Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Dumbest Fantasy Baseball Moves

A leaguemate of mine just traded John Lackey AND Jacoby Ellsbury for Nyjer Morgan.

Haha, same dude just traded Brandon Phillips for Orlando Hudson. His reasoning? Steroids fueled Phillips' stellar 2007 campaign and he's not the same anymore.

Yeah, you can just tell after 2 weeks. B)

not here to brag or anything, but thought this was kinda funny.

Wanted to buy low on Beltran, so I offered this guy Pena and Bedard. I hyped them up a lot and was saying stuff like Bedard is back and stuff or whatever.

I guess he doesn't like the trade and counters with Bedard and Hafner B)

in a 10 team, 32 roster spot league, i offered this guy b.j. upton and scott kazmir for youkilis. he declined and countered, offering prince fielder for casey blake and chris duncan. if it manages to not get vetoed, i'm going to have to give him back out of a distinct hope that things stay at least a little competitive.

Last year in early May in my redraft league I was involved in a three way trade:

I gave Francisco Rodriguez to team B for Joba and Fukudome. I then spun Joba for Clay Buchholz.

So I traded K-Rod for Fukudome and Buchholz...we all know how this turned out. B)

last year i dropped k-rod for scot shields.....

I saw a Mets fan draft Billy Wagner with the 1st overall pick the ear he was signed as a FA to the Mets.

In 2007 I traded Carlos Pena to my buddy for Al Reyes the closer for the Rays at the time. I desperately needed saves and he was on fire the first two months of the year. The worst part about the whole thing is that he wanted Craig Monroe and I was trying to sell high on Pena figuring his hot start that year was a fluke and I convinced him to take Pena. Long story short Monroe got released by the Tigers later that year and Pena went on to hit 46 HR's while Reyes $ucked the rest of the year blowing save after save. He turned that deal into the league title and big $$$$$$. STILL makes me mad to this day.

That would DEFINITELY be me!

Muahahahahahahahaahahahahah.

Pretty sure that Pena trade paid for my half of my honeymoon that year. Thanks, buddy. B)

That would DEFINITELY be me!

Muahahahahahahahaahahahahah.

Pretty sure that Pena trade paid for my half of my honeymoon that year. Thanks, buddy. B)

Salt + Open Wound = Ouch.

In 2009, my 1st year playing FB, and not knowing anybody after a 7 year hiatus from regular MLB viewing; I saw Craig Biggio on the WW (!) and dropped some scrub on the Orioles named Brian Roberts.

He was promptly scooped up, so I checked out his bio/stats....DOH!

First rookie mistake, but I learned quickly (w/help from RW), and won my 12 teamer. I can only imagine the look on the other owners' faces! B)

In my big keeper league, I traded Ellsbury and Hughes to get Manny prior to the 08 season. I thought I got the edge in the trade at the time, but then it came time to declare trades, and the guy didn't keep either guy. He pretty much just gave me Manny for nothing...I didn't understand that move.

In 2009, my 1st year playing FB, and not knowing anybody after a 7 year hiatus from regular MLB viewing; I saw Craig Biggio on the WW (!) and dropped some scrub on the Orioles named Brian Roberts.

He was promptly scooped up, so I checked out his bio/stats....DOH!

First rookie mistake, but I learned quickly (w/help from RW), and won my 12 teamer. I can only imagine the look on the other owners' faces! B)

I meant "In 2007"

Uh, how about stocking up on players for a doubleheader then watching them all go 0-4 (soon to be 0-8)?

Forgot to post this a while back.

Guy in my league traded Teix for Lackey

B)

*Patience is a virtue

I dealt Matt Holliday for Vernon Wells on Sunday because I wanted more Runs/SB and because I'm a Wells fan.

I don't get Wells until tomorrow so I had Holliday for his good games on Monday and Tuesday but I may very well regret this move, especially if he gets traded to NY or Boston. B)

But still not as bad as unloading Teix for John "gummy bear" Lackey

I traded for David Ortiz.... Kerry Wood and Kurt Suzuki in a 17 team league. So far I'm regretting it terribly.

I left Greinke sitting on F/As thinking his hot start by winning his first two games wouldn't last.

More like the dumbest fantasy non-move.

I left Greinke sitting on F/As thinking his hot start by winning his first two games wouldn't last.

More like the dumbest fantasy non-move.

Yikes. Don't worry, i passed up Carl Crawford early on....

We decided to start a keeper before the start of this year, and you were allowed to keep 4 batters, 2 starting pitchers and 1 relief pitcher total. This guy decides to keep Ryan Howard, Pedroia, Holliday and Ichiro as his hitters. Not bad, right ? Well he dropped Evan Longoria back into the re-draft pool and Longoria was taken with the first pick in our re-draft. We all know where Longoria is going. Dumbest move, so far.

A move I remember seeing maybe 4-5 years ago.

Mike Matheny for Carlos Delgado, straight up probably 2 weeks into the season.

Matheny was hitting .330 something and Delgado was struggling in the first 2 weeks...needless to say, the guy who got Matheny dropped him maybe 2 weeks later, and Delgado turned into Delgado.

this year

3 weeks ago a leaguemate drops

Lance Berkman for

Omar Infante.

i was able to snatch berkman with my 7th waiver.

Traded Jupton for Kershaw about 2-3 weeks ago. Not awful move, but definitely could have done a little better than Kershaw

last year an owner drafted Cliff Lee in the last (25th, $2) round and dropped him soon after. THEN picked him back up on waivers ($11) and 2 weeks later traded him to me! Dumb move, but of course, he did win the league anyway.

Before the start of this season I traded away Cruz,kershaw,floyd,& c.perez for Lidge & BJ Ryan.....I'm really missing cruz's bat.

Dumb for him: He gave me Broxton for my Jenks.

Not dumbest fantasy move, but i sure wouldn't do it