John Baker.

I did not start Gallardo today

In 2007 I traded Carlos Pena to my buddy for Al Reyes the closer for the Rays at the time. I desperately needed saves and he was on fire the first two months of the year. The worst part about the whole thing is that he wanted Craig Monroe and I was trying to sell high on Pena figuring his hot start that year was a fluke and I convinced him to take Pena. Long story short Monroe got released by the Tigers later that year and Pena went on to hit 46 HR's while Reyes $ucked the rest of the year blowing save after save. He turned that deal into the league title and big $$$$$$. STILL makes me mad to this day.

VETO

I normally don't vote for the veto unless there is something fishy going on but with that trade you have to overturn it. That's ridiculous.

I did not start Gallardo today

I sat Greinke. What's even worse...I'm out of tequila.

Traded Adrain Gonzo and Nathan for C. Young (SP) and Ortiz and a 4th round pk last year, next week Ortiz gets re-injured and Young takes a ball to the dome.

Also same year traded a DL soriano for Bedard.

Its June 1, 2004; Johan Santana is sitting at an ERA around 5.60 in his first season in the starting rotation from day one. I offered his owner Percival (who was struggling at the time), and Carlos Lee (who was also struggling) for him, and he accepts.

Almost immediately after this trade goes through, Percival gets injured for a month and Santana becomes the best pitcher in baseball. I own KRod as a middle reliever, so I still have the Angels closer for a month.

Carlos Lee is still kind of struggling by the end of June, and the guy drops him in disgust (with himself and the trade perhaps). I pick him back up and he is awesome the rest of the season (21 HRs in the last 3 months).

He still brings up that series of events and has never really gotten over it.

Also, there have been two horrible trades in one of my leagues this year (involving four different teams in total)

Lance Berkman for Jorge Cantu

and

Carlos Pena and Josh Hamilton for Derrek Lee, Edwin Encarnacion and Raul Ibanez

I can't seem to get a fair deal done, and these kinds of trades are getting accepted... B)

I just picked up Daisuke Matsuzaka from the Waiver Wire... and I had the last WW pick -- go figure. I am loving my rotation now.

10 team h2h league...last year I dropped Pedrioa a few weeks into the season to pick up Uggla who had started to mash HR's...needless to say Pedrioa goes on to dominate and win MVP!!

Actually, this doesn't surprise me at all. A smart person who plays FB for $$$ would try to join as many leagues filled with stupid managers as possible. It increases their chances of winning the big bucks. Just because they are involved in some of these "illegitimate" leagues, doesn't mean they don't also play in other leagues that are extremely competitive, as well.

Protecting Sandoval at $1. Thought it was the bargain of the century. Ain't looking like it...so far. God I hate when he hits behind Molina and gets a base hit when he's on second.

I benched Curtis Granderson for Elijah Dukes the first time just to let him get out of his slump. Boy, did he get out of his slump by hitting 2 home runs. FML.

Since this was bumped up.

Drafted Holliday over Carlos Lee and Markakis. Although I drafted Kemp right after Holliday.

Joba at 126...too high, especially when Kershaw when 60 or so picks later.