Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skoodog

Dumbest Fantasy Baseball Moves

last year an owner drafted Cliff Lee in the last (25th, $2) round and dropped him soon after. THEN picked him back up on waivers ($11) and 2 weeks later traded him to me! Dumb move, but of course, he did win the league anyway.

Last year I picked up C.Lee off waivers and traded him away to get a bat>Jay Bruce.....I was and still am loaded with pitching.

"Since the discussion is becoming about trades/moves, it's become BC in nature - BC Forum it is. "

isnt it about moves from the title of this thread?

3 in my Yahoo pts league already...Each equally dumbfounding

1. Brad drops Oswalt after his first 2 bad starts...

2. I (this kills me to the core) Traded, in roughly the 2nd or 3rd week, Beckett for J. Rollins and Verlander and then dropped Verlander immediately b/c I remembered him having a bad year last year, not considering all that matters in a pts league is K's...wowzers, i'm left with rollins who blows, and no beckett or verlander, kill me

3. Ryan Drops Rauel Ibanez in the 1st or 2nd week

Did I ever learn a thing or two in my first pts league...ROTO is so much different

I have two different ones for 2 of my keeper leagues:

In 2005, I kept Ryan Wagner instead of Chris Carpenter. Carpenter was drafted 4th in the re-draft and went on to win 21 games, have 213 Ks, 2.83 ERA and a 1.06 WHIP. While Wagner never became the stud closer he was supposed to be. Ouch.

Just before David Wright was called to the majors, I traded the right to him for Octavio Dotel and Jesse Crain. Dotel went on to blow out his arm and Crain never became a closer. The guy who was blocking Wright's path and lead me to trade him was MVP candidate Eric Chavez, yeah that one hasn't turned out so great. (I also traded Jose Reyes when he was in the minors for something that I've purged from my memory a long time ago)

April 11th, a guy in my league dropped Cliff Lee, picked up Jered Weaver. Not a bad pick up by any means, but I still can't believe he gave up on Lee one week into the season following a Cy Young?!

April 12th, the same guy dropped Verlander... for Jason Giambi! Granted, Verlander was sketchy coming off last year, but I'd bet he'd love to have him back now!