Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NapPYdugout

Top Minors Players for 2009 Impact

Alvarez, Wallace, Viciedo & Triunfel seem like the best bets to stay at 3B - and while I haven't seen enough of Viciedo to be sure, I'm sure the other 3 will be great assets with the bat. Vitters is also likely, but wow, talk about difficult to project right now.

Moustakas is an elite bat, but I have a feeling he goes to OF. The bat is studly, though.

Matt Dominguez & Almanzar from BOS are worth keeping an eye on. A SS in name only is Lonnie Chisenhall from CLE - I think he shifts over to 3B, based on the scouting reports on his range/footwork.

Interestingly, there are no great all-around 3B prospects right now. That's what makes projecting who sticks hard to figure out.

Alvarez, Wallace, Viciedo & Triunfel seem like the best bets to stay at 3B - and while I haven't seen enough of Viciedo to be sure, I'm sure the other 3 will be great assets with the bat. Vitters is also likely, but wow, talk about difficult to project right now.

Moustakas is an elite bat, but I have a feeling he goes to OF. The bat is studly, though.

Matt Dominguez & Almanzar from BOS are worth keeping an eye on. A SS in name only is Lonnie Chisenhall from CLE - I think he shifts over to 3B, based on the scouting reports on his range/footwork.

Interestingly, there are no great all-around 3B prospects right now. That's what makes projecting who sticks hard to figure out.

Lol ya that's why I had to ask. I thought for sure I had to be missing someone when searching last night. Thanks for the info though, it's the only spot I'm really missing in my dynasty league.

Aaron Poreda threw the hammer down yesterday.

coming into last season Carlos Gonzalez was a highly regarded prospect who currently has a .325 average and 27 rbi's in 19 games

latest from rotoworld

Carlos Gonzalez went 5-for-6 with two triples, a double and five RBI for Triple-A Colorado Springs on Thursday.

Gonzalez is up to .325/.404/.610 in 77 at-bats for the season. One wonders where when the Rockies will find room for him with Dexter Fowler establishing himself and no shortage of options in left field, but if he keeps performing like this, his opportunity will come, probably around the All-Star break.

Homer Bailey had another good start at AAA today.

I think there are indeed can't miss prospects.

After Wieters...I think it's Matt LaPorta and Tommy Hanson. These are the only 2 guys I can actually see producing top 100 fantasy player numbers as rookies.

Where does Neftali Feliz fit into all this?? Does he even get the call this year?

Homer Bailey had another good start at AAA today.

I just threw up.

Where does Neftali Feliz fit into all this?? Does he even get the call this year?

16 walks in 19+ innings of work so far this year. He's going to have to get the control issues ironed out before he's considered. Unless he's dominating at AAA I doubt he gets a call since he's only 21 (less than a week ago). I'd say he might see some innings in September, but he'll probably have to wait until next year to have a shot at a full-time rotation slot.

Guest zubaz4fans

Nolan Reimold, OF - Baltimore (only Felix Pie stands in his way), has 30 homer power. I think he's going to get called up BY June 1st.

Orioles outfield prospect Nolan Reimold is hitting an amazing .417 with six homers (two Sunday) and 19 RBI in only 16 games back at Triple-A Norfolk. Orioles manager Dave Trembley has noticed, reports MASNsports.com. "He ended spring training on a real upswing," Trembley said Monday. "I talked to our scouts about him. He's off to a real nice start and I hope it continues because he's a guy that we all feel can help us. When that is, I'm not sure, but I know he is probably a lot further along than we all anticipated at this particular point in time."

Then theres Madison Bumgarner, SP, SF (yes they are gonna have some rotation in a year or two). If something happens to the Big Unit or Sanchez, they might call this guy up.

Those are 2 i'd definitely keep an eye on.

Nolan Reimold, OF - Baltimore (only Felix Pie stands in his way), has 30 homer power. I think he's going to get called up BY June 1st.

Orioles outfield prospect Nolan Reimold is hitting an amazing .417 with six homers (two Sunday) and 19 RBI in only 16 games back at Triple-A Norfolk. Orioles manager Dave Trembley has noticed, reports MASNsports.com. "He ended spring training on a real upswing," Trembley said Monday. "I talked to our scouts about him. He's off to a real nice start and I hope it continues because he's a guy that we all feel can help us. When that is, I'm not sure, but I know he is probably a lot further along than we all anticipated at this particular point in time."

Then theres Madison Bumgarner, SP, SF (yes they are gonna have some rotation in a year or two). If something happens to the Big Unit or Sanchez, they might call this guy up.

Those are 2 i'd definitely keep an eye on.

So far: .390/.469/.756, 17 R, 8 HR, 24 RBI, plus 4 SB.

Decent career minor league numbers too: .284/.380/.518

outside of Gamels and Laporta, all the good young players on the cusp of coming up this season appear to pitchers to me.

Besides Baltimore's Chris Tillman, Phillie's Antonio Bastardo (what a name!) and Carlos Carrasco, And all the young pitchers in Texas, who are some other high ceiling minor leaguer's to watch out for?

Andrew McCutchen could end up making some noise for the Pirates...

I know Holland is already up, but assuming he hits the starting rotation, I think he will be one of the bigger impacts of the year, and will have dual eligability.

is there anything to know about Arizona's Gerardo Parra and Brad Augenstein?